Stepping Down As Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepping Down As Admin

Well I never thought I'd be typing this out....

For quite some time, I've been considering my position here on the board. I've found that life is taking me away the WAB more and more.

With Parihaka's well-deserved promotion to Admin, I am going to step aside and allow the "next generation" of Staff members to assume the reins.

This is not goodbye, I'll still be checking on the board and posting etc, and who knows maybe I'll return to the Staff as my circumstances dictate as Julie has graciously done over the years.

It's been a genuine honor to be a member of the WAB Staff and I will always be proud of my service with some of the finest people I've ever met.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

You have to do this now. Months after I can no longer drink. Not before when I had my entire collection to celeberate your retirement! Damn kids.

But still, wow, this feels a shift in the reigns. Iain would do a fantastic job but you and I Joe were 2nd generation, this feels like the 3rd. Not a bad thing but damned, we are old.

Comment

Iain, you're a damned idiot ,,, but you have a choice from me, two virgin sheeps ... or a bottle of 16 yr Lugavulin.

Comment

Wow...uh...since Pari's going to be Admin, can I have the key to the cheetos stash ?

Just kidding....dang.....just can't find any words for this. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
          Wow...uh...since Pari's going to be Admin, can I have the key to the cheetos stash ?

Just kidding....dang.....just can't find any words for this. :(
          I know Julie, you were a mod before I cam aboard ,,, and it feels an entire shift is happening now. No, Iain will do a fantastic job but it feels like WAB just did a fundamental shift. I can't explain it. I felt it when I came on board but it feels exciting. It feels new. In short, Iain, you've just got shafted.

Comment

Well....... damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Iain, you're a damned idiot ,,, but you have a choice from me, two virgin sheeps ... or a bottle of 16 yr Lugavulin.
              I'll take the bottle of lugavulin, her indoors just wouldn't understand the sheep
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Remember guys, you're still around with most of your former functions still intact, Tops will still be zooming around (a little birdy tells me certain attractive outside interests are taking up more of his time) and of course Ironduke is still doin the business. And Colonel, yep you're right, I'm a damned idiot.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Gonna miss T.H. but he knows probably much better than I that WAB is an insidious disease which gets in your blood and never quite leaves. The Kiwi will be great so I fear not on that end.
                  "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                  "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Hmpf.....too much change lately.
                    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Wow. Indeed, end of an era. TopHatter, thankx for the years of time and effort you've put into the place.

Pari, this makes no difference, we're still gonna get on your case for no better reason other than because we can...
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

A job well done!

Thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post

Pari, this makes no difference, we're still gonna get on your case for no better reason other than because we can...
                          Speak for yourself.

I'm gonna be smooching Pari's rear end so much that all the sheeps around the world are going to be jealous.
                          Last edited by YellowFever; 23 Aug 10,, 07:19.

Comment

Loss... and a BIG one. First the Colonel and now you Top.
                            I really don't understand why you fossils can not keep the balance with the "outside entertainments" and WAB when gracious gentlemen like us are still ready to piggy back your combined royal asses. Just hope Matt continues till we last.

Top it up now.... a Kiwi of an Admin with a penchant for Virgin Sheeps?
                            God bless us and the WAB.
                            sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
                              Top it up now.... a Kiwi of an Admin with a penchant for Virgin Sheeps?
                              God bless us and the WAB.
                              But, but....it's change we can believe in !!

Comment

Working...
                              X