PDA

View Full Version : Review: Red Riding Hood

gunnut
17 Mar 11,, 01:57
I watched this modern update of the old classic tale over the weekend.

I thought the director and the writer did a good job. The short story was expanded to fill a 2 hour slot. An inquisitor was added to serve as the antagonist. The (were)wolf was the antagonist, but not quite. It killed a few people, but the defense attorney would claim those killings as "crime of passion" or "self defense."

Red Riding Hood was not so little any more, hence the title skipped the word "little." She did utter the famous words to her grandma, though.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best, I would say this movie is a 7, based on the fact that I was entertained and did not go to the box office to demand my money back.

citanon
17 Mar 11,, 07:16

I thought the director and the writer did a good job. The short story was expanded to fill a 2 hour slot. An inquisitor was added to serve as the antagonist. The (were)wolf was the antagonist, but not quite. It killed a few people, but the defense attorney would claim those killings as "crime of passion" or "self defense."

Red Riding Hood was not so little any more, hence the title skipped the word "little." She did utter the famous words to her grandma, though.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best, I would say this movie is a 7, based on the fact that I was entertained and did not go to the box office to demand my money back.

Did you also like Twilight? :tongue::biggrin:

xinhui
17 Mar 11,, 18:52
The line of da day! :biggrin:

gunnut
17 Mar 11,, 19:07
Did you also like Twilight? :tongue::biggrin:

No, I did not. Was the chick in that movie hawt?

Amanda Seyfried is not as hot as some other movie chicks, but she has really pretty eyes.

astralis
17 Mar 11,, 21:20
sorta big, fishy eyes...

gunnut
17 Mar 11,, 21:29
sorta big, fishy eyes...

*ahem* I'm gonna refrain from my usual racist remarks about Asians...:biggrin:

Wouldn't that be racist in itself? You know, preferential treatment toward Asians when I normally insult all other ethnicities.

Julie
17 Mar 11,, 22:44
Gunnut, we're going to have to put you on some racist pills or something. :biggrin:

gunnut
17 Mar 11,, 23:08
I'm an equal opportunity offender. Some are more equal than others.:tongue:

I think I just hijacked my own thread....

Come on people. I can't believe not more of you have seen this modern update of a classic story.

Julie
17 Mar 11,, 23:25
Come on people. I can't believe not more of you have seen this modern update of a classic story.I didn't...:frown: Sorry.

ArtyEngineer
18 Mar 11,, 22:45
I'm an equal opportunity offender. Some are more equal than others.:tongue:

I think I just hijacked my own thread....

Come on people. I can't believe not more of you have seen this modern update of a classic story.

For some reason the film just doesnt seem to appeal to me. I think "Paul" will be next on the list to go see. Simon Pegg cracks me up. Love his work :)

tankie
18 Mar 11,, 23:09

I saw a version of this film in Germany many moons ago , closely followed by snow white , only they weren't dwarfs in the sense ya would think :rolleyes::biggrin:

tankie
18 Mar 11,, 23:11
For some reason the film just doesnt seem to appeal to me. I think "Paul" will be next on the list to go see. Simon Pegg cracks me up. Love his work :)

Im waiting for this film as well , heard good things about it

T_igger_cs_30
19 Mar 11,, 01:26
I saw a version of this film in Germany many moons ago , closely followed by snow white , only they weren't dwarfs in the sense ya would think :rolleyes::biggrin:

And they certainly did not sing on there way to work............ but soon had Snow White singing :Dancing-Banana:......................... correct me if I am wrong here Eric ......... but were you not turned down for one of the parts of the 7 ?................ I know me and Dave were busy that week end and had to decline the invite :biggrin:

tankie
19 Mar 11,, 15:28
And they certainly did not sing on there way to work............ but soon had Snow White singing :Dancing-Banana:......................... correct me if I am wrong here Eric ......... but were you not turned down for one of the parts of the 7 ?................ I know me and Dave were busy that week end and had to decline the invite :biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin: