Scheduled Maintenance : WAB Server Upgrade - May 5th 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled Maintenance : WAB Server Upgrade - May 5th 2005

The amount of traffic World Affairs Board receives has risen rapidly over the past couple of months.

In order to continue to allow the website to run at optimal performance, we will be taking the WAB server offline for around 10 - 20 minutes sometime between 0800 - 1100 GMT / UTC on Wednesday, May 5th, 2005 in order to upgrade the server's RAM to 2048MB (2GB).

Time Zone Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...=00&sec=0&p1=0

Thank you for your understanding :)

thanks chris
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Thanks tons Chris. :)
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

This work was performed by our technicians early this morning. Therefore, I am unsticking this thread now. I hope everyone sees enhanced performance when using the forum.

Thanks! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
          This work was performed by our technicians early this morning. Therefore, I am unsticking this thread now. I hope everyone sees enhanced performance when using the forum.

Thanks! :)
          Looks good to me! Thanks for the extra juice

Although, I am still in the dark about exactly who would provide all this expensive bandwidth for free - and no advertisements - just so a pack of animals like us can go on and on about all this stuff
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter

Although, I am still in the dark about exactly who would provide all this expensive bandwidth for free - and no advertisements - just so a pack of animals like us can go on and on about all this stuff
            " (My typical substantive reply when I agree entirely.)

Comment

Thanks again Chris. :)
              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I can see it improved the performance a lot, from this side of the pond.
                A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

I just realized something and thought I should point it out so people won't think I'm a (complete) moron.
                  The WAB does have advertisements, but they are so small and discrete, I never even took note of them until a few seconds ago.
                  So much for attention to detail....

Anyway, we don't have screaming ads or pop-ups, so thank you to whoever our fairy godfather is
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

The web hosting for World Affairs Board is provided by Rochen Ltd. The Google advertisements you see at the top of the page help to fund the web hosting, vBulletin license costs, domain names etc. The rest of the bill is picked up by Rochen. Although the advertisements don't cover the entire site bill, they certainly help. We decided very early on that the advertisements would not be full blown banners and would be as discreet as possible for our members. You aren't going to start seeing things like massive popups or flashy irritating banners at WAB.

:)

- Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                      The web hosting for World Affairs Board is provided by Rochen Ltd. The Google advertisements you see at the top of the page help to fund the web hosting, vBulletin license costs, domain names etc. The rest of the bill is picked up by Rochen. Although the advertisements don't cover the entire site bill, they certainly help. We decided very early on that the advertisements would not be full blown banners and would be as discreet as possible for our members. You aren't going to start seeing things like massive popups or flashy irritating banners at WAB.

:)

- Chris

Thanks Chris

My overriding question though is WHY??
                      Why is some Good Samaritan shelling out his hard-earned cash for our debating pleasure?

Comment

Thanks Chris

My overriding question though is WHY??
                        Why is some Good Samaritan shelling out his hard-earned cash for our debating pleasure?
                        It's a right wing conspiracy of course ;)

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                          It's a right wing conspiracy of course ;)

Tophatter - Proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Comment

Wait a minute, Chris is from the UK, so maybe it's a left wing conspiracy

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                              Wait a minute, Chris is from the UK, so maybe it's a left wing conspiracy
                              Urmmmmm....You know, I was thinking the same thing....

Well, finally those capitalist pigs will pay for their crimes, eh, eh comrades, eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X