Lord Kitchener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Kitchener

I'll follow up later (pressed for time), but I'd like to get a discussion going on Lord Kitchener.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

No interest? OOE?
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke
      No interest? OOE?
      OK lets see........arrogant ,over confident, uninformed, politicallly inept, shortsighted.................................thats for apetizers.
      "Now we shall have ourselves a pell mell battle!" ......The Immortal Memory, Admiral Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by Hawg 166
        OK lets see........arrogant ,over confident, uninformed, politicallly inept, shortsighted.................................thats for apetizers.

Agreed. But he did have a few good days.
        Rule 303

Comment

Originally posted by Beaugeste93
          Agreed. But he did have a few good days.
          Taking Khartoum among them.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

WWI is what really did Kitchener in. The Dominions never took his commands seriously and in the case of the both the Australians and the Canadians refused his order to piecemeal their corps into British units (Kitchener's downfall as a military commander).

He was an industrial type general, preferring to fight a war of attrition, rather than of manouver. The Boer War saw his most brutal method of fighting attrition - by sending women and children into desease ridden concentration camps, very brutally denying the Boer Commandoes the logistics they needed.

Comment

If he'd stop pointing his bloody finger at me, I may consider defending the thourough-going bastard. And then can we get to "Bomber" Harris? :)
              Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

On the plus side, great mustache!
                "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Working...
                X