Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congress wants an explanation

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/05/11...emo/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Eighty-nine Democratic members of the U.S. Congress last week sent President George W. Bush a letter asking for explanation of a secret British memo that said "intelligence and facts were being fixed" to support the Iraq war in mid-2002.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the minutes of a meeting that played a big role in Labour losing 100 seats in the last election.
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of the government by an individual, by a group or any controlling private power."
    -- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I am shocked.

Shocked, that is, that 89 Democrats actually know how to write. :)

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodan
      http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/05/11...emo/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Eighty-nine Democratic members of the U.S. Congress last week sent President George W. Bush a letter asking for explanation of a secret British memo that said "intelligence and facts were being fixed" to support the Iraq war in mid-2002.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the minutes of a meeting that played a big role in Labour losing 100 seats in the last election.
      Must be a slow news day to bring up old news. We must have paid off the Jordanians and Saudis, too, since their assessment was that Hussein had WMDs.
      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by shek
        Must be a slow news day to bring up old news. We must have paid off the Jordanians and Saudis, too, since their assessment was that Hussein had WMDs.
        And the French.

Comment

So a British paper publishes a British memo, and the Dems wants an explanation from the US President?? That makes a lot of sense...
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Rhodan is just in denial that his parties message was so thoroughly rejected in the last election.

It takes a while guys....

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
              And the French.
              Well, Saddam did have the French, but that is more like a Weapon of Mass Surrender...
              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

response

I am shocked also but for a different reason than dale.

I am shocked that the consensus of this group is that the wool was not pulled over their eyes.

I am not surprised at all that certain facts were twisted and miss interpreted to support a war that was unnecessary and unjustified.

The tie of Saddam to terrorism was weaker than Bill Clinton’s sexual self-control.

and of course there were never the types or levels of WMD that the administration (per war) claimed there were.

I could have told you, and I did tell others, that before G.W. bush was elected the first time, that if he were to be elected that he would have Saddam captured or killed. Well, I was right but I never figured that he would use the Lives of thousands of US soldiers to do so.

Looking back it does make sense to use a war and take control of Iraq cus I am sure the Jews and Saudis did not want a leaderless state next to then.
                "In the beginning it is always dark"

Comment

Swell. 'Nother moonbat.

Welcome aboard, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DeJay79
                    I am shocked also but for a different reason than dale.

I am shocked that the consensus of this group is that the wool was not pulled over their eyes.
                    Because we're grownups. We're harder to fool. And the only people pulling wool over anyone's eyes are people like yourself who see all these secondary and tertiary motives.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by DeJay79
                      Saddam was a tyrant, that's all I needed to know. I also require hard evidence to prove the wool pulling before I believe it's true...
                      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Anyone who didn't view Saddam as a long term threat to world stability needs to have a cerebral enema.

Why is it that trolls and leftists are almost indistinguishable? :)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                          Why is it that trolls and leftists are almost indistinguishable? :)
                          Its because the definition depends on the people that moderate this board.

Comment

Originally posted by barrowaj
                            Hard right people have been banned here too, not that many people, left or right, have been banned actually.
                            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by barrowaj
                              Actually it's been my experience over the last few years that the stereotypical internet Lefty/Liberal is a poor thinker - long on outrage but short on facts and reasoning ability. Must be the medium. Most of my Lefty/Liberal friends are excellent debaters and quite intelligent.

-dale

Comment

Working...
                              X