The whole world seems to be blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The whole world seems to be blind

Frankly that’s the impression. Europe, America all of you... No one sees that Uzbekistan is gradually turning into a fascist nation with the only difference being that Hitler was eliminating Jews while Karimov – us, ethnic Tajikistani!! For instance take the city of Samarqand with the Tajikistani population being the largest ethnic community and which actually has to be a part of Tajikistan rather than Uzbekistan. Well you see now the Tajikistani are being just sort of hounded... it’s just madness really! They put us in prison under different and rather stupid grounds but mostly for alleged drug trading and using. Although you see our religious postulates (and we are a very religious nation!!) do not allow us to even take it in our hands. However you see president Karimov has declared war on drug trading and naturally we are the first to be hit by it though innocent... And btw in reality only the Uzbeks trade drugs in this country... Moreover guys, many of us are now disappearing without any hint of a trace and some are found dead. Once they even found several dozen dead Tajikistani in the garbage dump near Samarqand!! I’ve got such a feeling that the “higher”, in Karimov’s opinion, race is edging out all others you know...
    But unfortunately no one seems to care about it at all... everyone is engaged only in their own internal problems...
    When will the world stop being so selfish, I wonder?

No one sees that Uzbekistan is gradually turning into a fascist nation
    Gradually turning....

For instance take the city of Samarqand with the Tajikistani population being the largest ethnic community and which actually has to be a part of Tajikistan rather than Uzbekistan
    It is part of Uzbekistan. Doesn't "have" to be part of another nation.

Once they even found several dozen dead Tajikistani in the garbage dump near Samarqand!
    Normal crime.

However you see president Karimov has declared war on drug trading
    Evil bastard...

They put us in prison under different and rather stupid grounds but mostly for alleged drug trading and using
    Don't deal or use drugs.

And btw in reality only the Uzbeks trade drugs in this country.
    Wow just wow...

Hitler was eliminating Jews while Karimov – us, ethnic Tajikistani
    Disgusting comparison.

When will the world stop being so selfish, I wonder?
    No one cares about Greater Tajkistan.
    Last edited by troung; 13 Oct 10,, 17:22.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

honestly, no one cares much about uzbekistan OR tajikistan, past ensuring the terrorists don't take over. tinpot dictatorships, the entire lot.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Tajikstan's hands are full lately anyways.
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Kinda a negative approach, guys, with a lot of preconceived "It ends with -stan so I don't give a shit" to it. Try to put in some effort, eh?

Comment

Isn't China trying to extend its influence toward the 'stans?
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Pakmiran View Post
              Kinda a negative approach, guys, with a lot of preconceived "It ends with -stan so I don't give a shit" to it. Try to put in some effort, eh?
              When we do interfere, people call us imperialists. If it has oil, then people acuse us of jacking someone else's oil.

Secondly, western powers are mostly sea powers. We're not good at interfering with places far away from the coastline. Logistics is a headache.

The 'stans are in Russia and China's backyard. It wouldn't be polite if we mess with their sphere of influence.

It's best that we stay out.

Comment

Wait. Wait wait wait.

Are you personifying America?

Comment

Originally posted by Pakmiran View Post
                  Wait. Wait wait wait.

Are you personifying America?
                  Please elaborate.

Comment

Who really does care? Put a blank map of the CARs front of the average person outside of a nation which ends in a "stan" and see how many nations they can fill in.

Multiply that by the number of people in nations which matter who care about/support "Greater Tajikistan"

It's Russia's backyard and they drew the map.
                    ================
                    Without even getting into Uzbekistan cracking down on X or Y this week. There is no genocide/ethnic cleansing going on, so who cares? Why care?

=============
                    I doubt the topic opener will respond on this thread again.

Comment

Fake a landslide or something.....we'll send money.

Comment

I'm sure there are several dozen fresh bodies in the Potomac as we speak.

Comment

People, it's a freaking bot.

Comment

Hungry from the lack of chew toys...

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              People, it's a freaking bot.
                              Rats! I was getting all heated up!

Who really does care? Put a blank map of the CARs front of the average person outside of a nation which ends in a "stan" and see how many nations they can fill in.

OOO! OOOO! ME! ME! (raising hand higher) CALL ON ME TEACHER!!

When we do interfere, people call us imperialists. If it has oil, then people acuse us of jacking someone else's oil.

Secondly, western powers are mostly sea powers. We're not good at interfering with places far away from the coastline. Logistics is a headache.

The 'stans are in Russia and China's backyard. It wouldn't be polite if we mess with their sphere of influence.

It's best that we stay out.
                              Oh, The burdens of Empire...
                              sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X