PDA

View Full Version : 2010 College Football Season

Shek
17 Oct 10,, 19:45
It's shaping up to be an interesting season. S-2's Badgers stuck it to #1 Ohio State, making it the second #1 in a row to be dethroned. Hopefully TCU and Boise St will lose so that we don't end up with a weak schedule #1.

On another note, my Army team lost another heartbreaker - 4-3 with the losses adding up to a margin of 13. Hopefully, we'll pull it out against Air Force at the end of the month.

bonehead
18 Oct 10,, 17:41
Air force is looking pretty tough this year. That might be a tough game. BS and TCU ned to get into a real conference if they want to be taken seriously. I am not surprised the BS system took the largest market in the vicinity and made them #1 even though the Ducks are ranked #1 in the other polls. Still, at #2, the ducks are still in the big game as long as they win out and that is all that matters at this point. The ducks position should be solidified if they tear UCLA a new one on thursday considering how UCLA beat the crap out of Texas. Auburn, LSU and Michigan State are all charging up the ranks and I am sure the network executives would love to have anyone of these teams playing Oklahoma in the big game over the small west coast market of Oregon. We need a fricken play off and thats all there is to it. The top 8 get a chance for the big time. The rest can go bowling.

bonehead
24 Oct 10,, 08:25
Oklahoma lost so it looks like My Ducks will be #1. Oh wait Auburn won and they are ranked close to the top and are not a west coast team. Looks like Auburn will be #1 in the BS rankings. Ducks/trojans looks to be a huge game next Sat.

Julie
24 Oct 10,, 14:33
I anticipate Newton (Auburn) to be MVP this season. Georgia put a can of whoop-a$$ on Kentucky last nite. However, Kentucky beat SC, but SC beat GA.....wtf ?? :confused:

bonehead
25 Oct 10,, 00:12
That is exactly why we need a playoff. What is on paper does not tell the whole story. The BS computer can't compute the intangibles. All it can do is ensure the most money for those running the show, ie put in the two biggest markets that are near the top and put them in the NC game.

Shek
25 Oct 10,, 02:48
A playoff still won't tell us which team is better (just which team is better on a particular night). Nonetheless, I still would enjoy to see a top 8 duke it out in a single elimination bracket format.

Julie
25 Oct 10,, 02:58
A playoff still won't tell us which team is better (just which team is better on a particular night). Nonetheless, I still would enjoy to see a top 8 duke it out in a single elimination bracket format.Heck yeah !!!

Shek
25 Oct 10,, 03:04
Heck yeah !!!

Folks like TCU and Boise State would be the teams most likely to benefit - if you win, you can prove you're a big time program and not just building a season on cream puffs.

Julie
25 Oct 10,, 03:35
Folks like TCU and Boise State would be the teams most likely to benefit - if you win, you can prove you're a big time program and not just building a season on cream puffs.Exactly. TCU and Boise State would then be pitted against the southern teams, which in my opinion, are exceptional players. In any event, a single elimination bracket with the top 8 will definitely tell the tale, and I would definitely re-work my schedule to see it.

S2
25 Oct 10,, 04:29
Two great weeks of Badger football. The win against Iowa, if anything, was even bigger than Ohio State in Madison.

Live out here in Oregon and the Ducks are incredibly impressive against very blah competition. Stanford was their biggest challenge and the U of O got them at home.

bonehead
25 Oct 10,, 05:12
A playoff still won't tell us which team is better (just which team is better on a particular night). Nonetheless, I still would enjoy to see a top 8 duke it out in a single elimination bracket format.

Being better, or not, on a particular night beats the hell out of being denied even a chance to play because of some cryptic algorithm working against you. I would say the odds of finding a true champion out of the top 8 are a lot better than the current BS system. Still have to keep the zebras neutral though. winning or losing a game do to bad officiating questions the integrity of the sport. Almost as much as the BS system does.

Shek
25 Oct 10,, 12:39
winning or losing a game do to bad officiating questions the integrity of the sport.

My Army team should be 5-2 instead of 4-3. This particular play went for something like 60 yards (and the drive resulted in a game tying touchdown that sent it into OT) instead of a safety and free kick.

Not BCS material for sure, but still. Oh well . . .

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/179812801.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1288003986&Signature=84WAAaYJ3Jm96%2BSILWNAYSSMGCk%3D

ShawnG
26 Oct 10,, 21:19
The Knights may have lost but fellow service Midshipmen beat some ass over Notre Dame!

Julie
30 Oct 10,, 23:14
GA-FL game today is one big cluster-f@ck ! We have NO quarter back, and we need a new coach. :mad:

bonehead
31 Oct 10,, 07:43
Oregon went to LA and won going away tonight. USC put up a good fight for 3 quarters though. The rest of the season should be easier. I just hope the lads do not let it go to their heads and forget to take care of business. Oregon has been notorious over the years for dropping games they should have easily won. This years civil war is shaping up to have even bigger implications (NC) than last year when the winner got to go to the Rose bowl.

S2
31 Oct 10,, 08:21
"This years civil war is shaping up to have even bigger implications (NC) than last year when the winner got to go to the Rose bowl."

Only for Oregon.

Last year was neat because both schools were playing for the same thing. This year Oregon may well be playing for a shot at the nat'l title. It will be good fodder for OSU to be in a position to deny such but it's not like a Beaver victory puts them in the NC game.

Don't see anybody who can stop Oregon except injuries and themselves. Athletic, well-schooled in an amazingly rapid tempo offensive scheme and thoroughly confident when they've the ball. Their defense is so-so but until I see a def. coordinator that can expose them, I'm unfortunately a believer.

I don't think my Badgers will play them and I'm damned glad. If Oregon wins out a re-match of last season's opener with Boise St. would be fun to watch.

bonehead
31 Oct 10,, 18:21
Oregon and Boise state in the championship game. Network executives and the Tostitos bowl reps would crap their pants and jump from the nearest tall building. ( 2 small markets the east coast, midwest and the south do not care about) LOL. I bet they are looking to massively tweak the BS system so at least one SEC team gets in even if Auburn drops one.

bonehead
01 Nov 10,, 00:14
"This years civil war is shaping up to have even bigger implications (NC) than last year when the winner got to go to the Rose bowl."

Only for Oregon.

Last year was neat because both schools were playing for the same thing. This year Oregon may well be playing for a shot at the nat'l title. It will be good fodder for OSU to be in a position to deny such but it's not like a Beaver victory puts them in the NC game.

Don't see anybody who can stop Oregon except injuries and themselves. Athletic, well-schooled in an amazingly rapid tempo offensive scheme and thoroughly confident when they've the ball. Their defense is so-so but until I see a def. coordinator that can expose them, I'm unfortunately a believer.

I don't think my Badgers will play them and I'm damned glad. If Oregon wins out a re-match of last season's opener with Boise St. would be fun to watch.

No OSU won't get in the Championship game. However, a Rosebowl appearance is still a possibility. If Oregon does get to the big game Oregon state also has a chance to get a better bowl if the Rose bowl does not pan out. OSU still has to do their part and win some games. OSU also stands to get some cash under the Pac 10 revenue sharing plan if Oregon plays for the NC. I remember the times when OSU could go 1-10 and thought of it as a winning season as long as that single victory was against the ducks. I have no doubt OSU would covet a civil war win this year, but if not, the beavers still have hopes for a decent bowl game and thats a huge improvement over the "pre Riley" era. Reaser stadium is going to be packed and then some for the civil war. Lots of tv revenue as well. All good things.

S2
01 Nov 10,, 18:12
Our O-coordinator, Paul Chryst was Riley's coord at OSU and his T.E.s coach at San Diego. OSU plays the Badgers in Madison next year. Should be interesting. Been watching them since Erik Wilhelm and Dave Kragthorpe in the mid-eighties. Slower evolutionary curve than UO. UO's has been long and slow as well until the last decade, suggesting just how difficult it's been for OSU. Still, both schools have played in BCS bowls.

OSU will be very up for the game. I don't know who wouldn't be up for UO anyway but the rivalry trumps having a #1/2 in your house. Don't think Cal or UA have a chance and KNOW the Huskies don't.

bonehead
02 Nov 10,, 08:48
Even though there have been some civil war blow outs lately, the beavers almost always save their best efforts for that game. On paper the ducks should easily roll the rest of the schedule. Unfortunately one can never underestimate Oregon's ability to drop an egg at Cal. Over the years no matter how awful Cal has been Oregon never hesitated to play to Cals level and end up losing. This year it should be a 30 point spread but we will see.

Air Wilhelm?

S2
02 Nov 10,, 19:29
"Unfortunately one can never underestimate Oregon's ability to drop an egg at Cal."

If they do so it'll be to a back-up Q.B. Cal's lost their starting quarterback for the rest of the year to knee surgery. Locker won't play for the Huskies against Oregon either. All coming together for you guys.

"Air Wilhelm?"

None other. Had a nice little career in the pros. Given Oregon's low population and propensity to rain heavily in the fall, it's amazing the number of pro quarterbacks produced in this state-Wilhelm, Nussmeier, Harrington, Anderson, Chris Miller, Kellen Clemens, Feeley. Cade McNown spent his H.S. senior year in Oregon. May be more. Same with Washington.

bonehead
02 Nov 10,, 22:29
"Unfortunately one can never underestimate Oregon's ability to drop an egg at Cal."

If they do so it'll be to a back-up Q.B. Cal's lost their starting quarterback for the rest of the year to knee surgery. Locker won't play for the Huskies against Oregon either. All coming together for you guys.

"Air Wilhelm?"

None other. Had a nice little career in the pros. Given Oregon's low population and propensity to rain heavily in the fall, it's amazing the number of pro quarterbacks produced in this state-Wilhelm, Nussmeier, Harrington, Anderson, Chris Miller, Kellen Clemens, Feeley. Cade McNown spent his H.S. senior year in Oregon. May be more. Same with Washington.

Norm Van Brocklin and Dan Fouts were a couple of the old timers from Oregon that made their mark. Oregon had a few more in recent history but I think they were drafted into the wrong teams and that cut their nfl careers short. It does not matter how good the quarterback is when the O line is crap.

S2
03 Nov 10,, 07:04
"Norm Van Brocklin and Dan Fouts were a couple of the old timers from Oregon that made their mark."

Both played their high school ball in California. All the guys I mentioned were high school athletes from Oregon.

bonehead
03 Nov 10,, 07:15
Ah. I did not catch that. I only looked at college. It kind of amazes me that all the sunny Ca boys come up to the Rainy PNW to play college ball.

S2
03 Nov 10,, 08:24
"It kind of amazes me that all the sunny Ca boys come up to the Rainy PNW to play college ball."

It's all about an opportunity to play. California, particularly the bay area and SoCal, is a hotbed for H.S. football. If you want to play on the highest level of college football on the west coast, what do you do if you're not offered by USC, UCLA, Cal, or Stanford?

California high school football supplies Washington St., Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Fresno State, Boise State, San Diego State, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Arizona State and Arizona with top-notch talent every year. Tons more from California high schools go to Montana, Montana St., UNLV, San Jose State and other second tier schools.

My point, however, was that there's an incredible number of top-notch high school athletes right here in the northwest that can play at the professional level.

A.J. Feeley and Kellen Clemens played ball against each other in eastern Oregon. Clemens grew up on a cattle ranch outside Burns, Oregon. Absolutely the middle of nowhere. They both attend the UofO and both get drafted into the pros. Feeley was Clemens' backup in college, btw. At the same time Derek Anderson is playing H.S. ball in Scappoose, Oregon-a tiny river town just downstream the Columbia river from Portland and attends OSU. Both Clemens and Anderson were top 10 nationally rated Q.B.s.

Washington high school football is similar. There've been a huge number of Q.B.s that have come out of that state-John Elway in particular but also the three Huard brothers in recent years. Jake Locker is from Ferndale, Washington.

Wisconsin, in contrast, has one kid that made it to the pros and he didn't even play for the state university-Tony Romo. The fall weather, especially on the west slope of the Cascades, can be horrendous for a passing attack. Sometimes it just POURS on a Friday night. So I don't buy into the idea that climate is a rationale.

ShawnG
04 Nov 10,, 17:50
I'm simply tired of the SEC dominance. I'd like to see BSU in the title game, but if 'Bama wins out, it won't happen (assuming Oregon can win out... the winner of the SEC title game will likely go pending any catastrophe)

Shek
06 Nov 10,, 02:40
Army-Air Force tomorrow. Both have winning records and both are only one win away from being bowl eligible. Air Force is on a three game skid, but that includes losses to TCU and Utah, two very highly ranked opponents. Unfortunately, I don't think Army is ready to prevail this year, but at least it should be a contest for all four quarters for a change and hopefully they'll pull it off.

S2
06 Nov 10,, 08:10
Presume you'll be at the game. Go Black Knights Of The Hudson! I ALWAYS root, root, root for ol' Army. Have since I was a pup. Lot of disappointment packed into those years. May you become bowl eligible this year.

Julie
06 Nov 10,, 13:10
This is a bummer for Auburn if its true:

NCAA looking into recruitment of Auburn's Cam Newton

AUBURN, Ala. — A former Mississippi State player has told NCAA investigators that an agent runner claiming to represent Auburn star Cam Newton requested money in exchange for a promise that the quarterback would sign with MSU.
John Bond, the Bulldogs' quarterback from 1980 to 1983, told ESPN.com the runner was a former college teammate who said Newton could be bought for $180,000.

NCAA looking into recruitment of Auburn's Cam Newton - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/2010-11-04-auburn-newton-recruiting-allegations_N.htm?csp=obnetwork)

bonehead
07 Nov 10,, 03:45
This is a bummer for Auburn if its true:

NCAA looking into recruitment of Auburn's Cam Newton

NCAA looking into recruitment of Auburn's Cam Newton - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/2010-11-04-auburn-newton-recruiting-allegations_N.htm?csp=obnetwork)

I wish the NCAA could understand discretion. Either hold your tongue until you get enough evidence to go forth or hand out some indictments. If Auburn and Cam are innocent then they do not need the distraction at this point of the season. If guilty they need to step aside and let some one else in the big game and get the Heisman.

bonehead
07 Nov 10,, 04:07
LSU beating Bamma derailed Bamma's chances of the big game though I am sure they will still end up in a money making bowl. Looks like a rematch of LSU and Auburn for the conference.

TCU made a statement against Utah or should I say "exposed" Utah. Neither team really has faced any good teams yet.

If they win out it looks like Oregon/Auburn in the NC game. BS and TCU may be playing for 3-4 but Ohio State, LSU and Wisconsin will be charging up and might kiss enough BCS azz to leapfrog over BS and/or TCU. Still a month left so we will see.

Shek
07 Nov 10,, 12:39
Much of nothing.

Albany Rifles
07 Nov 10,, 13:48
I wish the NCAA could understand discretion. Either hold your tongue until you get enough evidence to go forth or hand out some indictments. If Auburn and Cam are innocent then they do not need the distraction at this point of the season. If guilty they need to step aside and let some one else in the big game and get the Heisman.

The NCAA had to come out and say something since ESPN found out about the investigation some how and plastered it all over their scrawl on THU night's VA Tech-GA Tech game.

They couldn't leave the story out there with no formal response.

bonehead
08 Nov 10,, 03:12
The NCAA had to come out and say something since ESPN found out about the investigation some how and plastered it all over their scrawl on THU night's VA Tech-GA Tech game.

They couldn't leave the story out there with no formal response.

The NCAA never could leave well enough alone. I will never forgive the jackbooted thugs forcing out mascots they felt were not PC. Even if Auburn is 100% clean, and lets face it, no college is, the NCAA investigation is going to be a huge distraction. The way the NCAA investigates, glacially, there will be no "findings" after the season anyway. The NCA is not bound to answer ESPN"S allegations anyway. A simple, "NO comment" would have worked.

bonehead
08 Nov 10,, 03:31
"It kind of amazes me that all the sunny Ca boys come up to the Rainy PNW to play college ball."

It's all about an opportunity to play. California, particularly the bay area and SoCal, is a hotbed for H.S. football. If you want to play on the highest level of college football on the west coast, what do you do if you're not offered by USC, UCLA, Cal, or Stanford?

California high school football supplies Washington St., Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Fresno State, Boise State, San Diego State, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Arizona State and Arizona with top-notch talent every year. Tons more from California high schools go to Montana, Montana St., UNLV, San Jose State and other second tier schools.

My point, however, was that there's an incredible number of top-notch high school athletes right here in the northwest that can play at the professional level.

A.J. Feeley and Kellen Clemens played ball against each other in eastern Oregon. Clemens grew up on a cattle ranch outside Burns, Oregon. Absolutely the middle of nowhere. They both attend the UofO and both get drafted into the pros. Feeley was Clemens' backup in college, btw. At the same time Derek Anderson is playing H.S. ball in Scappoose, Oregon-a tiny river town just downstream the Columbia river from Portland and attends OSU. Both Clemens and Anderson were top 10 nationally rated Q.B.s.

Washington high school football is similar. There've been a huge number of Q.B.s that have come out of that state-John Elway in particular but also the three Huard brothers in recent years. Jake Locker is from Ferndale, Washington.

Wisconsin, in contrast, has one kid that made it to the pros and he didn't even play for the state university-Tony Romo. The fall weather, especially on the west slope of the Cascades, can be horrendous for a passing attack. Sometimes it just POURS on a Friday night. So I don't buy into the idea that climate is a rationale.

If I were a high school standout in Ca and could not get into the local schools I would be looking at some team in the midwest or east before the northwest. I will play in the heat and the cold,but I never warmed up to playing in the 4 months of rain. ( two in the fall and two in spring practice). I have been in Oregon for 30 years and I am still not used to the pasty white chicks here. Either they glow in the dark or they have one of those fake tans. There are no colleges on the sunny east side of the cascades worth playing for.

Well, looks like OSU is not keeping their end of the bargain. They should beat Wazzu, but they are also going to have to beat either SC, Oregon, or Stanford just to be eligible for post season and those are pretty slim odds. If they lose to Wazzu next week you can stick a fork in them.

S2
08 Nov 10,, 07:57
"If I were a high school standout in Ca and could not get into the local schools I would be looking at some team in the midwest or east before the northwest."

Not if playing in the PAC-10 and before your family and friends is a consideration. Also remember that Washington was a nat'l title contender in the eighties and Oregon is now. Kids want to play for programs at that level of recognition.

Don't forget about Boise St. That program isn't going anywhere. Admission is easier than the PAC-10 schools and they'll likely pull their fair share of SoCal/Bay Area talent. Finally, there are also other programs that get talent. Fresno State (Dilfer, Volek and Carr) and San Diego State are programs that have put a lot of Q.B. talent into the pros.

Weather? It can be miserable anywhere in the country at this time of the year. I've seen SEC schools playing in absolute torrential downpours before. OTOH, how many Oregon games have you watched that were soaking wet this year?

Overblown.

bonehead
08 Nov 10,, 16:13
"If I were a high school standout in Ca and could not get into the local schools I would be looking at some team in the midwest or east before the northwest."

Not if playing in the PAC-10 and before your family and friends is a consideration. Also remember that Washington was a nat'l title contender in the eighties and Oregon is now. Kids want to play for programs at that level of recognition.

Don't forget about Boise St. That program isn't going anywhere. Admission is easier than the PAC-10 schools and they'll likely pull their fair share of SoCal/Bay Area talent. Finally, there are also other programs that get talent. Fresno State (Dilfer, Volek and Carr) and San Diego State are programs that have put a lot of Q.B. talent into the pros.

Weather? It can be miserable anywhere in the country at this time of the year. I've seen SEC schools playing in absolute torrential downpours before. OTOH, how many Oregon games have you watched that were soaking wet this year?

Overblown.

This year is an abnormality weather wise. I remember plenty of mud bowls in my playing days. (mostly highschool) What I dreaded the most were the long wet practices between games. Contacts were not an option for me at the time so I had to wear glasses. Once they got wet I could not see a damned thing. One thing I remember is that if you hold your head just right the ear holes of the helmet whistled in the wind. The coach could be yelling and screaming at you ,but all you could hear was your whistling helmet. There is a reason why Oregon has indoor practice facilities. Boise state is a relative newcomer and was not even on the radar when I was in college. Washington used to be a contender but that was several years ago, and they do not have the tradition of Ohio State/Michigan has. I can't see me going to any SEC school. Nothing wrong with them, just not my style. I think the TV exposure compares favorably to being watched in person. Just to have Keith Jackson utter my name during a game would have been one of the highlights of my life. If I could have gotten a "whoa Nelly" out of him, that would have been sweet.

S2
09 Nov 10,, 03:18
"Washington...do not have the tradition of Ohio State/Michigan has."

Few do. Still they've a long history and some pretty neat players. Here's one old example-

Hugh McElhenny-Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_McElhenny)

Not all west coast kids are going to stay on the west coast but there are plenty of programs out here that will accomodate top-flight players. Not all California kids can play for a California PAC-10 school. Many will head north. That's the good fortune of the Pacific northwest schools.

bonehead
09 Nov 10,, 04:11
"Washington...do not have the tradition of Ohio State/Michigan has."

Few do. Still they've a long history and some pretty neat players. Here's one old example-

Hugh McElhenny-Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_McElhenny)

Not all west coast kids are going to stay on the west coast but there are plenty of programs out here that will accomodate top-flight players. Not all California kids can play for a California PAC-10 school. Many will head north. That's the good fortune of the Pacific northwest schools.

ARG! Washington again. That does not cut it for an Oregon alumni. I had a good friend who was one of the trainers and I nearly got to travel with the team for the Rose Bowl. Back then Oregon was mostly mediocre but they made a conscious effort to get better and thought picking on one of the better Pac 10 teams, the dawgs would do it. "The Pick" is where Oregon started believing they could win the big games. It was also the beginning of the end for Washington.

Yes I took fiendish delight a couple of years ago when I got to call a rabid Husky fan I worked for in Redmond Wa and congratulated him on the University of Washington's perfect season. Of all the teams Oregon has played I can honestly say the animosity was greatest by far for Washington. Especially when some bozo hired Neuhiesel. Though Don James would never be popular in Eugene, and I am saying that nicely. even the Eugene hippie/pacifists wanted James' head on a pike. For the last two decades Oregon won more games and has seen post season play more than Washington. Oregon has developed a modern day tradition. Oregon has not yet lofted itself into the USC hallowed ground, but it is clear that if you want to beat USC you have a far better chance of doing it in a duck uniform than any other in the pac 10.

For your entertainment:
YouTube - The Pick -- 1994 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EVYjJtvq9M)

Oregon pulls from Ca but they also do well on the interstate recruits and from other parts of the country. After this year even players from the East coast and SEC area will have to include Oregon as an option of where they want to play ball.

S2
09 Nov 10,, 11:02
bonehead,

I've lived in Oregon since 1985. I don't need to see Kenny Wheaton. Watched the pick live on T.V. Watching Washington get beat by Oregon wasn't new to me then either. I'd watched Bill Musgrave and Anthony Newman beat the Huskies at Autzen in 1987.

Oregon was my favorite team until 2001 when I attended the Oregon-Wisconsin game at Autzen stadium and your standing-room fans stole end-zone seats from hundreds of late-arriving Wisconsin fans (to include myself). The ushers wouldn't remove them until the beginning of the second half.

Very, very rude. I quit caring about Oregon that day and haven't looked back.

bonehead
09 Nov 10,, 17:49
That was rude no question about it. I have some other words that would hit closer to the mark but no need to wallow in the mud. Fans of this nature are a universal problem with most any team and I wish the people in charge would do more to keep such yahoos in line or shove their asses out of the gate as fans such as this do not deserve the privilege of seeing their team play in person. For what it is worth there is one associated with the university that apologies. Their behavior was totally unacceptable.

S2
10 Nov 10,, 06:19
Beware of language-

pyfAD_l9R-Q

Funny stuff here.

bonehead
10 Nov 10,, 06:46
LMAO!....................... That needs to be in a political thread. It mirrors so many of them.

Albany Rifles
11 Nov 10,, 14:24
Too Perfect!

FVCK Rich ROD!!!!

bonehead
14 Nov 10,, 08:17
My fears were justified. Oregon pulls out a nail biter in Berkley. TCU pulled out a close win and Auburn needed a strong 4th quarter to get the win. ND showed the world how weak Utah really is. ND also proved that a good record does not mean anything unless you can beat some quality teams.

S2
15 Nov 10,, 07:43
Catching some heat for an outburst of scoring that is routine for Oregon. Somehow others don't seem to catch the same heat. Odd.

One late score came when our third-string Q.B. hit a guy deep on a busted play with all the underneath guys covered. Another came on a pick-six with Indiana still trying to score. Guess we were supposed to let them. They eventually put six up late in the second half to score 20. Final touchdown came when our fourth-string, slow-as-molasses Q.B. ran a Q.B. sweep for a 17 yard touchdown.

Handing off wasn't an option as our running backs scored five touchdowns while rushing 41-311 (7.6 ypc).

Dunno what to say when a Big Ten team just sorta...quits.

Ann Arbor next week. Big game.

Albany Rifles
15 Nov 10,, 14:52
Dude!

Take the foot off the accelerator already!

Kick some butt next weekend!

bonehead
15 Nov 10,, 18:04
Not much else you can do after clearing the bench. The younger guys on the 2nd and 3rd string need playing time and you can't change the plays to "kneel, kneel kneel, punt"

S2
15 Nov 10,, 18:51
"Take the foot off the accelerator already!"

John Clay never played. Those rushing figures came from our 2nd and 3rd string runningbacks. Generally, though, it's sorta hard to ask kids that have practiced but not played to NOT execute the offense.

Only threw 21 passes-eighteen by the starter who was gone by the end of the third quarter. Backup's bomb came on 3rd and long when flushed from the pocket and all the underneath guys were covered. He heaved it under pressure deep. Kid caught it.

Bielema's caught hell for going for two against Minnesota but there's some history behind that. What happened the other day was an anomaly. OTOH, I won't be so arrogant as to expect such but if we had the chance to do the same in the big house Saturday I'd LOVE to pour gas on the fire.

Albany Rifles
15 Nov 10,, 19:21
I know....just kidding.

As for adding fuel to the fire on Saturday....I hope the Bagers dump a KC-10 load of fuel all over RichRod!

Shek
16 Nov 10,, 02:36
Think Wisconsin-Michigan will be as high scoring a game as when my Fightin' Illini lost the 3xOT heartbreaker?

bonehead
16 Nov 10,, 05:02
Think Wisconsin-Michigan will be as high scoring a game as when my Fightin' Illini lost the 3xOT heartbreaker?

That I where I was going to end up before mom and co drug my ass to Oregon while I was still in Jr high. I lived in Bloomington and attended a lot of Redbird games as a kid but they played in the bush league. Kind of hard not to call them "neutered Illini" after the NCAA took the militant PC route and made Illinois drop its mascot. Of the few Illini games I was able to attend, Chief Illiniwek was what I remembered the most.

ShawnG
19 Nov 10,, 14:25

Not at all. Wisky's defense is a little stronger than the Illini. Could see a couple 200 yard rushers though (D. Robinson and J. Clay). Heck, as porous as Michigans defense is, both Wisconsin backs will get 150+ each.

bonehead
19 Nov 10,, 15:43
Crunch time of the season. The rivalries begin and the brass ring is getting so close. This is when dreams are achieved with a hard fought victory, or crushed ,broken and pounded into the turf after a heart wrenching loss. Best time of the year.

S2
21 Nov 10,, 08:51
"..both Wisconsin backs will get 150+ each."
Close.:biggrin:

181yds for White and 173yds for Ball. Six rushing T.D.s. Threw for 201 yds on 14-15 passing but abandoned the pass after a pick late in the first half and a fumbled catch to open the second half. 31 straight running plays thereafter to finish out the second half.

Digest that. 31. Btw, hope that's making you smile, A.R. Your belated birthday gift.;)

"Rich Rodriguez is an offensive genius..."

No Clay today.

ShawnG
22 Nov 10,, 15:25
Yessir, and I didn't even realize pre-game that Clay was out. I also called OSU by a Field Goal over Iowa, even though it was a shot in the dark that Pryor did something on 4th and 10 on the road in the 4th quarter. Normally that time period and location is reserved for a TP Pick/Fumble.

Rich Rod should have stayed in West Virginia and asked Pat White to go to Medical school there so he could play a couple 5 more years. Haha

Albany Rifles
22 Nov 10,, 15:31
Well done, Badgers!

We owe ya!

ShawnG
24 Nov 10,, 21:10
OSU/Michigan this weekend. Hopefully we can see OSU Stick it to 'em like Wisky did.

Well, Wisky did it to OSU, but you know how it goes! Beat Michigan!

S2
25 Nov 10,, 07:17
I really do enjoy watching Michigan lose.

Julie
27 Nov 10,, 02:13
No comment on Auburn vs. Alabama ??? 28-27 Auburn? :confused:

Shek
27 Nov 10,, 02:35
I'm sure the BCS folks breathed a sigh of relief. Only one loss away then from Boise St vs. TCU for the national championship :eek:

bonehead
27 Nov 10,, 05:44
With all the love between the 2 schools I would like to see Ohio State and Boise state go after it on the gridiron. That would be a grudge match people would like to watch.
Aside from Boise state and TCU any one in the top ten is a legitimate contender in my book. This would be a great year for a play-off.

bonehead
27 Nov 10,, 05:51
No comment on Auburn vs. Alabama ??? 28-27 Auburn? :confused:

I would have to side with Auburn at this time. Alabama has no chance at the big game and if Auburn lost, Oregon (pac 10) would lose out at a chance to play for all the marbles against a team from a good conference as I do not see Wisconsin or LSU being able to move up much at this point of the season.

S2
27 Nov 10,, 08:15
Well...Boise State screws the pooch in a crazy WACish game not unlike the wacko epic Boise State-OU bowl confrontation a few years ago. Amazing! Gotta feel for the Boise State kicker.

Julie
27 Nov 10,, 13:31
Nevada Stuns No. 3 Boise State 34-31 :eek:

bonehead
27 Nov 10,, 19:42
I did not think it was much of a surprise. BSU was over rated and never had to play a full game all year so they never felt any pressure. Feeling the pressure game in and game out because you are in a tougher conference means everything when it comes to close games at the end of the season.
The last two plays in regulation are what we football fans watch for. That was nuts. I know the kicker lives and dies by his last couple of kicks, but he should not be the scape goat in this game. BSU defense, or rather, lack of, lost it for them. Interestingly, if he had made that field goal, he would be an afterthought because K. Moore is the hero and Heisman candidate and he would be the one they hung their victory hat on.

S2
27 Nov 10,, 19:49
Well, Boise St. made a world-class play to put themselves in position for the win despite their defensive failings. Tough being a kicker.

Watching Big Ten play right now. The weather's "Big-Ten". The play is "Big-Ten". MSU and OSU are taking care of business although PSU remains within striking distance.

bonehead
27 Nov 10,, 22:39
Thats the thing with luck. It swings both ways. How do you lose a man so deep in the secondary that late in the game? But then, who would have thought he would have missed the chip shot. Thats why you play the game to determine the winner. Absolutely no computer could have seen those two plays coming.

I am still slicing and dicing my elk so you are going to have to let me know what happens in the big ten today. I am trying to finish in time to see the Oregon state Stanford game.

bonehead
28 Nov 10,, 01:23
BSU falls and now LSU. Utah needs a lucky break to overcome BYU so that does not bode well for TCU since beating Utah was TCU's claim to fame. I am starting to wonder if a big Ten team can vault in the #3 position. Interesting weekend so far.

Julie
28 Nov 10,, 01:30
Arkansas vs. LSU 31-23 I'm beginning to wonder if SC may defeat Auburn since it seems to be a week full of upsets.

bonehead
28 Nov 10,, 03:00
Looks like the civil war next week is going to be a slobber-knocker. Either Oregon wins and OSU does not get post season play, or OSU wins and Oregon has the brass ring pulled away at the last second. Oregon has truly risen from the depths if they have to settle for the Rose Bowl. I remember when just getting to ANY bowl was a big deal.

Albany Rifles
29 Nov 10,, 14:45
Steve,

Everything coming up Roses!

Congrats!

And it felt really good to pound Pitt in the Backyard Brawl!

S2
29 Nov 10,, 21:24
You might need some help but I've got to believe that you'll handle Rutgers. Pitt and UConn fall on the road to Cincinnati and S. Florida. You've got H2H against Pitt and UConn's got their work cut out for them against a good team.

Julie
30 Nov 10,, 00:08
TCU Accepts Offer From Big East

Texas Christian University has accepted an invitation to become an all-sports member of the Big East Conference, FanHouse has learned.

The Horned Frogs will join the league beginning on July 1, 2012 and begin play in the Big East in the 2012-13 school year. The school has called a 2 p.m. ET press conference to announce it is moving from the Mountain West.

TCU Accepts Offer From Big East -- NCAAFB FanHouse (http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/11/29/tcu-accepts-offer-from-big-east/?icid=main%7Ccompaq-desktop%7Cdl9%7Csec4_lnk2%7C186930)

Oh hell yeah.....bring it....:banana: :biggrin:

bonehead
30 Nov 10,, 04:31
TCU Accepts Offer From Big East

Texas Christian University has accepted an invitation to become an all-sports member of the Big East Conference, FanHouse has learned.

The Horned Frogs will join the league beginning on July 1, 2012 and begin play in the Big East in the 2012-13 school year. The school has called a 2 p.m. ET press conference to announce it is moving from the Mountain West.

TCU Accepts Offer From Big East -- NCAAFB FanHouse (http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/11/29/tcu-accepts-offer-from-big-east/?icid=main%7Ccompaq-desktop%7Cdl9%7Csec4_lnk2%7C186930)

Oh hell yeah.....bring it....:banana: :biggrin:

At least TCU had enough hair on their balls to join a better conference. I will give them credit for that. Boise does not have what it takes to do what TCU did.

I was kind of hoping Auburn might drop one and we could have Oregon-Wisconsin NC game. That would probably burn out the scoreboard but would be fun to watch as long as your not emotionally attached to either defense. Still the civil war to go though and I hope Oregon does not do what they have done in the past and play down to Oregon state level. If they do a sure blowout could be a nail biter.

Wisconsin is going to own TCU in the Rose bowl.

Julie
30 Nov 10,, 06:30
Wisconsin is going to own TCU in the Rose bowl.I'd pretty much agree with that. But, the way things have been going this past week, anything is possible. But enough of that.

Looks like AUBURN vs. OREGON for the National Title

Auburn has now beaten 6 top 25 teams this year...and Oregon....2?

IF Auburn's defense can stop Oregon's offense, Cam may be having roast duck for din-din... :banana:

But first, Auburn has to beat SC i think Dec. 4.

Bring it !!! :banana:

S2
30 Nov 10,, 07:36
"Wisconsin is going to own TCU in the Rose bowl."

Should that game come to past, we'll see. For any group of 18-22 year olds to go through a season undefeated is a testimony to excellence. So too with Oregon and Auburn. Those kids played perfectly with the cards they were dealt. I've no doubt TCU can beat Wisconsin. Will they? Different matter.

Julie
05 Dec 10,, 05:36
Auburn beat the pants off of SC....I've never seen such a big guy with so many moves like Cam Newton....oh wait.....yes I have...:redface:

bonehead
05 Dec 10,, 23:03
Keep it on the grid iron Julie. :tongue:

It should be a good game. Both programs belong there and deserve a shot at the title. Oregon played a sloppy civil war and they need to clean up the mistakes if they want to win the big game.

ShawnG
07 Dec 10,, 19:27
Here's to rooting for a Big 10 wins over the SEC- OSU v. Arkansas, PSU v. Florida, MSU v. 'Bama, Michigan v. Miss. St

S2
08 Dec 10,, 15:09
A couple of student-produced videos have hit youtube lately. Both have PG-13 ratings (IMV) and include cameos by our chancellor and band director-

Teach Me How To Bucky-

oVAZXZfIlNk

And We're Smellin' Roses-

K03W8UAlRgw&feature=player_embedded

S2
08 Dec 10,, 21:26
Our three-headed monster-

EnxQ2NIxPfw

Gives a nice profile of Wisconsin's running attack to include some of the more effective blocks. Run after run after run after...well, you get the picture.

bonehead
09 Dec 10,, 18:29
Those running backs are good, but seriously, my grandmother and her walker could have made most of those yards. Its the O line that was most impressive so I hope they are getting the credit they deserve. TCU has not faced an offensive line like that all year. There is just no way TCU can hold back that kind of firepower.

S2
09 Dec 10,, 19:09
bonehead, our line is very good but I'll encourage you to review the run at 1:22 by Ball against Iowa. It is one of the most studly runs I've ever seen. You have to understand the context. Ball didn't play against Ohio State and was in the doghouse. The next week on the road against Iowa James White is hurt early and Ball makes some limited appearances in the game. On the last drive, however, with Wisconsin trailing by six points we began an seven minute drive from our own twenty to take the lead with one minute left. That drive included two fourth down conversions-one a fake punt and the other a completion to Ball on 4th and five. Finally we've the ball at Iowa's 16 yard line. Two runs by Ball, first to the eight and then the play you see at 1:22. where Ball simply takes the entire Iowa team on his back and carries them into the endzone. He reaches out with the ball and barely breaks the plane before the rock is knocked from his hand. The referee review would be to determine a touchdown or fumble into the Iowa endzone for a touchback and, unquestionably, the game to Iowa. There was only one minute left.

It was a monstrous run where Ball simply wouldn't be denied.

bonehead
10 Dec 10,, 06:40
I said they were good. I am in no way arguing that point. But in my book the true studs are in the O line. On most of those plays the backs got a good 5 yards before a defender even got close. Things are much easier for backs once they get past the D line and the linebackers.
You and I are kind of spoiled by the running backs though. In addition to Wisconsin, Oregon has had a long string of great backs. I even felt sorry for a d back that tried to take Blount on the last couple of years. Now he is playing on Sunday. Even Masoli, our quarterback, ran through a Oklahoma state defensive back a couple of times. We did lose a game to the "reach the ball over the end zone" though. Fumbled. Football is played on a hundred yard field, but all too often it comes down to inches.

S2
10 Dec 10,, 07:59
"We did lose a game to the "reach the ball over the end zone" though."

James White had already lost a touchdown that way in an earlier game. Montee Ball was counseled by the running backs coach as soon as he reached the bench but there was no denying the special effort on the play. None of the backs have since done it.

My memory of Oregon runningbacks goes back to Tony Cherry and Ricky Whittle. They've had a lot of very good ones.

Shek
11 Dec 10,, 02:37
Army and Navy face off tomorrow - both teams are bowl bound and it should be a competitive game. Navy is giving Army 8 points; hopefully, my Black Knights will find a way to pull it out.

While this video is from last year, it's still pretty cool.
Gsg5A5Wbprk

S2
11 Dec 10,, 03:47
Most of the nation has some interest in this game.

If you're going to the game, be safe and enjoy yourself. I'm sure a great time to meet up with old acquaintances and friends. I hope as many of our deployed soldiers, sailors and marines that might be possible are able to watch the game.

Go Army! BEAT NAVY

bonehead
11 Dec 10,, 05:13
IDK. If MUM can do push-ups NAVY is no push over.

Julie
11 Dec 10,, 21:37
IDK. If MUM can do push-ups NAVY is no push over.Army doesn't have a quarterback like Dobbs....it's not looking good for Army....17-0 3rd.

S2
12 Dec 10,, 00:20
Dark day for the Black Knights Of The Hudson. Oh well. Congratulations to the players, cadets and midshipmen of both academies. It remains a remarkable sporting event for our entire nation.

Shek
12 Dec 10,, 02:19
The difference in the game was Steelman having the ball popped out when he was at the 2 yard line and Navy returning it 98 yards for a TD. A 14 point swing, not to mention the momentum swing.

S2
12 Dec 10,, 03:18
Yeah. Backbreaker just when Army's knocking on the door and about to play its way back into the game.

Julie
12 Dec 10,, 11:36
Cam Newton Wins Heisman Trophy. The last two winners -- and three of the last four -- have now come from the SEC. :banana:

bonehead
12 Dec 10,, 19:53
Cam Newton Wins Heisman Trophy. The last two winners -- and three of the last four -- have now come from the SEC. :banana:

Thats OK.:cheers:
Heisman curse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisman_curse)

Julie
14 Dec 10,, 15:09
Oh Bah Humbug Bonehead....:biggrin:

bonehead
15 Dec 10,, 07:09
They unveiled the uniforms Oregon is going to wear for the game. There has to be a woman in charge of that. If it was a guy thing the only criteria would be that the uniforms were clean.....most of the time. 13 games and 13 different combinations...Make up your mind already woman!

S2
22 Dec 10,, 16:23
This is just some tremendous reporting about what's entailed in the transformation of young men into massive and powerful football players-and, perhaps, the long-term consequences. I was really impressed and encourage anybody that has an interest in the level of scrutiny going into growing strong bodies more than twelve ways to read this article-

Biggest Men On Campus-The Rewards-And Risks-Of Becoming A Rose-Bowl Offensive Lineman-Madison.com Dec. 22, 2010 (http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/health_med_fit/article_2cebfc20-0d4f-11e0-80ed-001cc4c002e0.html)

Shek
22 Dec 10,, 20:23
This is just some tremendous reporting about what's entailed in the transformation of young men into massive and powerful football players-and, perhaps, the long-term consequences. I was really impressed and encourage anybody that has an interest in the level of scrutiny going into growing strong bodies more than twelve ways to read this article-

Biggest Men On Campus-The Rewards-And Risks-Of Becoming A Rose-Bowl Offensive Lineman-Madison.com Dec. 22, 2010 (http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/health_med_fit/article_2cebfc20-0d4f-11e0-80ed-001cc4c002e0.html)

Pretty cool article. I remember as a cadet seeing all the O and D lineman spending the spring semester of their senior years camped out in the cardio room on the bikes and stairmasters working off all their weight so they could meet the commissioning thresholds for height/weight. Of course, they were coming down from 250-280, and not from 300-350 (although they weren't 6'6" or so either).

S2
22 Dec 10,, 20:40
There's a lot of science packed behind what's going on. As a major research university, Wisconsin might serve as an excellent location for a lot of health-related studies. They've an opportunity to track these guys through life. Perhaps they should as part of their contract with the student.

Interesting your comment about reaching commissioning standards. One of UW's recent linemen enlisted in the Marines following graduation and did a tour as a rifleman down in Helmand. He wasn't the biggest but, still, a very big kid. Had to have been interesting (and maybe beneficial) shedding a bunch of weight at a young age to get where he needed.

bonehead
30 Dec 10,, 19:00
Now that the bowl season is in full swing we get to see the sloppiness of not having a game for too long. The level of play has dropped of considerably from the end of the regular season. I fear it will only get worse as the later games and longer lay-offs continue. A play off system would keep the teams sharp. Hint hint..wink wink.

S2
30 Dec 10,, 22:49
Go Army! I'm encouraged to see that teams on TCU's schedule this year have fared poorly so far with their bowl games. SMU, Baylor and Utah have all lost. Still think TCU is a dangerous opponent.

That said, I'm pleased for Army. It was a tough game played on SMU's home field and gave Army their first winning season since Maj. Shek was a cadet.

Shek
30 Dec 10,, 22:51
Go Army! I'm encouraged to see that teams on TCU's schedule this year have fared poorly so far with their bowl games. SMU, Baylor and Utah have all lost. Still think TCU is a dangerous opponent.

That said, I'm pleased for Army. It was a tough game played on SMU's home field and gave Army their first winning season since Maj. Shek was a cadet.

Actually, I was a 2LT at OBC, although I'm not sure if there's much difference. Congrats to the Black Knights!

bonehead
01 Jan 11,, 23:22
The grand daddy of bowls has begun. I have wisconsin by 30 points to prove TCU does not belong.

Julie
02 Jan 11,, 00:17
The grand daddy of bowls has begun. I have wisconsin by 30 points to prove TCU does not belong.LOL...right now TCU's winning 14-10....

And the Michigan/Alabama game is not worthy of discussing...49-7.

bonehead
02 Jan 11,, 00:37
LOL...right now TCU's winning 14-10....

And the Michigan/Alabama game is not worthy of discussing...49-7.

Michigan State did play like Michigan as of late so I can see your mistake. WOW.

I expected to throw away the first quarter but not a whole half. TCU is making a game of it. I expect a lot of growling in the locker room for Wisconsin. We will see if it will do any good.

bonehead
02 Jan 11,, 01:31
Good lord S-2. When is Wisconsin going to come out and play?

bonehead
02 Jan 11,, 02:16
Damned. I lost that point spread but then i would have ran for the extra point as the passing game was not getting it done. TCU passed the test. It is games like this is why you have to settle it on the grid iron. Well done TCU. I have to go forth and find some crow to munch on.

S2
02 Jan 11,, 05:08
I've zero problems with what unfolded today. It was an excellent game. We did a lot of what would normally indicate a Wisconsin victory-zero turnovers, ran well and held TCU 22 points below their per game average. A kid missed his first field goal from inside 40 yards and we lost by 2 points to the #3 team in the country who was also favored.

"...i would have ran for the extra point as the passing game was not getting it done."

12-21 for 156 yds. No picks and the first touchdown was set up with a 30 yard play-action to the fullback. Guy was open on the conversion. Linebacker made a play. It happens.

bonehead
04 Jan 11,, 05:15
A monster offensive front line,3 great running backs who average more yards/down than the extra point attempt and there is no way TCU could have covered them all in one play but sure, when the game is on the line lets forget about the horses that brought us here...lets pass. I know is sounds like armchair quarterbacking but that game was nothing at all that I imagined. Guess its a good thing I am not the coach...However, I see an opening in Michigan coming up.

I do see a silver lining. TCU showed Oregon that you can get a victory even if you don't have the biggest grunts on the line of scrimmage.

S2
04 Jan 11,, 05:23
"...that game was nothing at all that I imagined."

Both teams were well below their season scoring averages. Both teams had only eight possessions apiece. Average is 11-12. MSU-Alabama had 17 or so. Wisconsin fought against poor field position the entire second half. I thought the game actually turned into a really interesting battle of wits by about the start of the second quarter.

bonehead
04 Jan 11,, 15:15
Standford played up to their potential despite a shaky first half. The Pac10 has some bite after all.

Julie
04 Jan 11,, 15:18
I love the end of the College football season. Lots o' kickin' butt going on. Stanford was awesome last nite by the way.

bonehead
05 Jan 11,, 04:08
Ahem...27-7 near the end of the 2n'd quarter. Arkansas just realized they are playing Ohio State instead of another SEC team. That was one dominating first half performance by OSU.

bonehead
05 Jan 11,, 06:21
Ok. That was an entertaining second half, esp the 4th quarter. Talk about an emotional roller coaster.

S2
07 Jan 11,, 06:24
It became official yesterday. The buyout dropped considerably after the New Year so Michy really needed make a good bowl showing. Needless to say, THAT didn't happen.

Now we already know from this post (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sports/56828-2010-college-football-season-3.html#post767244) that Rich Rodriguez is an offensive genius but here's a brief update on how their coaching search is going-

yTSenwUnbMc

Shek
08 Jan 11,, 02:22
It became official yesterday. The buyout dropped considerably after the New Year so Michy really needed make a good bowl showing. Needless to say, THAT didn't happen.

Now we already know from this post (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sports/56828-2010-college-football-season-3.html#post767244) that Rich Rodriguez is an offensive genius but here's a brief update on how their coaching search is going-

yTSenwUnbMc

Classic!

Shek
08 Jan 11,, 02:30
Good news from out of Rutgers - Eric LeGrand has regained some sensation. Here's hoping to a full recovery.

Rutgers' Eric LeGrand describes fear, new sensation - ESPN New York (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/ncf/news/story?id=5995681)

S2
08 Jan 11,, 22:00
I saw Ken Dyer, safety for the Bengals, paralyzed by taking a knee to his helmet while attempting to tackle John Brockington. Most know of Darryl Stingley. Nick Buonoconti Jr. obviously comes to mind.

We draw so much entertainment from football but it's a violent sport where the worst can happen in a flash.

Here's praying for the lad. It's a hard, hard story.

Julie
10 Jan 11,, 23:49
I'd pretty much agree with that. But, the way things have been going this past week, anything is possible. But enough of that.

Looks like AUBURN vs. OREGON for the National Title

Auburn has now beaten 6 top 25 teams this year...and Oregon....2?

IF Auburn's defense can stop Oregon's offense, Cam may be having roast duck for din-din... :banana:

Bring it !!! :banana:Okay guys....it's on....bring it !!! :banana:

Who else is watchin' this game tonite?

Shek
11 Jan 11,, 03:06
Oregon wins the coolest uniforms contest. I'm surprised to see no points on the board after nearly a quarter. I'm sure that once the jitters go away the fireworks will start.

Julie
11 Jan 11,, 03:17
Oregon wins the coolest uniforms contest. I'm surprised to see no points on the board after nearly a quarter. I'm sure that once the jitters go away the fireworks will start.So cool, I can't get over those neon green socks...LOL. I think Oregon has like 8 different uniforms...all cool.

I'm also surprised no score yet, cuz it was predicted a high-scoring game....good game so far....they are sacking Cam...whoop, whoop.

Game won't get good til second half though after all their piss and vinegar is gone. :biggrin:

Julie
11 Jan 11,, 03:41
Whoaaaa....fake field goal. Man, Oregon is looking pretty sharp....my son is never going to let me hear the end of it if they win. :mad:

Edit: Auburn 16 - Oregon 11 Halftime

Auburn will pull away in the second half .... quack, quack. :biggrin:

S2
11 Jan 11,, 04:45
"Oregon wins the coolest uniforms contest."

Hate damned near everything they've worn since those all forest-green unis a few years ago. Traditional uniforms were great. Then again, I sorta like a full-house backfield.

Julie
11 Jan 11,, 06:34
Auburn won it 22-19. Damn, damn good game !!! They both fought til the end.

S2
11 Jan 11,, 07:10
Yes. I thought it was a good game too. So does TCU unseat Oregon for #2? It took Auburn a full sixty minutes to win.

bonehead
11 Jan 11,, 07:42
Id say the BCS would put TCU as 2nd by virtue of their undefeated season. Still losing to the #1 ranked team by a last second field goal should mean something, but alas the computer will never see the game, only the won/loss stats. My only complaint, which should be registered by both teams, is that the field looked rather slippery and few could find good footing.

The game could have easily gone either way and was close to going onto overtime. I'd say the ducks gained a measure of respect tonight. Darin thomas equaled Cam's production. The difference was Auburn's defensive line that killed Oregon's running game. Darron, LaMichael and Barner are only sophomores so they have 2 more years to improve and carry the team to the top.

Hoist a cold one in the air. Another college football season is in the books. Take a vacation and start watching the calendar for next September so we can do it all over again. Sigh