Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haw-keye Vs Bad-geeer Tribes: A Cultural Anthropological Video Dissertation

Among The Peoples Of The Haw-keye And Bad-geer Nations

A fascinating and rare glimpse into these simple prarie and northwoods tribal rivals. Fortunately for our eyes, there's no nudity involved.

Very funny stuff.
    Last edited by S2; 10 Mar 11,, 04:15.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Primitive societal customs also extend to graphic ownership displays. Brightly clad (and desirable) nubile females are openly flaunted to the enemy. "Look. See what we own. Are they not desirable? Do you have anything to compare?"

Back and forth, across the field of battle, the two nations display their finest. These images drive the warriors into a frenzy. The implied promise of procreation with the tribe's finest and most fertile fuels their efforts, above and beyond the well-known rewards of fame and power...

Comment

"These images drive the warriors into a frenzy. The implied promise of procreation with the tribe's finest and most fertile fuels their efforts, above and beyond the well-known rewards of fame and power..."

I see you've researched the pagan rewards of these simple peoples, sir. They are base, lowly creatures yet their prizes produce an unusual stirring in my loins.;)

I am satisfied by these ritualistic rites played out each Saturday in the fall season across our lands.

The evolution of taking coup from one's enemies has truly been astounding-

Native American Fighting Styles-INDOPEDIA
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

All kidding aside, I sometimes wonder if the pre-gunpowder fighting styles of primitive peoples evolved so as to actually limit the body count of a conflict, as the tribes couldn't afford wholesale slaughter. A battle might be won purely by display, with the fiercer tribe owning the field based solely upon an excellent and vigorous stamp/clash/shout. Or... we have the battle of champions or kings that decides the whole thing. Everyone else gets to go home and procreate more.

Or a sword and pike melee... was it really as bad as we see it in some hollywod epics? I'm not sure. I sometimes think the lines might meet, there might be a few harsh skirmishes, but the bulk of the armies might not see contact, and the battle is decided when one side loses heart and goes home.

As nation-states grew, they could afford higher body counts. The kings would insist. And then along comes missile weapons to up the ante. No safety to be found by simply holding back a dozen meters. Body count rises.

I don't know, it's just a theory. But why else would the pre-battle displays evolve? Or the notion of "coup"?

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
          All kidding aside, I sometimes wonder if the pre-gunpowder fighting styles of primitive peoples evolved so as to actually limit the body count of a conflict, as the tribes couldn't afford wholesale slaughter. A battle might be won purely by display, with the fiercer tribe owning the field based solely upon an excellent and vigorous stamp/clash/shout. Or... we have the battle of champions or kings that decides the whole thing. Everyone else gets to go home and procreate more.
          The batles between the european tribes were wholesale slaughter , it's one of the reasons Rome won.
          J'ai en marre.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post

Or a sword and pike melee... was it really as bad as we see it in some hollywod epics? I'm not sure. I sometimes think the lines might meet, there might be a few harsh skirmishes, but the bulk of the armies might not see contact, and the battle is decided when one side loses heart and goes home.

As nation-states grew, they could afford higher body counts. The kings would insist. And then along comes missile weapons to up the ante. No safety to be found by simply holding back a dozen meters. Body count rises.

I don't know, it's just a theory. But why else would the pre-battle displays evolve? Or the notion of "coup"?
            To this day tribes in Papau New Guinea have shows of 'strength' by a show of numbers and the odd half-hearted attack but it seems that the tougher looking tribe win.

Comment

What do you think the Maori/Polynesian haka is?

If only that worked in Rugby, the All Blacks would win every single game
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post

Ross..... they pretty well do
                sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post

The War haka (peruperu) the one Pari' does every morning, must have been a frightening thing to witness when Europeans first stepped on their shores. I wonder how many 'welcoming parties' were mowed down due to it's aggressive looking nature

Comment

Posers

I heard about the theory Chogy spoked about and it has it's merits.However,the butchering rate among the Papuans or the Amazonian Indian tribes is still way above any modern conflict ,percentagewise.Internal strife among the community members also ends with violent deaths quite often,at much higher rates than most modern societies anyway(that may depend on the tribe;what I wrote is based on French research among the Yanomano tribe in the Amazon that I read a while back).

There were plenty of cases of armies breaking ranks while facing an imposing show by the other side.But we also know that the greatest amount of killing occured after the ranks broke,during the chase.
                    Those who know don't speak
                    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

do you mean the guys wearing dozens of pounds of protecting gear to play rugby in that video ?
                      I even saw some players tackling others without the ball ... what do they hope to accomplish ? :)
                      J'ai en marre.

Comment

That was no ball.That's a symbol of the more primeval quarry chased by rival tribes.A more graphic example is presented here.Bringing food to the table is what brings those females in droves to the victorious male,so this also is a form of natural selection. YouTube - Buzkashi scene from Rambo III
                        Those who know don't speak
                        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

than how about that tribesmen, they hail QB for short , who trows the food to the others (receivers? )
                          Last edited by 1979; 07 Mar 11,, 20:15.
                          J'ai en marre.

Comment

Working...
                          X