Yom Kippur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yom Kippur

Tonight and tomorrow are Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, the holiest day of the year in Judaism. Jews fast from food and drink for 25 hours, don't bathe, don't wear leather and jewelery and avoid sexual relations. The emphasis of Yom Kippur, like it's name suggests, is atonement, to beg forgiveness from God for our transgressions of this year, and from our fellow man as well.

I would like to start off by asking for your guys forgiveness if I inadvertently offended or insulted you in any way, form or fashion, and I forgive anyone that feels they may have offended or insulted me in any way.

On Rosh Hashanah God started the judgment process for the upcoming year, deciding what a person's lot will be. On Yom Kippur the verdict is sealed. Whether you happen to believe in God or not, whether you happen to subscribe to Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, or are a follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I would like to once again wish everybody here a year filled with happiness and cheer, prosperity and wealth, good tidings and great joy.

To those who might be fasting, I wish you an easy fast, and to everyone else, a great weekend. I'll be back tomorrow night, my time.

Gmar Chatima Tova
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Have a good year, good sir.

You know how it goes, if you are not banned, everything is already forgiven.

Comment

From all of us who seek guidance and wisdom from the Flying Spaghetti Monster (may his meatballs remain always warm), Gmar Chatima Tova to you. ;)
      Last edited by tim52; 17 Sep 10,, 19:40.
      Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

Working...
      X