PDA

View Full Version : Gandhi... A Hero or a Hypocrite?

LNYD
19 May 05,, 21:56
Many people will argue that Gandhi was just a Hypocrite who contradicted himself... While others will say he was a major part in getting India it's independance from British... The reason he's proclaimed a Hyprocrite and a British spoon was because he claimed he was a Man of Peace.. and Violence was not his ways, and NEVER WILL BE... But during the first War World, he deployed more than 100,000 Indian Soldiers to help the U.K... Around the world Indians were known for their bravery, many saying "Indians fighting in this brutal war for a country that is currently ruling their own?"... He was quoted "I would give up the finest sons of India to save the British Empire on its last dieing days"... That alone will make people wonder if he really was who the British propaganda makes out him to be... While hundreds of people were being slaughtered and women being raped, he was walking around in India "giving speeches"... Many people have his picture up on the walls idolizing him.. While many denounce him for his weak role and huge credit during the British Rule in India...

scoop
28 May 05,, 09:55
hey birdbrain, he wasnt supporting the british empire, he sent the sons of india to fight against evil,he sent them to fight against facisim.

LNYD
28 May 05,, 10:47
hey birdbrain, he wasnt supporting the british empire, he sent the sons of india to fight against evil,he sent them to fight against facisim.

what is your point peanut brain? you make no sense.. go bak to ur country before the Moghuls convert you to islam... Allah Hoyubat!....

And whats with your Leader Bose being honoured? didnt he surrender the indian troops to the japanese (thinking they would free the land) and join the Japanese after and fight against the british and american troops?? And gandhi called upon the british to give up on the sikhs, but the Sikhs didnt quit and still fought "BESIDE" the british?
and you're trying to make your mark on my thread? Havent you noticed, no one has disagreed with Gandhi being a hypocrite.. No one..t hat is why this thread was left alone...

scoop
28 May 05,, 10:50
no one disagreed bcos they dont want to waste time with a stupid comment like urs

LNYD
28 May 05,, 10:52
stupid comment? which stupid comment?

scoop
28 May 05,, 10:55
stupid comment that gandhi a hypocrite. does it really matter.stop livin in the past
see if u can do somthin other than tryin to disgrace ppl

LNYD
28 May 05,, 11:21
I don't disgrace people.. I don't live in the past.. The past lives in us.. That is how you move on... You don't try to "start a new life and forget the past".. you learn from your past and move on to a new life.. very different.

supriya
31 Aug 07,, 01:46
:confused: where did u get this information from???

Shamus
31 Aug 07,, 01:52
:confused: where did u get this information from???Resurrecting an old thread that managed to get the thread's author banned is not a good idea usually.However,heading over to the "Member introductions" forum and posting a thread about yourself is a very good idea.It gives the members a chance to say hello and welcome you to the board.Go ahead,you know you want to....;) .

Adux
03 Sep 07,, 03:18
Resurrecting an old thread that managed to get the thread's author banned is not a good idea usually.However,heading over to the "Member introductions" forum and posting a thread about yourself is a very good idea.It gives the members a chance to say hello and welcome you to the board.Go ahead,you know you want to....;) .

especially since the member is of the opposite sex!!!!!!

aviator
08 Sep 07,, 18:25
Many people will argue that Gandhi was just a Hypocrite who contradicted himself... While others will say he was a major part in getting India it's independance from British... The reason he's proclaimed a Hyprocrite and a British spoon was because he claimed he was a Man of Peace.. and Violence was not his ways, and NEVER WILL BE... But during the first War World, he deployed more than 100,000 Indian Soldiers to help the U.K... Around the world Indians were known for their bravery, many saying "Indians fighting in this brutal war for a country that is currently ruling their own?"... He was quoted "I would give up the finest sons of India to save the British Empire on its last dieing days"... That alone will make people wonder if he really was who the British propaganda makes out him to be... While hundreds of people were being slaughtered and women being raped, he was walking around in India "giving speeches"... Many people have his picture up on the walls idolizing him.. While many denounce him for his weak role and huge credit during the British Rule in India...

I don't consider Moulana Gandhi as a Hero, Hitler had a greater contribution than Gandhi for India's independence. Gandhi's principles were just good in theory , he had gathered massive support but without much momentum to create useful effects while hitler just blew the hell out of British empire and Britishers who were ruling whole world had to fight hard to save their own land. It was not feasible for Britishers to rule its colonies after World War II , as it was not a superpower . Hitler was an evil person fighting for power against other evil powers and Hitler was destroyed but so was British Empire and India and many colonies got independence.

aviator
08 Sep 07,, 18:35

Funny that India was itself under colonial rule and it had to send its people "to fight for its own enemies". On a serious note,after 90yrs of British rule in India, in 1947 India had 90% below poverty line , 11% literacy rate and 32yrs of life expectancy. Over million people were killed in Bengal famines and hundred of thousands people have lost their life post 1947 due to poverty .

Indians were treated as dogs in their own country and used as slaves everywhere from Fiji to South Africa , Indian soldiers were used for testing gases instead of Pigs and here comes someone as to why we should have fought FOR British rather than AGAINST british.

Ray
08 Sep 07,, 18:45
Gandhi is Gandhi!

Can't be replicated!

Adux
08 Sep 07,, 19:37
I don't consider Moulana Gandhi as a Hero, Hitler had a greater contribution than Gandhi for India's independence. Gandhi's principles were just good in theory , he had gathered massive support but without much momentum to create useful effects while hitler just blew the hell out of British empire and Britishers who were ruling whole world had to fight hard to save their own land. It was not feasible for Britishers to rule its colonies after World War II , as it was not a superpower . Hitler was an evil person fighting for power against other evil powers and Hitler was destroyed but so was British Empire and India and many colonies got independence.

Moulana?

You are calling Gandhi a islamic pawn?

You are Hindutva Fanatic arent you?

I am a Hindu and I dont agree with Gandhi's concept. But even I find what you have written as extremely dis-respectful and inflamatory.

He has contributed to Human Kind, and will be an icon of this century, far more than you can ever hope to achieve in your pathetic little life.

Dont agree, But learn to repect.
He is neither a OBL or Hitler, but a man who fought for what he beleived in, in his own ways.

Amled
08 Sep 07,, 19:43
...He is neither a OBL or Hitler, but a man who fought for what he beleived in, in his own ways.
As good an epitaph as anyone; great or small, can leave for posterity.

Kansas Bear
08 Sep 07,, 19:47
Hitler had a greater contribution than Gandhi for India's independence.

Hell...

aviator
08 Sep 07,, 20:38
Moulana?
You are calling Gandhi a islamic pawn?
You are Hindutva Fanatic arent you?

I am a Hindu and I dont agree with Gandhi's concept. But even I find what you have written as extremely dis-respectful and inflamatory.

He has contributed to Human Kind, and will be an icon of this century, far more than you can ever hope to achieve in your pathetic little life.

Dont agree, But learn to repect.
He is neither a OBL or Hitler, but a man who fought for what he beleived in, in his own ways.

I am an Atheist leave aside Hindu fanatic but Gandhi was a sickular hypocrite, in case of Hindu-Muslim riots , more the number of Hindus were killed higher was his flag of secularism.

Let me tell you an interesting piece of history which under congress rule you would may not get to see in Indian History textbooks:-

Gandhi, the moulana of Muslim appeasement-II (http://www.newstodaynet.com/2006sud/06dec/2712ss1.htm)

Dr B R Ambedkar paid his tribute to the Muslim Appeasement Bible of Moulana Mahatma Gandhi in these brilliant words: 'Gandhi has never called the Muslims to account even when they have been guilty of gross crimes against Hindus. It is a notorious fact that many prominent Hindus who had offended the religious susceptibilities of the Muslims either by their writings or by their part in the Shudhi Movement have been murdered by some fanatic Musalmans. The leading Muslims never condemned these criminals. On the contrary, they were hailed as religious martyrs.... This attitude of the Muslims is understandable. What is not understandable is the attitude of Mr Gandhi.'

Dr Ambedkar was not talking through his hat about the anti-Hindu and pro-Muslim attitude of Mahatma Gandhi. Thousands of Hindu women were raped and many of them killed by the Moplah Muslims during the Moplah rebellion in 1921

The atrocities committed by the Moplah rebels were widely reported in the English and vernacular newspapers of the day throughout India and the British Empire. Mahatma Gandhi was fully aware of every development in Malabar during this time. But his overweening egoism blinded his eyes to such an extent that he was unable to see the realities on the ground. A Peoples' Conference presided over by the Zamorin, Maharaja of Malabar, was held in 1921. The following resolution was passed at this Conference:

'This Conference views with indignation and sorrow the attempts made in various quarters by interested parties to ignore or minimise the crimes committed by the Moplah rebels such as:

a) Brutality dishonouring women

b) Flaying people alive

c) Wholesale slaughter of men, women and children

d) Burning alive entire families

e) Forcibly converting people in thousands and slaying those who refused to get converted

f) Throwing half dead people into wells and leaving the victims for hours to struggle for escape till finally released from their suffering by death

g) Burning a great many and looting practically all Hindu and Christian houses in the disturbed areas in which even Moplah women and children took part and robbing women of even the garments on their bodies, in short, reducing the whole non-Muslim population to abject destitution.

h) Cruelly insulting the religious sentiments of the Hindus by desecrating and destroying numerous temples in the disturbed areas, killing cows within the temple precincts, putting their entrails on the holy image and hanging the skulls on the walls and roofs.

Annie Besant exposed the atrocities committed by the Moplah rebels in Malabar as a fearless journalist. Let us hear her describe an act and scene of rape in Malabar: 'Words fail to express my feelings of indignation and abhorrence which I experienced when I came to know of an instance of rape, committed by the rebels under Chembrasseri Thangal. A respectable Nair lady at Melathur was stripped naked by the rebels in the presence of her husband and brothers who were made to stand close by with their hands tied behind. When they shut their eyes in abhorrence, they were compelled at the point of a sword to open their eyes and witness the rape committed by the brute in their presence. I loathe even to write of such a mean action. This instance of rape was communicated to me by one of her brothers confidentially. There are several instances of such mean atrocities which are not revealed by people....'

Now here is extract from B.R Ambedkar's book about attitude of Moulana gandhi towards muslim appeasement:-

Mr. Gandhi's tenacious quest for Hindu-Muslim unity (http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00ambedkar/ambedkar_partition/307b.html)

Mr. Gandhi has been very punctilious in the matter of condemning any and every act of violence and has forced the Congress, much against its will to condemn it. But Mr. Gandhi has never protested against such murders. Not only have the Musalmans not condemned/10/ these outrages but even Mr. Gandhi has never called upon the leading Muslims to condemn them. He has kept silent over them. Such an attitude can be explained only on the ground that Mr. Gandhi was anxious to preserve Hindu-Moslem unity and did not mind the murders of a few Hindus, if it could be achieved by sacrificing their lives.

This attitude to excuse the Muslims any wrong, lest it should injure the cause of unity, is well illustrated by what Mr. Gandhi had to say in the matter of the Mopla riots.

The blood-curdling atrocities committed by the Moplas in Malabar against the Hindus were indescribable. All over Southern India, a wave of horrified feeling had spread among the Hindus of every shade of opinion, which was intensified when certain Khilafat leaders were so misguided as to pass resolutions of "congratulations to the Moplas on the brave fight they were conducting for the sake of religion." Any person could have said that this was too heavy a price for Hindu-Moslem unity. But Mr. Gandhi was so much obsessed by the necessity of establishing Hindu-Moslem unity that he was prepared to make light of the doings of the Moplas and the Khilafats who were congratulating them. He spoke of the Moplas as the "brave God-fearing Moplas who were fighting for what they consider as religion and in a manner which they consider as religious."
__________________________________________________ _____________

Now a person who praises muslim mass murderers as hero's and is happy when Hindus are killed would be called Moulana not Mahatma.

aviator
08 Sep 07,, 20:41
Hell...NO

Well man , I am not praising Hitler or Nazism. Hitler was an evil person , no doubt about that but What I mean to say is that had there been no World War II and British Empire wouldn't have been weakened then most British colonies would not have got Independence. If you do some research not just India but large number of British colonies got Independence few yrs after World War II and all of them didn't had gandhi to give them independence. World War II was a huge factor for Indian Independence.

Officer of Engineers
08 Sep 07,, 20:45
India would have gotten Dominion Status if WWII had not occurred.

Adux
08 Sep 07,, 20:58
I am an Atheist leave aside Hindu fanatic but Gandhi was a sickular hypocrite, in case of Hindu-Muslim riots , more the number of Hindus were killed higher was his flag of secularism.

Let me tell you an interesting piece of history which under congress rule you would may not get to see in Indian History textbooks:-

Gandhi, the moulana of Muslim appeasement-II (http://www.newstodaynet.com/2006sud/06dec/2712ss1.htm)

Dr B R Ambedkar paid his tribute to the Muslim Appeasement Bible of Moulana Mahatma Gandhi in these brilliant words: 'Gandhi has never called the Muslims to account even when they have been guilty of gross crimes against Hindus. It is a notorious fact that many prominent Hindus who had offended the religious susceptibilities of the Muslims either by their writings or by their part in the Shudhi Movement have been murdered by some fanatic Musalmans. The leading Muslims never condemned these criminals. On the contrary, they were hailed as religious martyrs.... This attitude of the Muslims is understandable. What is not understandable is the attitude of Mr Gandhi.'

Dr Ambedkar was not talking through his hat about the anti-Hindu and pro-Muslim attitude of Mahatma Gandhi. Thousands of Hindu women were raped and many of them killed by the Moplah Muslims during the Moplah rebellion in 1921

The atrocities committed by the Moplah rebels were widely reported in the English and vernacular newspapers of the day throughout India and the British Empire. Mahatma Gandhi was fully aware of every development in Malabar during this time. But his overweening egoism blinded his eyes to such an extent that he was unable to see the realities on the ground. A Peoples' Conference presided over by the Zamorin, Maharaja of Malabar, was held in 1921. The following resolution was passed at this Conference:

'This Conference views with indignation and sorrow the attempts made in various quarters by interested parties to ignore or minimise the crimes committed by the Moplah rebels such as:

a) Brutality dishonouring women

b) Flaying people alive

c) Wholesale slaughter of men, women and children

d) Burning alive entire families

e) Forcibly converting people in thousands and slaying those who refused to get converted

f) Throwing half dead people into wells and leaving the victims for hours to struggle for escape till finally released from their suffering by death

g) Burning a great many and looting practically all Hindu and Christian houses in the disturbed areas in which even Moplah women and children took part and robbing women of even the garments on their bodies, in short, reducing the whole non-Muslim population to abject destitution.

h) Cruelly insulting the religious sentiments of the Hindus by desecrating and destroying numerous temples in the disturbed areas, killing cows within the temple precincts, putting their entrails on the holy image and hanging the skulls on the walls and roofs.

Annie Besant exposed the atrocities committed by the Moplah rebels in Malabar as a fearless journalist. Let us hear her describe an act and scene of rape in Malabar: 'Words fail to express my feelings of indignation and abhorrence which I experienced when I came to know of an instance of rape, committed by the rebels under Chembrasseri Thangal. A respectable Nair lady at Melathur was stripped naked by the rebels in the presence of her husband and brothers who were made to stand close by with their hands tied behind. When they shut their eyes in abhorrence, they were compelled at the point of a sword to open their eyes and witness the rape committed by the brute in their presence. I loathe even to write of such a mean action. This instance of rape was communicated to me by one of her brothers confidentially. There are several instances of such mean atrocities which are not revealed by people....'

Now here is extract from B.R Ambedkar's book about attitude of Moulana gandhi towards muslim appeasement:-

Mr. Gandhi's tenacious quest for Hindu-Muslim unity (http://www.columbia.edu/itc/mealac/pritchett/00ambedkar/ambedkar_partition/307b.html)

Mr. Gandhi has been very punctilious in the matter of condemning any and every act of violence and has forced the Congress, much against its will to condemn it. But Mr. Gandhi has never protested against such murders. Not only have the Musalmans not condemned/10/ these outrages but even Mr. Gandhi has never called upon the leading Muslims to condemn them. He has kept silent over them. Such an attitude can be explained only on the ground that Mr. Gandhi was anxious to preserve Hindu-Moslem unity and did not mind the murders of a few Hindus, if it could be achieved by sacrificing their lives.

This attitude to excuse the Muslims any wrong, lest it should injure the cause of unity, is well illustrated by what Mr. Gandhi had to say in the matter of the Mopla riots.

The blood-curdling atrocities committed by the Moplas in Malabar against the Hindus were indescribable. All over Southern India, a wave of horrified feeling had spread among the Hindus of every shade of opinion, which was intensified when certain Khilafat leaders were so misguided as to pass resolutions of "congratulations to the Moplas on the brave fight they were conducting for the sake of religion." Any person could have said that this was too heavy a price for Hindu-Moslem unity. But Mr. Gandhi was so much obsessed by the necessity of establishing Hindu-Moslem unity that he was prepared to make light of the doings of the Moplas and the Khilafats who were congratulating them. He spoke of the Moplas as the "brave God-fearing Moplas who were fighting for what they consider as religion and in a manner which they consider as religious."
__________________________________________________ _____________

Now a person who praises muslim mass murderers as hero's and is happy when Hindus are killed would be called Moulana not Mahatma.

Nice, for you to qoute something from Kerala, guess what einstien I am a malayalee. Throughout Human history, we have fought one another, did things to each other that even god cant forgive. It was not in the character of Mahatma Gandhi to be the torch bearer of Hindu community, he was a person who wanted peace, advocated non-violence. What do you think he should have done, Called up Hindu's to kill the muslims. Thats something I would have done, but thats not something he would have done.
You are definitely not an atheist, cause you have certain prejudice to one form of religion. What about Gujarat Riots etc etc, what about the Apartheid charactersitics of the Nair community in Kerala(Nair is high caste).
If I keep going back in history, there is dirt on every community which exsisted in this world, wether it is internal or external.

It was not in his character to propagate violence!!! Even when Violence was needed to bring justice. I dont agree with it, but thats just him. Thats why he is revered around the world.

Adux
08 Sep 07,, 21:02
Well man , I am not praising Hitler or Nazism. Hitler was an evil person , no doubt about that but What I mean to say is that had there been no World War II and British Empire wouldn't have been weakened then most British colonies would not have got Independence. If you do some research not just India but large number of British colonies got Independence few yrs after World War II and all of them didn't had gandhi to give them independence. World War II was a huge factor for Indian Independence.

Indian Independence Movement started gaining strength from 1931. Learn your history.