PDA

View Full Version : Pak arrests Taliban fighter

Asim Aquil
02 May 05,, 19:03
http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2005/05/02/pakistan_arrests_alleged_taliban_fighter/

but but but, I thought Pakistanis were all baaaaaad? :rolleyes:

hammer
02 May 05,, 19:12
http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2005/05/02/pakistan_arrests_alleged_taliban_fighter/

but but but, I thought Pakistanis were all baaaaaad? :rolleyes:

hehehe... Taliban arent useful to Pakistan anymore. and moreover big daddy :biggrin: is watching Pak closely. so its better to handover the thugs than lose the F-16's again.

Asim Aquil
02 May 05,, 20:19
Yes and it has nothingg to do with the secularization, progressivism and economical drive within Pakistan these days?

hammer
02 May 05,, 21:43
Yes and it has nothingg to do with the secularization, progressivism and economical drive within Pakistan these days?

progress and Economical drive in Pakistan is very much possible if the present Bonhomie holds on. I agree. But there will never be a secular Pakistan.

platinum786
02 May 05,, 23:19
progress and Economical drive in Pakistan is very much possible if the present Bonhomie holds on. I agree. But there will never be a secular Pakistan.

And thank god for that too.

Ray
03 May 05,, 05:03
Asim,

I am not going to wade through the forum, but somewhere you stated that Taleban are not terrorists.

So. what's up?

Here it indicates that the Taleban are terrorists and Pakistan is cracking on them.

Are they terrorist or are they good chaps being more sinned against than sinning?

Hari_Om
03 May 05,, 13:12
hehehe... Taliban arent useful to Pakistan anymore. and moreover big daddy :biggrin: is watching Pak closely. so its better to handover the thugs than lose the F-16's again.

Hammer,

Not “Big Daddy”, looks to me more like “Little Brother”.

The Afghans were very liberal with the use of a whip on Pakistan around a fortnight or so back. It may have goaded the Pakistani's into action.

The whip administered by Afghan Army General Shir Mohamed Karimi, who had this to say :

“All terrorists come from that side of the border. They fight in Afghanistan and when they face problems, they go back, get reinforced and equipped and come back for fighting,”

The place where the terrorists go back to, get reinforced and equipped is Pakistan according to General Karimi.

More of General Karimi’s statement is here. (http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=34305&version=1&template_id=41&parent_id=23)

Hari_Om
03 May 05,, 13:16
Asim,

I am not going to wade through the forum, but somewhere you stated that Taleban are not terrorists.........................

Ray,

To prempt any accusation that you made up the fact, here is the link (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/showpost.php?p=91636&postcount=10 the link ) to a statement by Asim Aquil which reads :

The Taliban were not terrorists

I fear you may in for a long wait.

Asim Aquil
03 May 05,, 13:28
technically they aren't, right? They aren't nice people. Its like the Nazis? Were they terrorists?

I fear you may in for a long wait.

10 minutes, I hope Ray didn't have to wait too long.

Ray
03 May 05,, 14:50
So, are the Taleban terrorists or are they the cute boys you claimed they are by stating "they are soooooooooo cute" or words to that effect?

Terrorists or cute boys?

I asked it "Yesterday, 11:03 PM" and you replied "Today, 07:28 AM".

And you replied to Hari Om as you had no options or else you would have replied long back. ;)

Asim Aquil
03 May 05,, 17:19
Oh yes, I forgot the company I'm with. You guys don't get common phrases, let alone sarcasm.

Well Ray, I replied as soon as I read it. Which is 10 minutes after Om's reply. Get real, will y'all?

Ray
03 May 05,, 18:15
Madrassa eduction can create confusion! ;)

platinum786
03 May 05,, 20:22
So, are the Taleban terrorists or are they the cute boys you claimed they are by stating "they are soooooooooo cute" or words to that effect?

Terrorists or cute boys?

I asked it "Yesterday, 11:03 PM" and you replied "Today, 07:28 AM".

And you replied to Hari Om as you had no options or else you would have replied long back. ;)
Asim, how dare you take so lon got reply, who the damned hell do you think you are? If ray can't have a life, neither can you!

Now stop interviewing Beyonce Knowles and talk to Ray
:tongue: :eek:

With regards to taliban and terrorists, the Taliban are an organisation, this organisation is a political entity within Afghanistan, it is not a terrorist organisation. If some mebers take part in terrorist activities, what can Taliban HQ do about that?

And assume for one minute they are terrorists, and asim said they wheren't and has now cahnged his mind, who cares, he is young, allowed to form opinions, he is not old and stuff in this big hole he has dug himself called life.

bull
04 May 05,, 06:48
Asim, how dare you take so lon got reply, who the damned hell do you think you are? If ray can't have a life, neither can you!

Now stop interviewing Beyonce Knowles and talk to Ray
:tongue: :eek:

With regards to taliban and terrorists, the Taliban are an organisation, this organisation is a political entity within Afghanistan, it is not a terrorist organisation. If some mebers take part in terrorist activities, what can Taliban HQ do about that?

And assume for one minute they are terrorists, and asim said they wheren't and has now cahnged his mind, who cares, he is young, allowed to form opinions, he is not old and stuff in this big hole he has dug himself called life.

Taleban is not an an organistion its a bunch of ineducated,ruthless people. They are misguided,they screwed up a relegion,islam and gave it a fundemental/radical colour.They are worser than terrorists.

platinum786
04 May 05,, 08:54
fair call.

lemontree
04 May 05,, 16:45

Good...your slip keeps showing up too!
Why hand over the Al Qaida guy to the US, he is linked to the attacks on Pres Musharraf?....oh I forgot...no guts.

Asim Aquil
04 May 05,, 16:56
Taleban is not an an organistion its a bunch of ineducated,ruthless people. They are misguided,they screwed up a relegion,islam and gave it a fundemental/radical colour.They are worser than terrorists.
"Worser" than terrorists, may be the correct way of putting it. But they don't really fit the profile as a militant organization out to unleash terror on civillians. Hence I say they're no terrorists, they were a Government that controlled 90% of Afghanistan. Did they suck at governance? If they did, that doesn't make them a terrorist organization. AQ is. Taliban is not, but immorally at par or worse. So? Who got all that?

Ray
04 May 05,, 18:39
That is a nice distinction. Violent and militant but not terrorists.

Could be then common criminals, since criminals can be violent and militant but not carry the bag od idelology?

But I thought Taleban carried an overdose in their bag of ideology as do the terrorists.

Ray
04 May 05,, 18:41
Plat,

I like you contention that being young is licence to be a yahoo.

Asim Aquil
04 May 05,, 19:03
they aren't/weren't militant, though. I refuted that claim. Now maybe, since they aren't a government any more. But now they've probably intermingled with AQ, which is a terror organization.

Ray
04 May 05,, 19:05
No wonder you have the makings of a good journalist! ;)

Neither here , nor there but everywhere!

Leave it to the reader and his bias! ;)

Asim Aquil
04 May 05,, 19:21
haha, I'll take that as a compliment. I also greatly aspire a career in Politics.

On a more serious note. I reserve myself from making claims, since these are very complex and ever changing situations. A claim will hold you liable, and is forever (diamonds too). Wording is everything. As you said, the problem comes with the reader's bias. So he or she would try to establish that missing bottom line by simplifying a very complex situation. So what should you do? Simply be aware of it.

Andaz apne dekhte hain aaine main woh
Aur yeh bhi dekhte hain ke koi dekhta na ho

Thori si jo peeli hai, Daaka toh nahi daala
Chori toh nahi ki hai... Hungama hai kyun barpa?

Gustakhi maaf, magar chotohn se bhi sabak le lete hain, every now and then.

Ray
04 May 05,, 20:14
Politics is the refuge of all scoundrels.

Some journalists are real scoundrels.

Asim Aquil
05 May 05,, 08:48
Thats a typical opinion of all military men. It's a tough job, but someones gotta do it.

bull
05 May 05,, 10:24
Thats a typical opinion of all military men. It's a tough job, but someones gotta do it.

yeah same as journalists say the most difficultjob is of the trader!!! ;)

Asim Aquil
05 May 05,, 15:52
:rolleyes:

Samudra
06 May 05,, 12:51
Some journalists are real scoundrels.

So true Sir !

lemontree
06 May 05,, 18:38
"Worser" than terrorists, may be the correct way of putting it. But they don't really fit the profile as a militant organization out to unleash terror on civillians. Hence I say they're no terrorists, they were a Government that controlled 90% of Afghanistan. Did they suck at governance? If they did, that doesn't make them a terrorist organization. AQ is. Taliban is not, but immorally at par or worse. So? Who got all that?
The Taliban aided and abetted terrorists so that makes them terrorists.

Jay
06 May 05,, 18:40
how about them destroying Bahmian Buddha statues, killing and maiming hundreds of people who didnt follow their draconian rules. I would say they are more like genociders rather than describing them as terrorists.

Bearded dýck heads!!

Asim Aquil
06 May 05,, 20:56
how about them destroying Bahmian Buddha statues, killing and maiming hundreds of people who didnt follow their draconian rules. I would say they are more like genociders rather than describing them as terrorists.

Bearded dýck heads!!
Also true. But not terrorists. And they were also a government with control of 95% of Afghanistan.

Wording is everything.

bull
07 May 05,, 08:01
Also true. But not terrorists. And they were also a government with control of 95% of Afghanistan.

Wording is everything.

Asim,just bcoz you control an area doesnt make them a govt.it makes it a dictatorship or plunderor.Now if tomorroe bugti takes control of that area which pak army cant eneter what will you call him a govt?NO atleast i wont.
Dont know how u r going to deal with it.

Asim Aquil
07 May 05,, 10:28
Taliban also enjoyed the support of the Pashtuns which make up for 65% of Afghanistan's population.

and thanks for the wish. Waiting for my family to land, big family reunion today.

Ray
08 May 05,, 10:50
I am becoming sceptical if they are Talebans being arrested or some old poor joe reported by a neighbour out of jealousy.

After all, all that tomtoming about Tabliban Boss #3 has turned out to be a damp squib if timesonline is to be believed that was posted in another thread.

Ah but then it is the "foul western imperialist press", right?

Asim Aquil
08 May 05,, 11:10
Anyone can speculate, evidence is what counts. They did catch a lot of AQ on the basis of that guys intel.

Ray
08 May 05,, 11:42
Indeed evidence! ;)

Asim Aquil
08 May 05,, 11:47
Well the US and Pakistani forces back each other's claims. They're interrogating the crap out of him as well. They've also nabbed a whole lot of AQ, intel gained through Libbi, I'd say thats more than enough evidence to not raise any fingers till any reason to do so is produced forward. Western Press has reported in favor of these claims a whole lot more too.

Ray
08 May 05,, 12:03
Asim,

Google and check.

Asim Aquil
08 May 05,, 13:13
yeah I read something on mistaken identity. But lol, that article doesn't exist any more :D

I'm sure someone must've opined like that too. But did he or she present any evidence?

Ray
08 May 05,, 20:39
Go to the Political sub forum. Its gone international! ;) :)

I think it is there.