PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Season

ShawnG
02 Nov 10,, 16:07
Due to the unpopularity of the NFL among the world, I'm not surprised that an NFL thread hasn't been started for this season...

It doesn't help that playing a game in London had my 49ers against Denver, but at least San Francisco put up some fireworks in the 4th quarter to pull out a 24-16 win. They have a better record than Dallas, and that's all I care about!

The drama with Favre and Moss is getting tiresome--I'm even ready for some Ochocinco drama over the other two.

These million dollar athletes also need some cranium conditioning after all the concussions and helmet to helmet hits. :madder:

bigross86
02 Nov 10,, 16:18
Giants fan, and that 5-2 start is doing us plenty fine, so far... Plus, we broke Romo's collarbone last week :biggrin: :banana:

Albany Rifles
02 Nov 10,, 16:27
Pats Fan; 6-1. Life is good

bigross86
02 Nov 10,, 18:05
Sir, it looks like you and me are gonna have to disagree on this one...

Albany Rifles
02 Nov 10,, 20:37
If you had said Jets, I'd agree but Giants are NFC and we don't play the NFC East this year.

Maybe a Super Bowl rematch but that is it.

S2
02 Nov 10,, 21:30
Green Bay Packers are a casualty ward but managed to put the road hurt on the NYJs 9-0 this weekend. Manly effort. 5-3 and looking for both health and further imploding from the Vi-Queens. The rest will take care of itself.

Albany Rifles
02 Nov 10,, 22:01
Steve

Glad our respective teams were able to help each other on Sunday.

And I'll see you on 19 December!

S2
02 Nov 10,, 22:04
Buck,

"I'll see you on 19 December!"

Not if I see you first!:biggrin:

Nice to be Moss-less, eh? Ain't you glad he went to Marshall?

ShawnG
04 Nov 10,, 18:31
What would be great for me is if the 49ers can win the next 3 games. I fall else goes as it should, the niners would be division leaders at 5-6 winning the tie breaker over the Rams!

They would be the polished turd in the bag of crap (NFC West)

Albany Rifles
04 Nov 10,, 20:47
Buck,

"I'll see you on 19 December!"

Not if I see you first!:biggrin:

Nice to be Moss-less, eh? Ain't you glad he went to Marshall?

Once a Blundering Turd, Always a Blundering Turd!

Good riddance! And that 3rd round draft choice is looking better all the time!

S2
05 Nov 10,, 15:21
"Good riddance! And that 3rd round draft choice is looking better all the time!"

An absolute steal at this point.

Freeloader
21 Nov 10,, 03:39
This is one of the worst NFL seasons I can remember. Until Vick's emergence, there wasn't a real clear cut MVP, nor a dominant team still even now. Every game I've watched has been loaded with turnovers, missed blocks/tackles, and overall bad football. Being a Skins fan, I've seen more than my share. The circus in Minnesota and Washington are even more of a reason to laugh at this NFL season.

bigross86
21 Nov 10,, 07:49
I thought the Giants might have been the ones to supply you with an MVP team, but last week shot that down. That, and the fact that even in their winning streak, they've had an insane amount of fumbles and turnovers. The Giants are a strong team, but not strong enough.

Julie
16 Jan 11,, 03:42
Packers are pulling away from Falcons....:frown:

Julie
16 Jan 11,, 03:51
Pittsburgh beat Baltimore for the divisional....bummer. :frown:

Julie
16 Jan 11,, 04:23
Dammit !!! Even I can punt a football more than 21 yards !!!.....how freakin' embarassing ! :mad:

S2
16 Jan 11,, 04:28
Go Green Bay!:biggrin:

bigross86
16 Jan 11,, 09:50
Bah, I'm not following until the Superbowl. Once my Giants were kicked out (^&$$*^%$%$&$*) I've lost interest. I'll find a 24 hour pub in Tel Aviv and watch the Superbowl, but I don't care about the run-up, not anymore

S2
16 Jan 11,, 16:28
I've been watching pro football since 1966 and following it since 1965. Yesterday's performance on the road by Aaron Rodgers was as fine an effort as I've seen from the Q.B. position. Atlanta was gifted a fumble on Green Bay's first series that led to an early touchdown along with a 102 yd. kickoff return. Neither fazed Rodgers. Nor the crowd.

Rodgers directed consecutive touchdown-scoring drives of 81, 92, 80, 80 between the middle of the first quarter and to open the third quarter. Capped by another drive from mid-field during the middle of the third quarter for a total of five consecutive TD scoring drives and you've one of the most remarkable runs I can recall by a Q.B. in a playoff game.

Factor in Tramon Williams' pick in the end-zone to stifle one Atlanta drive along with his pick-six which likely removed no less than six (and possibly 10 Atlanta) points while contributing an additional seven points for the Packers, a 13-17 point swing.

77-105 attempts for 969 yards, 10 TD passes, 2 rushing touchdowns and only one interception for three games in his playoff career-all on the road, btw. Not too shabby.

Brett who?:biggrin:

dmwnc1959
16 Jan 11,, 16:41
Well, my two teams, the RAVENS and the FALCONS handed their opponents sweet victories last night. It seems like they just gave up before halftime even hit. Argh, the agony of defeat..... :(

Julie
17 Jan 11,, 00:09
Yeah, yeah, well, moving along.....we all know Green Bay's going to put another can of whoop'ass on Chicago next week. AND, it looks like the Pitts will be playing the Jets....but we will see. :biggrin:

S2
17 Jan 11,, 00:17
It'll be neat to see the NFL's oldest rivalry going at it in a championship game for the first time since 1941. 70 years for a chance now in the SuperBowl. Outside. Chicago. The weather. Should be fun.

Shek
17 Jan 11,, 03:42
Brett who?:biggrin:

Brett "Open Fly Jeans" Favre?

Ms7PpFvVSjY

Albany Rifles
17 Jan 11,, 17:27
Well, that sucked.

Time to change the avatar!

bonehead
18 Jan 11,, 05:00
Dammit !!! Even I can punt a football more than 21 yards !!!.....how freakin' embarassing ! :mad:

All the guy has to do is catch the ball and punt it. Thats all he does and he still can't get it right. How coaches aren't popping tums like lindsay Lohan goes through cocaine at her," Falling of the wagon"parties is beyond me.
Penalties that give me heartburn. Defensive off sides. OMFG are you kidding me? Defensive linemen get paid how much and been playing for how many years yet they still have problems finding the line of scrimmage.

Julie
24 Jan 11,, 00:44
Just as I predicted, GB going to the Superbowl !!! :biggrin:

S2
24 Jan 11,, 11:55
"Just as I predicted, GB going to the Superbowl !!!:biggrin:"

And if there's a God next to Saint Vince, we'll win the Lombardi trophy and bring it home where it rightfully belongs to Titletown.

Albany Rifles
24 Jan 11,, 16:32
"Just as I predicted, GB going to the Superbowl !!!:biggrin:"

And if there's a God next to Saint Vince, we'll win the Lombardi trophy and bring it home where it rightfully belongs to Titletown.

FYI....I am president of the Prince George chapter of Cheese heads United...at least for the next 2 weeks!

Zad Fnark
24 Jan 11,, 17:14
I'll be celebrating at Curly's Pub on Saturday with some friends.

ZF-

gunnut
24 Jan 11,, 22:44
I'll be wearing my Cheesehead and cheering for the Steelers.

S2
24 Jan 11,, 22:49
"I'll be wearing my Cheesehead and cheering for the Steelers."

Then may God strike you dead for the blasphemy.:mad:

Julie
24 Jan 11,, 23:34
Then may God strike you dead for the blasphemy.:mad::eek: I'll definitely be rootin' for Green Bay !!! :redface:

gunnut
25 Jan 11,, 02:47
"I'll be wearing my Cheesehead and cheering for the Steelers."

Then may God strike you dead for the blasphemy.:mad:

My cheesehead will deflect the lightning bolt...:biggrin:

bonehead
25 Jan 11,, 04:04
Who would Brett root for?

As an old Steelers fan I would have to side with them. I don't think Ben will quit like Cutler did.

bigross86
25 Jan 11,, 09:35
The Giants missed out on the playoffs because of the Packers.

Who do you think I'm rooting for?

I've got a test on the 6th and a test on the 8th. Kickoff is 1AM the night between the 6th and the 7th. Gonna be interesting....

Zad Fnark
25 Jan 11,, 20:10
The Giants got clubbed like baby seals. I don't know how far they would have gotten.

Ed-

bigross86
25 Jan 11,, 20:15
Yes, they got clubbed in the Eagles game, but overall they put up a pretty solid effort and might have pulled something off. Let's not forget that in 2008 they made it all the way to the Superbowl from the Wild Card spot, and became the first NFC wild card team to win a Super Bowl.

S2
27 Jan 11,, 08:07
"Let's not forget that in 2008 they made it all the way to the Superbowl..."

Ben, you don't know where Neenah's located, do you? Wisconsin.:)

My guess is Zad Fnark remembers the Giants beating Favre and Green Bay in overtime at Lambeau to get to the Superbowl.;)

I know I do.:mad:

Zad Fnark
27 Jan 11,, 17:27
Guilty as charged...

I'm so happy to have a more "stable" guy at QB now.

I'm going to Curly's this weekend with my friends and then the following week, we'll all be at my folks' place for the Super Bowl party.

Ed-

Julie
27 Jan 11,, 19:21
I do look forward to the "Party" part of the Superbowl Party. :biggrin:

Gettin' up my party list as we speak. ;)

bigross86
27 Jan 11,, 20:21
I'm tryin to locate a decent pub with a big enough screen that will broadcast the game. A whole bunch of Americans just showed up on campus for a semester abroad, so I'll definitely have who to go with this year

Julie
07 Feb 11,, 04:12
Go Packers ! :biggrin:

bigross86
07 Feb 11,, 10:40
Stayed up all night, got to sleep at 6:00 AM. Worth it though, very exciting game, even if the Steelers did get their ass handed to them. Roethlisberger is a tool that has absolutely no long passing game at all

S2
07 Feb 11,, 15:11
I'm very, very pleased this morning. The Lombardi trophy is going back home to Green Bay.