Chicken Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Wings

Every year my friends and I hold a chicken wing festival. After we've had Attack of the Wings, and Return of the Wings, this year we will be holding Wingstock. The purpose of Wingstock, as every year, is to enjoy good chicken wings, but to outshine everyone else with an awesome chicken wing marinade.

I've got a couple ideas for this year, including a white wine and and ground onion marinade, but I also want to hear your guys' most awesome chicken wing recipes.

I'll start it off with one of my favorites, usually for about 18-24 wings:
    3 tablespoons tomato paste.
    Drop of vinegar
    Splash of red wine.
    1 finely diced small onion
    2 finely diced cloves of garlic
    Dash of BBQ/A1 sauce
    Dash of Sweet Chili Sauce
    Paprika, Seasoned Salt, Pepper, Mixed Herbs to taste.

It's very vague, since it all depends on how many wings, and what taste I'm looking for, but using those base ingredients I've made a couple awesome marinades, if I do say so myself...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Drop wings in deep fryer (NOT floured) at 350 degrees until they float to top. Place on baking pan and brush with sweet baby ray's barbeque sauce and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. These are why everyone comes to MY house during football games.

Comment

Hmmm, that sounds really good.

I wonder, can that be adapted to BBQ? I forgot to mention before that Wingstock is a BBQ event
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Jeez... Now we're becoming a gourmet site. Maybe fried wings warrant a thread unto themselves, or maybe we ought to start a thread for favorite recipes...you know, like we have for jokes, photos and random chat. BTW, do you have a good recipe for meatloaf?
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          Hmmm, that sounds really good.

I wonder, can that be adapted to BBQ? I forgot to mention before that Wingstock is a BBQ event
          They are BBQ'd. Sweet Baby Ray's sauce IS BBQ sauce....so your're covered.

Or, use your favorite BBQ sauce to brush on the wings before placing them in the oven.
          Last edited by Julie; 05 Dec 10,, 19:58.

Comment

Julie, I meant more can we take the oven out of the equation and grill them on a BBQ instead? Either way, I'm gonna be trying out those wings next week.

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
              Jeez... Now we're becoming a gourmet site. Maybe fried wings warrant a thread unto themselves, or maybe we ought to start a thread for favorite recipes...you know, like we have for jokes, photos and random chat. BTW, do you have a good recipe for meatloaf?
              Dude, what do you think this is? :hmmm:

Actually, I was kinda surprised that we didn't have a recipes thread or anything like that. Not to take away from the serious parts of the forum, all the politics, military technology, SWSNBN, etc... but we could have a recipes thread for manly stuff, like chicken wings, lamb chops, ribs, etc...
              Last edited by bigross86; 05 Dec 10,, 21:23.

Comment

Julie, I meant more can we take the oven out of the equation and grill them on a BBQ instead?
                Don't see why not so long as you turn them at regular intervals.as the heat just comes from one direction with the BBQ.

In an oven its set the timer and wait for the ding

Comment

Julie, I meant more can we take the oven out of the equation and grill them on a BBQ instead? Either way, I'm gonna be trying out those wings next week.
                  Yes you could, but it takes alot more time, and to me, wings cooked on a grill are tough and not as tender. I have a huge basket fryer so I am able to cook lots of wings in a short period of time, brush various sauces on them, then shove them in the oven. I even do sweet and sour, and teriyaki on some for a variety, before putting them in the oven. They are really yummy.

Comment

BTW, do you have a good recipe for meatloaf?
                    I am not a fan of meatloaf, so I never cook it, and have no recipes for that. Sorry.

Comment

Chicken wings? All bone and skin so there is no point to them. Breast and legs are more to my liking.
                      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

BTW, do you have a good recipe for meatloaf?
                        Originally posted by Julie View Post
                        I am not a fan of meatloaf, so I never cook it, and have no recipes for that. Sorry.
                        That's because you haven't eaten mine

Ingredients:
                        •2 teaspoons butter
                        •1/4 cup chopped onion
                        •1 1/2 pounds ground round or ground sirloin
                        •1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
                        •1 cup tomato juice
                        •1/2 cup barbecue sauce
                        •1 egg
                        •1 - 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
                        •1/4 teaspoon salt
                        •1/4 teaspoon pepper
                        •1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
                        Preparation:
                        Heat oven to 350°.
                        Heat butter in small skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until tender.

Combine cooked onion, ground beef, oats, tomato juice, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Stir until well blended. Press into 9x5x3-inch loaf pan or meatloaf pan.

Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and spread remaining barbecue sauce over top. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer.

Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Place loaf on serving plate. Slice and serve.
                        8 servings.

As always, the key is Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce.
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Dude, what do you think this is? :hmmm:

Actually, I was kinda surprised that we didn't have a recipes thread or anything like that. Not to take away from the serious parts of the forum, all the politics, military technology, SWSNBN, etc... but we could have a recipes thread for manly stuff, like chicken wings, lamb chops, ribs, etc...
                          I suggest you open one---dedicated to good eating...you have a sense of humor...you name it.
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Pari, that's the first I've heard of barbeque sauce in meatloaf. But, I'll try anything once.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                              Pari, that's the first I've heard of barbeque sauce in meatloaf. But, I'll try anything once.
                              Don't we know it. Apparently, so will the Colonel, which led to that dreadful bustier incident a while back...

Comment

Working...
                              X