• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USASS Requirements

Prerequisites

* Must be 11B, 11M, 19D, or CMF 18.

* PFC-SFC (Grade waiverable).

* Active duty, or Reserve, or National Guard, must have a good performance record with no history of alcohol, or drug abuse, must be a volunteer and be recommended by his commander.

* Must be in excellent physical condition (70 percent or better in each event of the APFT).

* Must have a corrected vision of 20/20.

* Must not have a record of disciplinary action.

* Must be knowledgeable of skill level 2 tasks.

* Must have a GT score of 100.

* Must have qualified expert with the M16A2/M4 Carbine rifle within six months of course attendance.

* Normal color vision must be annotated on SF 88, tested within six months of course attendance.

* Must have a minimum of one (1) year retainability.

* Must pass psychological evaluation (MMPI/CPI) conducted under the direction of a qualified psychologist.

Upon reporting to the U.S. Army Sniper School, Students are required to have the following:

1. Gillie suit complete.

2. 5 copies of all orders and amendments (NG/USAR 10 Copies)

3. Valid ID card and sets of metal ID tags with chain

4. Unit issued meal card (non-wavrable)

5. DA FORM 2-1 6. DA FORM 2A

7. Medical Records

8. Commanders Recommendation

9. DA form 3822-A

10. SF88 11. Rifle Marksmanship score card

SPECIAL INFO: The following items are also required for the USASS:

* Large Alice pack w/frame, LBE/LBV complete with ammo pouch (2),
    * 1 Qt. canteen (2)
    * first aid pouches, poncho w/poncho liner, water proof bag, (2)
    * cammo stick, calculator, padlocks, (2) (key or Commbo)
    * Clipboard.
    * Five (5) sets of BDUs, T-shirt, and black/green socks (1 set will be rendered unserviceable after training), 2 BDU caps, 2 pair of boots (combat or jungle, one pair will be rendered unserviceable after training)
    * 2 Gray PT uniforms complete with running shoes, seasonal military attire (gortex, polypros, Etc), undergarments, toiletries, etc, as needed
    * 2 ear-plugs w/carrier
    * 1 lensetic compass
    * 2 protractors, pens and mechanical pencils and
    * 1 Boonie Hat and a Ghillie suit.

All students report to the USASS, Building 4882, Harmony church no later than 0800 hours on the reporting day (day prior to the class start date). Students arriving prior to 0800 hours on the class reporting date will report to the SDNCO, 2nd Battalion, 29th Infantry Regiment in building 74 on Main post, Fort Benning.

Bill,

I have to say I am even now more impressed with you. You mean to tell us that you had no idea you were being you were being groomed for sniper school? I know that you were trying to get into Ranger course but to exceed those reqs and qualify for sniper school without knowing about it. I am impressed.

Comment

I honestly had no idea until my Company commander uttered the words, "We have a slot for sniper school, are you interested?"

I was in his office trying to use my 292 APFT score(97%) as leverage to earn a trip to Jump School. Sniper School wasn't even a part of my thought process- until the moment he mentioned it.

Thank you for the kind words Sir. Means a lot, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
        Bill,

I have to say I am even now more impressed with you. You mean to tell us that you had no idea you were being you were being groomed for sniper school? I know that you were trying to get into Ranger course but to exceed those reqs and qualify for sniper school without knowing about it. I am impressed.
        Snipe: You're name's Bill?

Comment

So it would seem. ;)

Comment

If you want to know more about me, then go ahead and ask questions; I'm not afraid.
            I trust that all of you are not crazy sickos.

Oooo, pretty thunder outside. I love thunderstorms.

Comment

Working...
            X