The infamous suicide-attack banning Fatwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The infamous suicide-attack banning Fatwa

Well I think I personally had been kinda harsh in my response and gave a knee-jerk reaction to what Hari and Jay posted, before.

The whole issue does carry a hint of lunacy that has to be attacked and plucked out of the Pakistani mindsets. #1 Fatwas and any religious declaration as a law is simply wrong to be endorsed by the government. A sin, maybe. I'm not morally against the action of the government banning Suicide attacks, but given the fact that religion is so deep rooted you can let that go a little. But it should've been left at that, the extra fundo-appeasing lines of not allowing or even if its about not being concerned about attacks against non-Pakistani forces through suicide bombers was simply not needed and is a wrong thing to do.

I know this is will be very non-consequential in the war in Iraq and elsewhere. But it's still damaging as Pakistan's foreign policy.

A few of my thoughts. And once again I appologize to Hari and Jay (and the Admin too perhaps) for the knee-jerk reaction, before. Just felt that the more voices that spoke up against this lunacy, the bigger a difference it'll actually make for Pakistan.

http://articles.urbanpakistan.com/mo...=article&sid=3

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
    And once again I appologize to Hari and Jay (and the Admin too perhaps) for the knee-jerk reaction, before.
    Asim Aquil,

In so far as I am concerened, you posted nothing on the now closed fatwa thread started by me that that even remotely warrants an apology.

Comment

Working...
    X