PDA

View Full Version : WAB display problem?

Ken_NJ
07 Jan 11,, 04:27
On both my Mac and XP computers, WAB is displaying compressed somewhat horizontally. Under the search box you can see some of the text overlapping. And the WAB window has alot of space on either side. Anyone else seeing this?

USSWisconsin
07 Jan 11,, 04:31
yes I see it too

Ironduke
07 Jan 11,, 04:48
Two factors:

the navigation bar has too much stuff on it (needs to be fixed)
your monitor may be too small (also probably needs to be fixed ;))

Ken_NJ
07 Jan 11,, 04:58
Two factors:

the navigation bar has too much stuff on it (needs to be fixed)

Until a few days ago the visible width of the board itself was wider and the text in the nav bar was OK and I suspect nothing has been added.

Two factors:

your monitor may be too small (also probably needs to be fixed ;))

I dooooon't think soooo. :biggrin:

On the screenshot below, the width of the board itself is narrower than it was a few days ago.

Ironduke
07 Jan 11,, 05:05
Let me know if the issue is fixed.

ArmchairGeneral
07 Jan 11,, 05:16
Come to think of it, I think I remember the same thing. There's a lot of blank space on either side in my browser window now, don't think it was there before. The notification at the very top of the page about the changes being made to the WAB is gone too, but maybe that's intentional?

Ironduke
07 Jan 11,, 05:18
Come to think of it, I think I remember the same thing. There's a lot of blank space on either side in my browser window now, don't think it was there before. The notification at the very top of the page about the changes being made to the WAB is gone too, but maybe that's intentional?
Full screenshots please (from everybody).

Remember, this is a tech issue. Need exact, specific information to proceed.

I can't pinpoint an issue otherwise.

Ironduke
07 Jan 11,, 05:22
Keep in mind, I'm working on a live forum here. Green wire, red wire, kaboom! (sometimes) ;)

Ken_NJ
07 Jan 11,, 05:29
It's fixed!!! Now it takes up the entire window width! Yea, nice job Ironduke!

ArmchairGeneral
07 Jan 11,, 05:33
Here 'tis.

Ironduke
I've fixed the forum width to 1020px maximum, scaling down to 650px depending on screen resolution.

I'm going to create a full-screen version of WAB for those who want the whole thing to show up.

Ken_NJ
This was a screenshot that I was working on before the site was fixed. Just showing what I was seeing.

Ironduke
Need specific feedback on the current format before proceeding with full-width version.

BadKharma
Full screenshots please (from everybody).

Remember, this is a tech issue. Need exact, specific information to proceed.

I can't pinpoint an issue otherwise.
2 problems, 1 is graphic the other is in the code for the background size I beleive, I would have to log in on my server and check the exact css code that is off, it has to do with how the css is handled.

ArmchairGeneral
07 Jan 11,, 05:34
It's fixed!!! Now it takes up the entire window width! Yea, nice job Ironduke!

What he said.

BadKharma
07 Jan 11,, 05:35
What he said.
The css code is fixed, no longer set to fixed width the graphic error is still there.

Ken_NJ
07 Jan 11,, 05:37
I am on a MacBook Pro 13" and XP laptop. Both are about 1280 width. Both computer's are displaying the WAB the full width of the available window in Firefox. Looking good.

Ken_NJ
07 Jan 11,, 05:40
the graphic error is still there.

Not sure what the graphic error is. Everything looks fine to me.

BadKharma
07 Jan 11,, 05:41
Unless you want the over or "hot" image always showing.

bolo121
07 Jan 11,, 05:44
Another Thing I've been noticing is that for long multi page threads, the icons at the end tend to overlap the page numbers.23406

ArmchairGeneral
07 Jan 11,, 05:46
The css code is fixed, no longer set to fixed width the graphic error is still there.

Where's the graphics error you're talking about?

I do notice it's just a wee bit too wide for my screen, the search button is only partially showing, but it's still accessible. Way better than before, and nothing I'd be inclined to complain about.

Ken_NJ
07 Jan 11,, 05:47
Unless you want the over or "hot" image always showing.

Uhhhh, ????

BadKharma
07 Jan 11,, 05:47
The Forum and Whats New buttons are set to always show the hot image or activated.

3 states............not active
hot "mouse over"
pressed or activated it looks kind of off.

Ironduke
07 Jan 11,, 05:49
Full screen option:

ArmchairGeneral
07 Jan 11,, 05:53
Uhhhh, ????

What he said, again. :biggrin:

The Forum and Whats New buttons are set to always show the hot image or activated.

Ahh, I think I get you. Gray instead of blue? It's only the Forum button that's like that for me.

ArmchairGeneral
07 Jan 11,, 05:54
I'm liking the full screen version. Not too narrow, not too wide. Goldilocks would approve.

BadKharma
07 Jan 11,, 05:55
What he said, again. :biggrin:

Ahh, I think I get you. Gray instead of blue? It's only the Forum button that's like that for me.

The grey is not bad but the bar over it looks aukward.

Ironduke
07 Jan 11,, 05:58
OK... is this now a gift list request, or real issues? ;)

Ken_NJ
07 Jan 11,, 05:58
Oh I see, the Forum tab is highlighted, when I click on Whats New it toggles and the Whats new tab is highlighted. That seems fine to me.

No more issues here. Everything seems fine to me. Cosmetic issues I have no complaints.

Thanks guys for fixing it so quickly! Did a great job! Glad it was not FUBAR!

BadKharma
07 Jan 11,, 05:59
OK... is this now a gift list request, or real issues? ;)
LOL, if you want I could make some graphics for you to use. I can even test it on my server before sending you a zip.

Ironduke
07 Jan 11,, 06:08
LOL, if you want I could make some graphics for you to use. I can even test it on my server before sending you a zip.
Got lots of work to do before getting to graphics. ;) More about functionality at this point.

BadKharma
07 Jan 11,, 06:10
No problem, btw I checked the site in 4 different browsers but only posted one.

Pak Nationalist
09 Jan 11,, 15:02
Where are all the flags?

Julie
09 Jan 11,, 15:07
Where are all the flags?Good question, but an Admin would have to answer that.

T_igger_cs_30
09 Jan 11,, 17:06
Hate to be a bore , but today I seem to be having proplems with the "file download manager", cannot download anything and also, the display is out of sync, on the right side ........

Ironduke
09 Jan 11,, 17:33
Hate to be a bore , but today I seem to be having proplems with the "file download manager", cannot download anything and also, the display is out of sync, on the right side ........
Tigger,

If you could provide a screenshot please.

Thanks, Matt

T_igger_cs_30
09 Jan 11,, 17:51
Tigger,

If you could provide a screenshot please.

Thanks, Matt

Ok showing my level now, new laptop, windows 7, cannot seem to save a screenshot. Any tips?

ArmchairGeneral
09 Jan 11,, 18:12
Ok showing my level now, new laptop, windows 7, cannot seem to save a screenshot. Any tips?

Here ya go. :biggrin:

Let me google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/3y69ltq)

T_igger_cs_30
09 Jan 11,, 18:25
Here ya go. :biggrin:

Let me google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/3y69ltq)

Very funny?............... so I take it you dont know either:biggrin:

T_igger_cs_30
09 Jan 11,, 18:50
:banana:............ found the dam tool, was not where it was supposed to be.......here you go Matt.......Even when opened to full screen same image.

ArmchairGeneral
09 Jan 11,, 19:07
Very funny?............... so I take it you dont know either:biggrin:

The link takes you to instructions on how to save a screenshot in Windows 7. Just use Alt Prnt Scrn.

T_igger_cs_30
09 Jan 11,, 20:00
The link takes you to instructions on how to save a screenshot in Windows 7. Just use Alt Prnt Scrn.

:biggrin: I know my sarcasm due to my frustration was wasted :biggrin:.....as you can see above I found the tool :madder: which was not for some reason in my files..........anyway all done now screenshot posted for Matt.

Ironduke
09 Jan 11,, 21:41
Where are all the flags?
That will be fixed in the coming days.