Indian Mca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Mca

Any One Know Anything About The Medium Combat Aircraft(mca)
    Being Devoloped By India

What do you want to know? There is very little info about it. It is projected to be the replacement for the Jaguar and Mirage 2000, is supposed to be a tailless twin engine design using a Kaveiri-2 engine with TVC, no afterburners, no supercruise, and a cranked delta wing based on the LCA.
    Concept studies on the twin-engined Medium Combat Aircraft (MCA) have been under way for some time. It is a stealth aircraft optimised for the ground attack role. About the only components common with the LCA will be part of the wing, the Kaveri engine, and some systems and subsystems.

"The LCA wing gives good performance, we understand its aerodynamics well, and would like to retain it for the MCA," says Dr. Harinarayana. It will operate at a much higher wing loading than that of the LCA. The MCA will be in the 12 ton clean weight class, with a maximum take-off weight of about 18 ton. With the emphasis on stealth, the MCA will have two small, outward-canted fins. For stealth reasons, the Kaveri engines will be without afterburners. They will have a slightly higher dry thrust than the LCA engine. These engines will also have thrust-vectoring nozzles for manoeuvring. A super cruise capability is not being sought for the MCA. The MCA will use the radar-absorbent material to reduce RCS.

Also for stealth reasons, external fuel tanks will be mounted above the wings, as is being considered for the LCA. Stores will be carried externally, however, possibly conformally under the wing & fuselage, and will therefore increase radar cross section until released. If all goes well, the LCA and the MCA, along with the indigenously developed Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH), which is approaching certification, will put India on the map as a major aerospace manufacturing country.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/In...craft/LCA.html
    Here is the concept drawing from HAL:
    Attached Files
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

with the indians participating n PAK-FA i doubt indians will be interested in putting MCA idea into practice.

Comment

I think the mission roles of the PAK-FA and the MCA are different. The PAK-FA is said to challenge the F-35 (but some say its for challenging the F-22) while the MCA is more of a stealthy and more powerful version of the LCA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rani Lakshmibai
          I think the mission roles of the PAK-FA and the MCA are different. The PAK-FA is said to challenge the F-35 (but some say its for challenging the F-22) while the MCA is more of a stealthy and more powerful version of the LCA.
          this post of urs states that the roles are different but forgets to mention the roles. Competing with F22/F35 or being the more powerful version of LCA isnt the role IAF or our defence planners would be interested in before investing billions into the projects. Please be more particular about the roles of the two and how we need both/MCA.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
            this post of urs states that the roles are different but forgets to mention the roles. Competing with F22/F35 or being the more powerful version of LCA isnt the role IAF or our defence planners would be interested in before investing billions into the projects. Please be more particular about the roles of the two and how we need both/MCA.

From the article above, "Concept studies on the twin-engined Medium Combat Aircraft (MCA) have been under way for some time. It is a stealth aircraft optimised for the ground attack role. About the only components common with the LCA will be part of the wing, the Kaveri engine, and some systems and subsystems."

It says that the MCA is primarily an advanced, twin engined version of the LCA, that is designed to be stealthy GROUND ATTACK AIRCRAFT. But I don't think that the MCA is structural stealth like the F-22, which is an air-superiority fighter. But I looked into it again, and what I thought was wrong, the F-35 is also a strike fighter like the MCA.

And the PAK-FA is said to have the same mission objectives as the F-35 JSF. I thought that it was supposed to be a challenger to the F-22. Blast it all! Where is our reply to the F-22? But the MCA and PAK-FA are mission overlaps aren't they? So, maybe you are right, the MCA will be dropped. Though I doubt that, because the objective of the Indian military is to be self-sufficient (and developing stuff with Russia is not self-sufficient enough :)) Plus the fact that we need experience building aircraft ourselves instead of only partially.

Comment

why do we need a reply to F22 or for that matter F-35??

FYI..India build/buy fighters based on their force projections not to compete with other countries.
              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

And I think you are on crack if you think India's domestic industry is going to produce an F-22 alike within the next 15 years.

Comment

Its probably a scrapped project, by now.

Comment

Well, the F-22 is slated to be in use until 2050. In accordance with my beliefs that America is a long term threat to India, we had better come up with something that can counter those F-22's because we cannot say with certainity that the US will not be hostile to us at some point in the next 45 years.

I would say that it is more than probable that they will be hostile to us because of India's rapidly growing economy. More economic strength means more military and political strength and America is not going to stand by and watch while India takes over its role (at least the good bits) in the world (nor China either).

So yes, it would be a good idea to come up with something that can counter the F-22 because it is more than likely that America will a major enemy.

<<And I think you are on crack if you think India's domestic industry is going to produce an F-22 alike within the next 15 years.>>

Are you Indian? With a comment like that, probably not. At any rate, India was planning on working with the Russians to build the fighter so yes, it is possible if improbable.

Comment

The MCA is most definitely a 'deep strike' penetration stealth fighter which
                      the IAF is keeping mum about. Owing to its small size, radar absorbent paint
                      and tailless geometrical properties it would go quite undetectable into enemy terrority as a stealth bomber. Should the IAF decide to develop plasma generators weighing around 220lb (100kg), suitable for installation on a tactical fighter aircraft such as the MCA, it might just be as stealthy as the F-22. Russia has already tested the plasma stealth technology on models and on real aircraft, with the Su-32/34 strike fighter believed to be the first combat aircraft to incorporate the system in its airframe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rani Lakshmibai
                        Well, the F-22 is slated to be in use until 2050. In accordance with my beliefs that America is a long term threat to India, we had better come up with something that can counter those F-22's because we cannot say with certainity that the US will not be hostile to us at some point in the next 45 years.

I would say that it is more than probable that they will be hostile to us because of India's rapidly growing economy. More economic strength means more military and political strength and America is not going to stand by and watch while India takes over its role (at least the good bits) in the world (nor China either).

So yes, it would be a good idea to come up with something that can counter the F-22 because it is more than likely that America will a major enemy.

<<And I think you are on crack if you think India's domestic industry is going to produce an F-22 alike within the next 15 years.>>

Are you Indian? With a comment like that, probably not. At any rate, India was planning on working with the Russians to build the fighter so yes, it is possible if improbable.

u r too childish man .what u say abt 2050, it will not before 2100 before china can compete against US & India after 25-30 yrs after that. but that doesn't mean we should not invest in MCA & jt indo-russian 5 gen fighter.that will be good in the long term
                        Last edited by indianguy4u; 21 May 05,, 11:28.
                        Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Can MCA be develop some thing along the lines of EF 2000, Rafale & JSF F-35. this is the weak point in our AF we don't have a plane in this segment . Also we should bring in BAE,Rolls Royce, Marconi of UK & russians than french . Also the israelis in this venture
                          Hala Madrid!!

Comment

Unfortunately, some analysts say that China's economy will be larger than America's by 2050 and India's about the same as America's. Others say that it will be 2100. The fact remains that the future is highly unpredictable.

And who we fight and with whom and when is very difficult to predict. The only way we can be sure of India's safety is to have these capabilities right now. That is why we should be ready. But it is a safe bet that India is gonna have to fight someone or another, sooner or later, but it is better to prepare for the worst - i.e. having to fight America.

And what is with the Anti-Muslim words in your whatchamacallit? Yeah the whole issue is confused and religion makes people go emotional instead of rational. Treating Muslims badly is not just treating muslims badly, it's treating Indians badly.

Comment

Rani lakshmibai,
                              even if china's economy will be larger than US in 2050(say) , eventhen they will be hardpressed to match US spending in defence .So to say just by bigger eco china will be bigger military power u r daydreaming . U discount the fact that china is relative poorly dveloped in the hinterland , While US u will know better.Ppl o0f china will rise if they don't get benefits of developments .So chinese will have their handsfull internally

Comment

Working...
                              X