Is Congress for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Congress for sale?

Presently, foriegn nationals, corporations or for that matter goverment enterprises can buy unlimited political advertising advocating a candidate. Are you ok with that?
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
    Presently, foriegn nationals, corporations or for that matter goverment enterprises can buy unlimited political advertising advocating a candidate. Are you ok with that?
    The Democrat piece of it is certainly for sale, and it always has been.

As to your inane question, allow me to ask YOU: are you okay with limiting speech, specifically political speech? Aside from the First and Second Amendments, are there any other parts of the Constitution that a liberal detests and loathes so much that he'd violate with laws so contrary to the plain meaning of the very text of our entire basis of law...as they do with predictable regularity?

One final two-part question: 1) do you really think like you write on this message board, or 2) are you a foil, an agent provocateur, a false-flag that intentionally makes the position that you only seem to advocate out to be ridiculous and easily swept away by logic, reason and fact, in order to advance the CORRECT position by mis-direction?

Because if the answer is1) 'Yes' and 2) 'No', then I really have to wonder how you became what you, I would then suppose, really are.
    Last edited by Bluesman; 29 Sep 10,, 21:52.

Comment

Only if we let private American citizens do the same.

-dale

Comment

Presently, labor unions, especially government labor unions can buy unlimited political advertising advocating a cadidate. Are you OK with that?
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

You talking about George Soros? Registered his hedge fund in the Caymans to skirt US taxes, and owns and operates the democratic party?

Or are you afraid that the republicans might approach the level of spending by democRATS? (who spend about double the amount on campaigns than repubs)

Or that businesses and associations might want to be heard like the unions? (SEIU and the Washington Teacher's Union have spent $2 Million so far on ads pushing for a state income tax).

Don't know about you Rosie, but I'm smart enough to consider the source when I see a political ad.
          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
            Don't know about you Rosie, but I'm smart enough to consider the source when I see a political ad.
            Well, I think you DO know whether he's smart enough to do as the rest of us do. I know that I know.

Comment

Why wouldn't I be okay with that? If I've got the money, let me spend it however I want. Why do you care how I spend my money?

Do you honestly have such a low opinion of the average American voter that you think they are so stupid that will per force vote for whoever spends the most money on their campaign, or do you think that they are so gullible and will out of necessity vote for the candidate with the flashiest ads, regardless of their actual campaign beliefs?

I guess that according to you, most of the voters in America are Sheeple. So when you voted for Obama because he was the in thing, were you actually voting for Obama, or are you just another of the Sheeple that thought they were actually voting, but in reality were only voting for Obama because he outraised McCain by $150 million and outspent McCain by 2$ per voter?

You probably think that you were actually voting, don't you? But according to your beliefs, how can you be so sure?

So tell me, Rosie, how does it feel to be one of the Sheeple?
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                Why wouldn't I be okay with that? If I've got the money, let me spend it however I want. Why do you care how I spend my money?

Do you honestly have such a low opinion of the average American voter that you think they are so stupid that will per force vote for whoever spends the most money on their campaign, or do you think that they are so gullible and will out of necessity vote for the candidate with the flashiest ads, regardless of their actual campaign beliefs?

I guess that according to you, most of the voters in America are Sheeple. So when you voted for Obama because he was the in thing, were you actually voting for Obama, or are you just another of the Sheeple that thought they were actually voting, but in reality were only voting for Obama because he outraised McCain by $150 million and outspent McCain by 2$ per voter?

You probably think that you were actually voting, don't you? But according to your beliefs, how can you be so sure?

This is The Way of the Liberal. You cannot be trusted to exercise your franchise 'properly'. You must be taken care of.

Liberlas hold us all in contempt. They believe in elites running all that messy detail stuff, things that are far too complex for you and I to properly administer for ourselves.

They are statists, and they believe in the system of commissars and uniform rules that they will oversee.

Then again, when all that gets in the way of 'the greater good', no limit to the gangsterism and thug-government violation of rules that are, after all is said and done, not applicable to anything they may wish to do in their pursuit of Utopia.

They're the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post

Damn you, Ben.

Rosie's heart is in the right place.

It doesn't matter if your heart's in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                    Well, I think you DO know whether he's smart enough to do as the rest of us do. I know that I know.
                    Yeah, I know.

It's difficult to take Rosie's worries about electoral integrity seriously, considering his previously stated defense of ACORN's 400,000+ fraudulent registrations....
                    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Working...
                    X