Impact of Arab Revolutions on Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of Arab Revolutions on Israel

There is Arab unity. Unity against the Oppressors ... and Israel made peace with the Oppressors.

Just make peace with whoever comes to power, as long as they were not actively supporting the oppressors, no one would mind.

Comment

This is a crisis - dangerous opportunity. I believe Israel will be able to come to a mutual understanding with the revolutionary forces sweeping the Arabic world - after all, they all wish for democracy, human rights, and freedom.
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

This a revolution. THERE IS NO ONE IN CHARGE. Revolutionaries never remember their friends but always their enemies. Israel was Iran`s ally during the Iran-Iraq War.

Comment

Yeah, I never found a most racist people than the "Arabs", though I've never been in China.

First of all, Israel never had anyone but Opressors to make deals with.

Second, the deal by which Israel gave the Sinai to Egypt in exchange for a piece of paper is not "peace".
          L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux

Comment

Originally posted by Castellano View Post
            Yeah, I never found a most racist people than the "Arabs", though I've never been in China.

First of all, Israel never had anyone but Opressors to make deals with.

Second, the deal by which Israel gave the Sinai to Egypt in exchange for a piece of paper is not "peace".
            The Arab governments use the issue of Israel to oppress their own people. A tiny sliver of land, drawn out to be the hook-nosed Proctols of the Elders of Zion - it is the current leadership in the Arab/Islamic world that has perpetuated the dangerous myth of Zionist conspiracies to secure their own power over their people.

Time to throw the perpetuators of these dangerous falsehoods out so democracy, freedom, and human rights can emerge in the Arab world and a true peace with Israel can be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
              Time to throw the perpetuators of these dangerous falsehoods out so democracy, freedom, and human rights can emerge in the Arab world and a true peace with Israel can be found.
              EXACTLY what I think, and wish for.
              L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux

Comment

Originally posted by Castellano View Post
                EXACTLY what I think, and wish for.
                Mubarak should be hung up like Mussolini as far as I'm concerned - if he flees the country to avoid the rope and save Egypt any more trouble - he can live in Switzerland with what little life he has left.

The noose is tightening around his neck - I'd love to watch him drop. Time to get the Saddam Hussein treatment.

Where is Egypt's Juan Carlos?

Time for the revolution to spread to Arabia. Hang those princes from some date palms. Get the Indian and Pakistani boys they kidnapped and enslaved to get out their racecamels to trample them down. Have some of the eastern European women they kidnapped and enslaved slip some poison in their whiskey or stab them in coitus.

With a few exceptions (King Mohammed of Morocco) - most of these kings and princes (the Arab world is monarchic, de facto) do not practice the religion they claim - their claim is false. They use it as a weapon against their own people, and use it to brainwash their populace that Israel is their enemy (it is definitely not).

I'd love to see these corrupt tyrants get the same treatment they have inflicted on millions of their own people.

I'm rubbing my hands in glee. :) I wanna see some necks break.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                  I couldn't agree more.

However, I always doubt how you can make people understand democracy and human rights when their entire experience is build on something else.

On the one hand, I am hopeful because in the case of Tunisia and now Egypt, the people are the ones demanding reforms (and not imposed to them by an outsider). On the other hand, I am not so sure that people born and raised and living under a different regime can actually adopt the principles and enforce a pure democracy. There is always the danger of misinterpreting democracy for anarchy or just swapping the head honcho with another power-monger and opperssive regime.

Comment

What you seem to miss while rubbing the hands with glee is that there is no need for the Arab regimes to struggle to hard to brainwash the people.The desire to remove the governments can coexist with the antipathy towards Israel.Human rights,democracy are just political ideologies.Arab honour however was tarnished by the defeats.The Israelis have beaten the (still) ruling elites because they were too dumb to shoot straight(and what's vital in this ecuation is that masses think so).Those defeats will be considered just another sin of the oppresor class.
                    Those who know don't speak
                    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Rastagir View Post
                      I couldn't agree more.

However, I always doubt how you can make people understand democracy and human rights when their entire experience is build on something else.

On the one hand, I am hopeful because in the case of Tunisia and now Egypt, the people are the ones demanding reforms (and not imposed to them by an outsider). On the other hand, I am not so sure that people born and raised and living under a different regime can actually adopt the principles and enforce a pure democracy. There is always the danger of misinterpreting democracy for anarchy or just swapping the head honcho with another power-monger and opperssive regime.

I'll tell you bluntly.They can't.You need some sort of middle class,educated ,INTERESTED and ACTIVE in politics.Otherwise the democracy is just an empty suit.The poor are only good for being corrupted during elections or ignored in the rest.The rich can easily turn into an oligarchy.You don't build democracy over night.It takes decades.During those decades you need dedicated elites that work towards the education of the public. That's why elections per se solve nothing.It takes only 1 or 2 electoral cycles to work around the system,unless there is real substance among the electorate.

Btw,the Arab revolutions,just like the French or the Bolsheviks before them,are very prone to export.And we have yet to figure who will win the internal struggle between the various factions among the (supposed) victorious revolutionaries.That fight is a given.
                      Last edited by Mihais; 29 Jan 11,, 09:50.
                      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

"...Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss..." Pete Townshend 1971
                        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

The Israelis aren't exactly very high on the list of allies to the regimes', sir.

Heck, I think they even come after China and Italy of all people.

Comment

Ironduke Reply

You've gone off half-cocked all night on this "vanguard of the revolution" thingy. Whole new board. Twenty threads or so. Mobilize the internet. Still, as Mihais has pointed out, this is a dangerous situation for everybody concerned and the potential for manipulation is sky-high.

It is spontaneous and there's a boatload of energy out on the streets but one look at Lebanon or, better, Iran tells me as soon as the old guard have been tossed we're going to have a whole bunch of mighty pissed-off semi-literates looking conspiracies ahatchin' everywhere while blaming FOREIGNERS for all their ills.

And ills there'll continue to be. Ain't no magic wand that'll be waved to turn their hovels into some oasis paradise. And no patience for the determined long-term march of a thousand miles to get there from here.
                            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Skywatcher,only for public consumption.Of course they don't really care about the Israeli or,for that matter,the Palestinians.But here's some food for thought.All of them worked with the Israelis to suppress the ''freedom fighters''.We call those fundamentalists.Of course such things are not solved in the bazaar for everyone to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X