X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half of California voters want Pelosi replaced as House speaker

Half of California voters want Pelosi replaced as House speaker
    By Holly Bailey holly Bailey Thu Sep 23, 3:30 pm ET

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has never been a popular political figure around the country, but no matter how low her national poll numbers have gone, she could always count on wide support among Californians.

No longer. A Public Policy Polling survey out today finds that almost half of likely voters in California -- including 21 percent of Democrats -- would like to see Pelosi replaced as speaker.

The poll doesn't break down exactly where Pelosi has lost support in the state — and geography in California is significant, given that Pelosi is most popular in San Francisco, where her district is based, and in other urban areas such as Los Angeles.

But the polling points up a significant shift, with a plurality of Californians saying they're unhappy with what Pelosi's high-profile leadership position has gotten the state. All told, 48 percent of likely voters in the state have an "unfavorable" opinion of Pelosi. Not surprisingly, Democrats still solidly back her, with 62 percent of them saying they approve of the job she's doing. But 17 percent of her party disapproves -- and a surprising 21 percent say they are "not sure" about her performance.

Among independents, Pelosi's unfavorable rating is at 62 percent, and more than half think she should be replaced as speaker. Pelosi has even narrowly lost the support of women in the state: Forty-five percent say there should be a new speaker, while 44 percent rate her unfavorably.

The poll is yet another signal of how no incumbent, not even in a progressive state like California, is safe in November. It's true that Pelosi is highly unlikely to lose re-election (no matter how many "Wizard of Oz"-inspired ads her opponent runs). But these poor numbers are a bad sign for Democrats nationally.

(Photo of Pelosi: Alex Wong/Getty Images)

Copyright © 2010 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

This bit*h needs to go too!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Loretta Sanchez. A congresscritter from Orange County who is out and out racist and probably the dumbest politician we have after Pelosi, but won't take the heat because well..because she has a big D after her name.

Shame on you, gunnut for electing dumb people like this. :whome:

Last edited by YellowFever; 24 Sep 10,, 00:47.

Comment

Yeah, wait, I thought it was us Republicans & conservatives who were racist everythingphobes?

What the sh!t? This latina is coming after our label.

-dale

Comment

who is out and out racist a
        She is not a racist for saying that; you are a racist for noticing.
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
          She is not a racist for saying that; you are a racist for noticing.
          I can't be a racist...I'm a minority. :whome:

Too put that statement in to context, the challenger in that district is a Vietnamese gentleman who happens to be a Republican.

Comment

Delicious irony.

What's even better, though, is when the Democrats accuse somebody of being 'queer'. Can't get a gay to vote Republican, because they've seemingly never noticed that all their 'friends' on the left still think that calling somebody a *** and meaning it as a slur doesn't reflect the fact that straight Democrats hold gays in comtempt.

Don't believe me? Enjoy the hate:
            » Leftist ‘Religious’ Mob- Spits on Andrew Breitbart – Screams Homo (Video) - Big Government

Comment

Welcome back, Blues!

I missed ya! :banana:

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                Shame on you, gunnut for electing dumb people like this. :whome:
                Hey man, I had nothing to do with her. She's not even in my district. My congressman is Dana Rohrabacher, whom I agree with most of the time.
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                  Yeah, wait, I thought it was us Republicans & conservatives who were racist everythingphobes?

What the sh!t? This latina is coming after our label.

-dale
                  She's not hispanic even though she carries a hispanic last name. She's a white european (don't think she's a spanaird either) who married a "Sanchez."

Comment

I can't be a racist...I'm a minority. :whome:
                    The correct phrasing is "I can't be a racist...I'm not white"

Too put that statement in to context, the challenger in that district is a Vietnamese gentleman who happens to be a Republican.
                    Good thing he's not white, or the democrat machine would crank out the "racist" placard at the rallies. Can't even call him "uncle tom" since he's not black.

Comment

To expand on what gunnut said, I asked a Latino friend about her Spanish and he said her Spanish is horrible but tue Hispanics in her district ( and most others) vote for her anyway because they mostly have that "victim mentality" about how the white man is keeping them down. His words, not mine.

These leech politicians take advantage of that. It's the same reason that our esteemed mayor, whose real name is Tony Villar suddenly turned into Antonio Villaragosa before running for office.

I gotta get out of this rat hole state. :(

Comment

To expand on what gunnut said, I asked a Latino friend about her Spanish and he said her Spanish is horrible but tue Hispanics in her district ( and most others) vote for her anyway because they mostly have that "victim mentality" about how the white man is keeping them down. His words, not mine.

These leech politicians take advantage of that. It's the same reason that our esteemed mayor, whose real name is Tony Villar suddenly turned into Antonio Villaragosa before running for office.

Tony V combined his and his (former) wife's last names to get Villaragosa. Her last name is Agosa. They are divorced now. We wondered if he would revert his name back to Antonio Villar...

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          She's not hispanic even though she carries a hispanic last name. She's a white european (don't think she's a spanaird either) who married a "Sanchez."
                          Damn whiteys, always being inscrutable and teaming up with the damned Vietnamese to go taking things.

-dale

Comment

Minnesota is the place to be. Bring a coat.

-dale

Comment

But Dale, If I move there, Debbie might force me to get rid of the road kills in front of her house and use me as manual labor. :)

Edit: wait, I'm missing something here. I thought you were Debbie's neighbor and she lives in Wisconsin?

Comment

Working...
                              X