Battlestar: Blood & Chrome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar: Blood & Chrome.

Catchy name, I like it. Caprica is a disappointment, helpfully this new attempt will have a better result.

yfy Greenlights Battlestar Galactica Prequel Pilot Following a Young Adama
    By Kate Stanhope Fri Oct 22, 4:00 PM PDT

Syfy Greenlights Battlestar Galactica Prequel Pilot Following a Young Adama - News - Yahoo! TV

Syfy is returning to the Battlestar Galactica universe once again, this time for a new series prequel following Ensign William Adama fresh out of the Academy, the network announced Friday.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome will be a two-hour pilot set in the tenth year of the first Cylon War. In the midst of the battle between humans and their creations, a young Adama finds himself leading the colonial fleet's newest addition, the Galactica. The impulsive twentysomething must head a dangerous secret mission to help the fleet survive. (Adama was played by Edwards James Olmos in the network's critically acclaimed Battlestar Galactica reboot.)

Watch full episodes of Caprica

The pilot, from Battlestar executive producer David Eick, will air as a two-hour movie on SyFy; in success, the project will be picked up to series. Earlier this year, the channel launched another Battlestar spinoff, Caprica, which takes place 20 years before Blood & Chrome.

"The Galactica universe as re-imagined by Ron Moore and David Eick is rich with possibilities and backstory," Syfy vice president of original programming, Mark Stern, said in a statement. "We jumped at the chance to revisit the William Adama character and explore this exciting chapter in the BSG narrative which falls between the events of the original series and the prequel, Caprica, currently airing on Syfy."

Check out photos from Battlestar Galactica

The project is expected to begin production next year and air on SyFy in either late 2011 or early 2012, according to AOL TV Squad, which first reported the news.

"While maintaining the themes of politics, social propaganda, and the timeless question: what does it mean to be human? — Blood & Chrome will also return us to the authentic, relentless depiction of combat and the agony and ecstasy of human-Cylon war, which was the hallmark of Battlestar Galactica's early seasons," Eick said in a statement.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Its gotta be better than Caprica! BSG rocked so hard they had to be nuts to think that Cap would be a good follow. B&C will have to be better, can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
      Its gotta be better than Caprica! BSG rocked so hard they had to be nuts to think that Cap would be a good follow. B&C will have to be better, can't wait!
      No way, snipe! :maddest:

BSG sucked the big one.

Sure it had massive potential but it left me hanging and ultimately, I almost hired a Jamaican witch doctor to make a doll of Ron Moore so I could make the bastard suffer for what he did to me.

BSG was like that cheerleader skank in high school.

Always teased and teased but never delievered!

Damn, now I'm pissed you brought this subject up.

Gonna go to the "Randon Thread" and pick on someone..... :maddest:

BTW..I still bought the box set DVD when it came out.

Also, I bitched about this way back when.....

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wor...t-venting.html
      Last edited by YellowFever; 26 Oct 10,, 07:02.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
        No way, snipe! :maddest:

BSG sucked the big one.

Sure it had massive potential but it left me hanging and ultimately, I almost hired a Jamaican witch doctor to make a doll of Ron Moore so I could make the bastard suffer for what he did to me.

BSG was like that cheerleader skank in high school.

Always teased and teased but never delievered!

Damn, now I'm pissed you brought this subject up.

Gonna go to the "Randon Thread" and pick on someone..... :maddest:

BTW..I still bought the box set DVD when it came out.

Also, I bitched about this way back when.....

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wor...t-venting.html
        Dude.........I cannot help the fact that you never took charge and boned the hell out of that skanky chrldr in high school, but I can tell you that 5 years later it would be overrated.

BSG did not suck, that would be more closely related to, and analyzed by the fact that you obviously missed out on skanky HS cheerleader tail.

You may take out your aggressions on whomever you like but I think you need to self-examine your reasons for your misplaced outrage on a series that you (must have) regretfully, shelled out the cash to be so disappointed over.

I'm just here to help.. for problems or irrational rants concerning syfy or its programming, I suggest calling 1-800-bit-cher, to let the world know how you really feel.;)

Comment

Frack!!!!!

I'm sorry, dude.

I'm so depressed.....

I never did get past 2nd base with thet cheerleader.........

Comment

Bring back the old BSG from 1979!!!
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I'd really like to see more of Babylon V, Original BSG was fun, but I liked B5 even more
              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

All I know is that I kinda liked the series (BSG) until Starbuck and Apollo decided to cheat on their spouses with each other and it just went down hill from there until my disgust for the series accumulated with that president chick and Adama sharing a joint in a medical ward. :maddest:

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                  Frack!!!!!

I'm sorry, dude.

I'm so depressed.....

I never did get past 2nd base with thet cheerleader.........
                  Freud would have a precise answer for that.:hmmm:

Comment

Look! It Moves! #77: Japan

This amuses me to no end: in a time when studios realise that long-running franchises are the gifts that keep on giving, this week saw the premiere of a big budget live action movie of SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO, touted as Japan’s big blockbuster tentpole event of the year.

Geeks over 30 will fondly remember YAMATO in the form of the re-edited English-dubbed anime series STARBLAZERS from the late 70s and early 80s. In Japan, the original anime series ran in the mid-1970s and, by the 80s, had spawned further spinoff series and at least four original anime feature films. Created by manga artist Leiji Matsumoto, who also created GALAXY EXPRESS 999 and SPACE PIRATE CAPTAIN HARLOCK (also getting a rebooted movie scheduled for 2012), SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO was actually a wish-fulfillment allegory: beleaguered humanity down it its last legs is Japan facing an insurmountable invading alien force that’s a metaphor for America as led by General MacArthur at the end of World War II. You can’t get more obvious than to name the starship that’s Japan’s – I mean, Mankind’s – last hope after the destroyed WWII battleship that symbolized the fighting spirit of Japan itself, Yamato.

As you can see from the clip, the new live action movie updates the CGI effects and cribs heavily from the recent revamped BATTLESTAR GALACTICA with its frantic space dogfights and even the reconfiguration of a female character into a tough Starbuck-style fighter pilot. The Japanese are nothing if not meticulous in cribbing from the best. The director is Takashi Yamazaki, a mainstream journeyman best known for the Sci-Fi time-travelling actioner RETURNER starring Takeshi Kaneshiro, and sentimental crowd-pleaser ALWAYS: SUNSET ON THIRD STREET, a slick Capra-esque comedy-drama about a Tokyo neighbourhood as post-WWII modernisation and recovery got underway. ALWAYS was enough of a hit to prompt Yamazaki to make a sequel before moving onto YAMATO. Looks like YAMATO will feature GALACTICA-style grit and action, but will replace the ridiculous God bullshit with Nipponese nationalism and lots of crying. No change in the latter, then.

After watching the clips, I rather fancy a copy of the blu-ray when it comes out next year. I hope it’ll have subtitles.
                    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

You can’t get more obvious than to name the starship that’s Japan’s – I mean, Mankind’s – last hope after the destroyed WWII battleship that symbolized the fighting spirit of Japan itself, Yamato
                      The starship is not simply named after the Yamato..it IS the actual Yamato. The salvaged wreck of the WWII Battleship gets turned into a Spaceship in this movie. (And for a Japanese movie..that far from the craziest idea for a movie/show)

Comment

Sometimes fighting spirit simply cannot defeat technology. Or is that "always" rather than "sometimes?"

I grew up waching Spaceship Yamato. The 1970s bell-bottems were the best.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I remember seeing the cartoon a time or two surfing channels a few years ago. I think on cartoon ntwk. I'd watch the movie, looks cool. Was that the old host of Iron Chef?

Comment

Remember watching Yamato (though I don't think it was called that) on TV back in the early 80s. Obviously had no idea of the subtext until much later. Amused the hell out of me.

Speaking of which, anyone ever see the film 'Spriggan', a futuristic animie film where the evil Americans send 2 agents to destroy the brave Japanese (and their NATO Allies??) - 'Little boy' & 'fat man'. It allows one of the characters to utter the immortal line 'little boy & fatman have failed'. Talk about your nationalist fantasies.
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

On BSG, enjoyed it until the last few episodes, when the 'truth' was revealed. What a CROCK! It looked to me like they had no idea how to end it so they just made some shit up.

Oh the whole 'frack' thing gave me the shits too. You can show people being tortured & killed, but you can't swear. Grow the **** up!

For Space Opera I find it hard to top Babylon 5. Well developed characters (mostly), character developement, well constructed, long interleaving plotlines. The whole package.
                              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
                              X