Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man shoots TV over Bristol Palin Dancing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man shoots TV over Bristol Palin Dancing....

NOVEMBER 17--Like most Americans, Steven Cowan has been perplexed by Bristol Palin’s curious ability to keep advancing in TV’s "Dancing with the Stars" competition.

However, unlike other viewers, Cowan, 67, allegedly became so enraged by Palin’s success that he actually fired a shotgun round into his television, triggering a 15-hour standoff with Wisconsin cops.

According to a criminal complaint, Cowan’s wife called police Monday evening to report that her husband had blasted the TV and was threatening to kill himself. Cowan, who had been drinking, became angry while watching Palin, 20, perform on the ABC program.

As Palin, pictured at left, was dancing, Cowan “jumped up and swore, saying something to the effect of, ‘The ****ing politics.’ Steven was upset that a political figure’s daughter was dancing on this particular show when Steven did not think that she was a good dancer,” the complaint notes. Cowan is pictured in the above mug shot.

Janice Cowan told Dane County Sheriff's Office deputies that she called 911 after her husband blasted the TV and then pointed the shotgun at her. She added that Cowan warned her that he would kill himself if she brought anyone back to their home in the town of Vermont.

After a lengthy standoff with cops, Cowan surrendered yesterday at 11 AM. He is facing disorderly conduct and weapons charges.

He was sitting in the Dane County jail last night when Palin landed a spot in the “Dancing with the Stars” finals. However, a sheriff’s spokesperson told TSG that Cowan “currently does not have access to television.”

Man Shoots TV Over Bristol Palin Dancing | The Smoking Gun
    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Try a different channel?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

It probably didn't occur to him...
      "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

It will always amaze me that people can watch shows such as that and still not realize that it is all about the ratings. "Reality" shows are anything but reality. As a nation we really need to lay off the TV and start living our own lives.

Now leave me alone. I am going back to watching Pro Wrestling. God help me, if the bad guy wins one more match by cheating I will throw my own TV out of the window.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
          Now leave me alone. I am going back to watching Pro Wrestling. God help me, if the bad guy wins one more match by cheating I will throw my own TV out of the window.
          Let me know when the OLD Sting shows back up!

The only time I am tempted to do such a thing is watching sporting events. Not Dancing With the Stars

I can say I haven't watched that. I have seen Keeping Up with the Kardashians though.
          "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

I was extremely feverish and delirious and have seen Keeping Up with the Kardashians though.
            Fixed that for ya...
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
              Fixed that for ya...
              I stand corrected. Haha!

A little Kim Kardashian never hurt anyone...
              "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

American TV.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  Try a different channel?
                  It was on the radio this AM when we were getting her ready for school and my 10 yr old daughter asked, "Why didn't he change the channel?"
                  Some people are too stupid to breath. My thought about Bristol Palin is "So what", I wouldn't watch her unless I was very well paid to do it.
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Cashing in on the fame. Mom has her own reality show now and I have recently realized how her speech in general is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

Comment

Did you guys hear that this guy (the man who shot the TV and had the stand off with the cops) is a liberal? Funny how the news just forgot the mention this fact or put it on TV 24/7 to make sure that a nut case is a liberal. I'm sure it would be 24/7 coverage if he were a conservative christian, clinging to his guns and bible.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I shot a POS charcoal grill once, for revenge...and blasted a "Dear John" letter with an M16 on full auto...and even blew up some crockery with a frag during a FITH...but your own TV? Is nothing sacred?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          Did you guys hear that this guy (the man who shot the TV and had the stand off with the cops) is a liberal? Funny how the news just forgot the mention this fact or put it on TV 24/7 to make sure that a nut case is a liberal. I'm sure it would be 24/7 coverage if he were a conservative christian, clinging to his guns and bible.

Doesn't surprise me in the least.
                          "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Red Seven View Post
                            I shot a POS charcoal grill once, for revenge...and blasted a "Dear John" letter with an M16 on full auto...and even blew up some crockery with a frag during a FITH...but your own TV? Is nothing sacred?
                            I got a Dear John text message once. I wanted to take out the phone with my M-4, but then I remembered that I really liked that phone....
                            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Geez....men and their televisions. Worse than women watching their soaps.

Comment

Working...
                              X