Erin Go Bragh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erin Go Bragh!

Time difference mean I've been celebrating St. Paddy's for an entire hour already. There may only be one St. Paddy's a year, but there are 364 training days.

Enjoy your pints, it's one of the few days of the year you're commanded to drink!

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    Time difference mean I've been celebrating St. Paddy's for an entire hour already. There may only be one St. Paddy's a year, but there are 364 training days.

Enjoy your pints, it's one of the few days of the year you're commanded to drink!

is fearr ar shláinte. Gártha

Comment

Agus díobh féin, bainaigí sult ón lae (For those of us Gaelically challenged: Same to y'all, enjoy the day)!

Always proud to be Irish, but doubly so on Lá Fhéile Phádraig. We got Aódhan green pyjamas (complete with 'Kiss me I'm Irish' tag) to watch the parade on tv (don't want to take him in the cold yet)...I kid you not! This is my first year not being rowdy with excessive flag-waving and anti-Sasanach chants (;)), I figure I'll mind the baby and hold a vigil for the planet's collective liver.
      Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
      - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Never been in Boston for St. Patrick's before, I've got a bad feeling about this. My commute's probably gonna suck tomorrow. Of course, I could spend the night in the lab...not like I'm expecting to sleep tomorrow night anyway...
        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
          Never been in Boston for St. Patrick's before, I've got a bad feeling about this. My commute's probably gonna suck tomorrow. Of course, I could spend the night in the lab...not like I'm expecting to sleep tomorrow night anyway...
          Or in a bar!

It's going to be most excellent, trust me!

I recall fondly the late 1980s in Savannah, GA, which had a HUGE ST Patrick's Day Parade and 4 Day party. We always ahad a brigade of the 24th ID march in the Parade...River Street was blocked off as a giant party zoen with stages at both ends....Bay Street had 400 portapotties lined up dress right, dress.....and no open container laws!

Have a good one!!!
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Happy St Patricks day to all. I hope everyone stays safe.
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Too busy yesterday drinking 10 year old Bushmills to post. Had a great St Pats Day (not least because I now fit into the only emerald Green shirt I own). WOre my shamrock socks & generally celebrated all things Irish.

Here's some music to help everyone do the same

Dedicated to the Irish diaspora

...and to ireland itself

Some haunting stuff:

...and something a bit more upbeat:

sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
              X