PDA

View Full Version : bigross86: Another Cook in the Kitchen

Shek
03 Jan 11,, 20:15
Someone’s got to make all those butter cookies to serve with the Colonel’s scotch, and after the holidays, we’re running low on both. Therefore, it is my pleasure to introduce latest purveyor that has been added to the team:

bigross86

Please join me in giving him a hand as he fumbles with the apron and rolling pin . . .

Albany Rifles
03 Jan 11,, 20:26
Get to baking!

Congrats Ben

S2
03 Jan 11,, 20:26
My congratulations to yet another young tankie....errr, tanker. Them damned Brits.

In any case, go get 'em, Ben. The kitchen awaits.;)

Tarek Morgen
03 Jan 11,, 20:44
Congratulations! Though I do have to admit that I am running out of witty things to say in these threads *g*

Officer of Engineers
03 Jan 11,, 20:50
Wait a minute. Isn't cleaning the bathroom the first duty? Or has Tarek being permenant assigned to that?

Tarek Morgen
03 Jan 11,, 20:53
cleaning the bathroom? I've been on the pot this whole time! Got a lot of reading done.

Blademaster
03 Jan 11,, 21:01
cleaning the bathroom? I've been on the pot this whole time! Got a lot of reading done.

Good Lord. :eek: Ok then you need to supply BR with a hazmat suit.

BD1
03 Jan 11,, 21:29
does BR now do the sammiches too? anyway, congrats.

Julie
03 Jan 11,, 21:56
Thank GAWD I now have help in the kitchen !!! :biggrin: Way to go BR !!!

bigross86
03 Jan 11,, 23:00
Thankx to the staff for selecting me and all the well wishers for, well, the wishes...

I've been here since I was 16 or so, and I'll daresay I'm one of the youngest steady posters here on the board. WAB has done much to shape my outlook on life and I don't hesitate asking the folks here for advice when I need it.

Yeah, enough with the mushiness. Julie, step aside, go take a bit of a break, see if you can get your leather back from Zraver. First up we have an order of wings, after which we're gonna have some sweet chili chicken and potatoes, with some sliced roast beef and turkey for anyone that wants themselves a sammich. Just a word, if I'm cooking, I'm not cleaning up afterward.

Hmmm, I wonder how Yellowbelly is gonna react when he sees this... :banana:

Julie
03 Jan 11,, 23:33
Thankx to the staff for selecting me and all the well wishers for, well, the wishes...

I've been here since I was 16 or so, and I'll daresay I'm one of the youngest steady posters here on the board. WAB has done much to shape my outlook on life and I don't hesitate asking the folks here for advice when I need it.You certainly have.

Yeah, enough with the mushiness. Julie, step aside, go take a bit of a break, see if you can get your leather back from Zraver. First up we have an order of wings, after which we're gonna have some sweet chili chicken and potatoes, with some sliced roast beef and turkey for anyone that wants themselves a sammich. Just a word, if I'm cooking, I'm not cleaning up afterward.Oh, yummy !!! I'll clean-up if you cook. Oh hey, did you try my wing recipe yet?

Hmmm, I wonder how Yellowbelly is gonna react when he sees this... :banana:I was wondering the same thing. Where is he anyway?

Ironduke
03 Jan 11,, 23:45
Please welcome bigross86 as a Military Moderator on the World Affairs Board.

His promotion completes the moderation team of the Military Command, a team an administrator and three moderators who have primary responsibility over the Military Affairs & Equipment Discussion category, and secondary responsibility over the International Defense & Geopolitics category. Now all that's left is to find the right candidate for the role of Military Administrator.

Ben (or as I prefer, Big Ross) adds a unique quality to the WAB Staff - his service and experience with the Israeli Defence Force. He also will help to provide coverage in a time area we are currently lacking -- the Middle East and Eastern Europe area, helping bridge to bridge the gap between Tarek Morgen aus Deutschland with Parihaka in Nieuw Zeeland.

The man is willing, and definitely able to perform the task we have asked of him. So again, a warm welcome for Big Ross.

-Ironduke

zraver
03 Jan 11,, 23:49
congrats BR.

bigross86
03 Jan 11,, 23:56
Oh, yummy !!! I'll clean-up if you cook. Oh hey, did you try my wing recipe yet?

Not yet. Apparently some pepople in my family have a problem with deep frying stuff. Cowards...

I was wondering the same thing. Where is he anyway?

I dropped him a PM a while back, he said he was quite busy but hoped to pop in a little after New Years. Well, it's a little after New Years. I'm waiting...

Julie
04 Jan 11,, 01:20
Not yet. Apparently some pepople in my family have a problem with deep frying stuff. Cowards...Wow...I'm speechless to that.

I dropped him a PM a while back, he said he was quite busy but hoped to pop in a little after New Years. Well, it's a little after New Years. I'm waiting...I'll send him one.....

USSWisconsin
04 Jan 11,, 03:59
Ben,
I love to grow cooking herbs and use them, I am looking forward to your new role. Congrats!
I think those wings may need some rosemary and thyme, finely chopped shallots and perhaps a pinch or two of cayenne pepper...
Best of luck with your new endeaver.

Bigfella
04 Jan 11,, 09:01
Well done Ben.

04 Jan 11,, 09:41
Congratulations Ben.
No japanese cartoons from me this time ,
unless you want to ,that is... ;)

Julie
04 Jan 11,, 19:13
Ben,
I love to grow cooking herbs and use them, I am looking forward to your new role. Congrats!
I think those wings may need some rosemary and thyme, finely chopped shallots and perhaps a pinch or two of cayenne pepper...
Best of luck with your new endeaver.Well well, you sound pretty crafty in the kitchen. I bet you have some recipes to share. There was a thread made for that btw.

Debbie
11 Jan 11,, 08:20
Very nice.

Ray
04 Feb 11,, 21:02
A good choice.

congrats BigRoss.

bigross86
04 Feb 11,, 21:06
Cheers, Ray!

dave lukins
05 Feb 11,, 11:55