Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take the civic literacy test...

Ran across this nifty thing last nite.

I expect WABbers should knock this out of the park and probably throw thier stats out of whack for the month.

Civic Literacy Report - Civics Quiz

I scored this and yes...I'm bragging about it!!

Civics Quiz

You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

Average score for this quiz during August: 75.1%
    The most interesting thing about this is to explore the past findings of this survey.

Politicians are predominantly ignorant and almost half of Americans think it is the Presidents power to declare war!

Very interesting, a bit depressing, and highly supportive of my contention that MOST Americans are stupid! Btwn the public school system and the indoctrination centers(colleges and universities for those who don't get it) this is where we are at.

I missed the Puritan question:(

Comment

You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 %

I'm pretty glad, because a lot of this stuff I didn't learn in high school, since it's relevant to the US. 4 out of the 5 questions I got wrong had to do with US history.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Round up to a 91% for me. I learned most of this waaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... takes a breath.....wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the 7th grade. I went to a good public school then. I have to say I owe it all to a card carrying member and public school teacher whose only indoctrinating was presenting the facts.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Missed one more than last time. Last time I only got #30 wrong, and I still think I didn't get it wrong. :)

You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %

You can take the quiz as often as you like, however, your score will only count once toward the monthly average.

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email [email protected].

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

Where to from here?

Answers to Your Missed Questions:
          Question #30 - C. decreasing taxes and increasing spending
          Question #33 - D. tax per person equals government spending per person
          -dale

Comment

You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %

Oh well, at least I may have brought up the average .

Comment

Got one answer wrong (Lincoln debate), but at least with two questions it was mostly guessing.

Comment

29 correct.Now,do I qualify for citizenship,or should I just marry an American girl?
                Those who know don't speak
                He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %

I mis-read a question and cost me a correct answer. The other 2 were guesses.
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                    29 correct.Now,do I qualify for citizenship,or should I just marry an American girl?
                    Errr........ Both!
                    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                      IIRC, naturalized citizens scored higher than natural born citizens. Not surprising to me.

And yeah, do like Shamus said!;)

Comment

Nah,can't do that.I'm a loyal servant of my beloved and sh!tty motherland.Need to help her in the time of need or die trying.Btw,nice to meet some Americans who know more than drinking Coke and eating KFC
                        Those who know don't speak
                        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

You answered 32 out of 33 correctly — 96.97 %

Average score for this quiz during August: 75.2%

Lincoln v Douglas sank me.

Comment

I only got 29, I second guessed myself on one - the Gettysburg address and got it wrong when I changed the correct answer, the other three I was just wrong. The last one #33 was most embarassing - I must have been in a hurry to finish.
                            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

33/33 Last time I missed Gettysburg address. We've had a thread on this before- http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/ame...vics-quiz.html
                              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X