PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Down As Admin

TopHatter
23 Aug 10,, 05:16
Well I never thought I'd be typing this out....

For quite some time, I've been considering my position here on the board. I've found that life is taking me away the WAB more and more.

With Parihaka's well-deserved promotion to Admin, I am going to step aside and allow the "next generation" of Staff members to assume the reins.

This is not goodbye, I'll still be checking on the board and posting etc, and who knows maybe I'll return to the Staff as my circumstances dictate as Julie has graciously done over the years.

It's been a genuine honor to be a member of the WAB Staff and I will always be proud of my service with some of the finest people I've ever met.

Officer of Engineers
23 Aug 10,, 05:29
You have to do this now. Months after I can no longer drink. Not before when I had my entire collection to celeberate your retirement! Damn kids.

But still, wow, this feels a shift in the reigns. Iain would do a fantastic job but you and I Joe were 2nd generation, this feels like the 3rd. Not a bad thing but damned, we are old.

Officer of Engineers
23 Aug 10,, 05:31
Iain, you're a damned idiot ,,, but you have a choice from me, two virgin sheeps ... or a bottle of 16 yr Lugavulin.

Julie
23 Aug 10,, 05:32
Wow...uh...since Pari's going to be Admin, can I have the key to the cheetos stash ? :confused::biggrin:

Just kidding....dang.....just can't find any words for this. :redface::(

Officer of Engineers
23 Aug 10,, 05:36
Wow...uh...since Pari's going to be Admin, can I have the key to the cheetos stash ? :confused::biggrin:

Just kidding....dang.....just can't find any words for this. :redface::(I know Julie, you were a mod before I cam aboard ,,, and it feels an entire shift is happening now. No, Iain will do a fantastic job but it feels like WAB just did a fundamental shift. I can't explain it. I felt it when I came on board but it feels exciting. It feels new. In short, Iain, you've just got shafted.

Kansas Bear
23 Aug 10,, 06:26
Well....... damn. :frown:

Parihaka
23 Aug 10,, 06:37
Iain, you're a damned idiot ,,, but you have a choice from me, two virgin sheeps ... or a bottle of 16 yr Lugavulin.

I'll take the bottle of lugavulin, her indoors just wouldn't understand the sheep :biggrin:

Parihaka
23 Aug 10,, 06:41
Remember guys, you're still around with most of your former functions still intact, Tops will still be zooming around (a little birdy tells me certain attractive outside interests are taking up more of his time) and of course Ironduke is still doin the business. And Colonel, yep you're right, I'm a damned idiot.

S2
23 Aug 10,, 07:21
Gonna miss T.H. but he knows probably much better than I that WAB is an insidious disease which gets in your blood and never quite leaves. The Kiwi will be great so I fear not on that end.

Debbie
23 Aug 10,, 07:27
Hmpf.....too much change lately.

bigross86
23 Aug 10,, 07:58
Wow. Indeed, end of an era. TopHatter, thankx for the years of time and effort you've put into the place.

Pari, this makes no difference, we're still gonna get on your case for no better reason other than because we can...

YellowFever
23 Aug 10,, 08:04
A job well done!

Thankyou.

YellowFever
23 Aug 10,, 08:07
Pari, this makes no difference, we're still gonna get on your case for no better reason other than because we can...

Speak for yourself.

I'm gonna be smooching Pari's rear end so much that all the sheeps around the world are going to be jealous.

Deltacamelately
23 Aug 10,, 10:15
Loss... and a BIG one. First the Colonel and now you Top.:frown:
I really don't understand why you fossils can not keep the balance with the "outside entertainments" and WAB when gracious gentlemen like us are still ready to piggy back your combined royal asses.:mad: Just hope Matt continues till we last.

Top it up now.... a Kiwi of an Admin with a penchant for Virgin Sheeps?:eek:
God bless us and the WAB.

Julie
24 Aug 10,, 01:38
Top it up now.... a Kiwi of an Admin with a penchant for Virgin Sheeps?:eek:
God bless us and the WAB.But, but....it's change we can believe in !! :tongue:

sappersgt
24 Aug 10,, 04:14
TH, you can never be replaced only superseded.

ArmchairGeneral
24 Aug 10,, 04:32
Well, dang. :frown:

Bluesman
24 Aug 10,, 05:35
Your tenure was absolutely brilliant. This was one of the best moderated and well-run boards I've ever seen. I am awed by the work you did here, and I appreciate it all, and apologize for making your term harder than it had to be.

You, sir, are a gift to the Board. I honor you for your qualities and for what you gave to the rest of us that weren't willing to do what you did.

tankie
24 Aug 10,, 14:04
Your tenure was absolutely brilliant. This was one of the best moderated and well-run boards I've ever seen. I am awed by the work you did here, and I appreciate it all, and apologize for making your term harder than it had to be.

You, sir, are a gift to the Board. I honor you for your qualities and for what you gave to the rest of us that weren't willing to do what you did.

100% agreed , hang loose T/H stay chilled

bolo121
24 Aug 10,, 19:58
To quote everyone else: dang:frown:

USSWisconsin
24 Aug 10,, 20:51
TH, you can never be replaced only superseded.

My thoughts exactly, thanks for the great job

Albany Rifles
24 Aug 10,, 21:39
Job well done, thanks and appreciate all your hard work.

Now go drink something!

BD1
24 Aug 10,, 21:44
i thank you for the job you´ve done keeping the board so much above the rest forums i visit.

Julie
24 Aug 10,, 22:51
Haven't seen Pari in a couple of days since his promotion. I have all ideas he's running around naked somewhere. Guess I had better try to find him. :redface:

YellowFever
24 Aug 10,, 23:00
Haven't seen Pari in a couple of days since his promotion. I have all ideas he's running around naked somewhere. Guess I had better try to find him. :redface:

I located him. Didn't know he was in Oregon.....

TYLER THOMAS

An Oregon State offensive lineman has been kicked off the football team after being naked while breaking into a woman’s Corvalis home over the weekend.*Tyler Thomas was eventually tasered by local police.

The highlight of the police report: The completely naked Thomas “got into a three-point stance” before lunging at the officers. Who tased him.

Julie
24 Aug 10,, 23:18
Oh wow...they didn't happen to find any...uh...sheep did they? :confused: Poor Pari. Maybe we will hear from him soon. :redface:

BD1
24 Aug 10,, 23:51
last time i saw him was couple of hours ago on Music-thread, he was posting the Captain And Commander soundtrack.
:tongue::biggrin:

Julie
24 Aug 10,, 23:57
last time i saw him was couple of hours ago on Music-thread, he was posting the Captain And Commander soundtrack.
:tongue::biggrin:Uh-oh. :eek:

TopHatter
27 Aug 10,, 20:01
Thanks everybody, I really do appreciate all of the warm comments. Like I said, I'll still be around ;)

Albany Rifles
27 Aug 10,, 20:26
Are you still here? I thought you left!

TopHatter
27 Aug 10,, 22:57
Still around, not leaving the board itself ;)

dalem
28 Aug 10,, 00:04
Thanks TH!

-dale

IHM
28 Aug 10,, 00:25
Well, I'm not very active on this forum because of little access to internet; however, I gather from my little experience that this is highly well-maintained discussion board that evolves an excellent intellectual discourse on diverse global issues in proper decorum. I appreciate. Glad to get acquainted with American friends, especially Mr Steve. :)

What is more commendable is to see the "transfer of power" being carried out very smoothly on this board. There was no chaos, no bloodshed, no accusation of rigging, no demagoguery like Pakistan's Politics. :)

Congratulations to the NEW ADMIN.

dalem
28 Aug 10,, 07:09
Well, I'm not very active on this forum because of little access to internet; however, I gather from my little experience that this is highly well-maintained discussion board that evolves an excellent intellectual discourse on diverse global issues in proper decorum. I appreciate. Glad to get acquainted with American friends, especially Mr Steve. :)

What is more commendable is to see the "transfer of power" being carried out very smoothly on this board. There was no chaos, no bloodshed, no accusation of rigging, no demagoguery like Pakistan's Politics. :)

Congratulations to the NEW ADMIN.

That's just what Hitler would say.

-dale

chakos
30 Aug 10,, 10:08
Thanks for the time you put in Tophatter, appreciate it.

Wait a moment...

WAB is now run by a kiwi???

On behalf of all Australians i lodge a formal protest in the sternest possible diplomatic language noting my countries OUTRAGE (yes, in capitals even) to this snubbing of our great country in allowing a member of one of our colonies to rise to such a position without first allowing the Aussie members of this board to vet him for political reliability.

This is on par with some unknown from Kazakhstan being given the role of representing the USSR at the UN.

We condemn this in the strongest possible way.

(oh yeah and they shag sheep and cant play footy nor cricket so pfffft)

bigross86
30 Aug 10,, 10:19
But they can kick your asses at the Rugby, so it evens out

chakos
30 Aug 10,, 10:22
But they can kick your asses at the Rugby, so it evens out

Nah, we just let them. They whine enough as it is...

bigross86
30 Aug 10,, 11:35
Uh-huh. Keep telling yourself that...

Parihaka
30 Aug 10,, 13:45
Nah, we just let them. They whine enough as it is...

I thought it was the Pakistanis who let you win at cricket...:confused:

Julie
30 Aug 10,, 14:29
I thought it was the Pakistanis who let you win at cricket...:confused:It is. He is obviously confused. I recommend for him a 3-day counseling session on the subject, unless anyone else has a better idea. :tongue:

Deltacamelately
30 Aug 10,, 17:19
Yes! I have one.
Ask him to let the Karachi's host the Ashes, with him as a live spectator, with his flag on him. I am confident he would want to pet a Kiwi.

Edit: On a side note... Really, a Kiwi of an Admin?:eek:

667medic
30 Aug 10,, 19:03
Oh not again, first the Colonel and now TH :(

Julie
30 Aug 10,, 19:12
I don't think Pari should be underestimated. He might be a kiwi, but he is a UNIQUE kiwi. I can personally say that I have seen him float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. ;)

IHM
30 Aug 10,, 23:01
That's just what Hitler would say.

-dale

Reductio ad Hitlerum :)

IHM
30 Aug 10,, 23:05
I thought it was the Pakistanis who let you win at cricket...:confused:

LOL! Good satire! Now everyone would love to play Pakistan's cricket team because they will be defeated by gamblers even before the match starts. Now I seriously doubt the Aussie's talent in cricket after they won from Pakistan. :)

Parihaka
31 Aug 10,, 00:01
I don't think Pari should be underestimated. He might be a kiwi, but he is a UNIQUE kiwi. I can personally say that I have seen him float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. ;)

: parihakablushesmodestly :

Officer of Engineers
31 Aug 10,, 00:14
I don't have a need-to-know. I don't have a want-to-know.

chakos
31 Aug 10,, 03:58
So hes fast, has a tiny stinger and dies after using it.... right.....

YellowFever
31 Aug 10,, 05:17
Hmm... I'm more curious about him floating around like a butterfly...

Is there a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy in WAB?

Officer of Engineers
31 Aug 10,, 05:26
There is a "Shut the hell up" policy.

bigross86
31 Aug 10,, 07:27
Don't listen to the Colonel, Yellowbelly, he's imagining Pari at Chez Mado and is therefore a bit unfocused at the moment, and as a consequence his manners are slipping...