I want this gun (give me money)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want this gun (give me money)

I found this gun and it is just totally irresistable.

M1A Socom 16/ EBR (All new and unfired)
    Springfield Arms Socom 16 Rifle and SAGE EBR Stock

* All New
    * Hard to find Grey Chop Mod Stock
    * (2) 20rd magazines.
    * (1) 10rd magazine.
    * Top, Bottom & Side Rails
    * Bottom Hand Guard
    * Front & Rear Sling Plates
    $2195 +S/H to your FFL ***Aimpoint Scope pictured not included in price.

I only got $30 right now.
    Maybe you could give me money to buy this ;)

Just so you know, this IS a joke. But be happy to give all the money all you want

What caliber is it?
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Thats actually the cheapest i've seen one for. This is the same one I posted as the MK 14 Mod 0 thread. A SOCOM M1A is about $1650. the Sage stock $699. and you need a sage oprod to function. price unknown. Fulton Armory builds theirs for 3 grand!

Very cool, though.
      Rule 303

Comment

SPAS-12 meets M-14?

LOL...bizarre.

Comment

Well, you all know how I feel about .308's in shortened barrels. ;)
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

M1A SOCOM, gamers think it’s cool. I didn’t think much of it. 7.62NATO out of a shortened, lightened MBR? About like the M1 tanker Garand idea Springfield tried. I’ve heard rumors that the SOCOM actually works OK and they tamed the muzzle climb back to normal. They should throw in the Aimpoint just to give you something useful. $2200?!?! Sounds like the $1250 CETME in the estate sale.
            AK-Dave

Those who trade liberty for security have none.

Comment

"Well, you all know how I feel about .308's in shortened barrels. "

Would you change your mind if you loaded underpowerd .308's?

Comment

Really, what is a 'short barrel'?

By WWI standards, a full sized M-14 is no more than a carbine. Surely as bbl length is shortened ballistic performance is compromised(for any caliber), however, the weapon becomes lighter and more compact.

Like all things, it's a trade-off.

Comment

Well, you could use a short barrel and get similar power IF you somehow made a quicker-burning powder. You would also need to rework the whole internal system, but whatever.
                  But that still doesn't make up for the lost accuracy.

Oh well. Another idea down the drain.

Anyways, could you possibly put a longer barrel in this gun without handing-over $500 to a gunsmith?

Comment

A Matchgrade M-14/M-1A barrel alone probably costs $500.00...or more, not including labor and fitting.

Comment

It's not accuracy or power that I'm concerned about, it's loudness. ;)

Comment

LOL, that's what God made hearing protection for. ;)

Seriously, compared to the muzzle blast and db level of some of the squad level weapons a typical infantryman will handle, a short bbl 7.62 rifle is not at the top of the list of ear offenders...let alone heavy weapons.

Comment

...claymores... eeehh.
                          SWANSEA 'TILL I DIE! - CARN THE CROWS!

Rule Britannia, No Surrender

Staff Cadet in the Australian Army Reserve.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

The JUN05 American Rifleman has the SOCOM II in the Father’s Day gift guide on page 24. If we’re going that route, I’ll take a Model 82A1 instead.
                            AK-Dave

Those who trade liberty for security have none.

Comment

F that, i've had the displeasure of humping an M-82 before, don't wish that on yourself bro.

Now if it came with a retractable pintle mount for the moon roof of my 928.... :)

Comment

Working...
                              X