Favorite scene from a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite scene from a movie

Maybe I should've put this in the youtube video section but I was reading an old thread, "favorite movies" and I was wondering......what are your favorite scenes from a movie?

My favorite two are:

Apocalypse Now

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

(Five whole minutes with no dialogue whatsoever. Sergio Leone in all his glory. :)) )
    Last edited by YellowFever; 20 Jul 10,, 06:47.

It is hard to top Apocalypse Now, here is another one.

from Lord of war

Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947. More commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAHXosoNlvo
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Comment

These Aren't Bad

and one that's long been a favorite (and an utterly inspiring score!)

ZAPOROZTI!!!

"This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

A Couple More Personal Favorites

Go figure...

"Smokey, this is not Nam. This is bowling. There are rules..."

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Zulu

Good manly stuff here. Men Of Harlech. Carnage, blood and cold steel-

Last edited by S2; 20 Jul 10,, 09:53.

Comment

Gladiator & Henry V

The Battle For Germania-

Saint Crispin,

We few...We happy few. We band of brothers...

Comment

Tarek Morgen Reply

Non Nobis, Domine

It IS beautiful...isn't it?

Comment

What makes the scene even more powerful is that until this shot the whole movie was done like a stage play. No Camera movements or large sets. For the first and only time the camera starts moving and we get a 5 minute long scene showing the battlefield without a single cut in it, despite having over a hundred people in the scene.

Since I read Henry V I knew the speeches and even while in the play he declares after the battle:

Do we all holy rites;
                  Let there be sung 'Non nobis' and 'Te Deum;'
                  The dead with charity enclosed in clay:
                  And then to Calais; and to England then:
                  Where ne'er from France arrived more happy men.
                  It is only in the 89 Version that we actually see (and hear them) doing it. It quite surprised (in a positive manner) when I saw it the first time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
                      It is hard to top Apocalypse Now, here is another one.

from Lord of war

Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947. More commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the world's most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it; and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar, and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure, no one was lining up to buy their cars.
                      Just a slight nit-pick here. The AK was designed to be built using stamped steel. Most were except for an early batch in the 1950s built using machined receiver. The Soviet Union didn't have the equipment to mass produce stamped parts at that time. And the AK does overheat. I have seen videos on youtube where the front hand guard caught fire from the red hot barrel.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

From The 13th Warrior...

Last edited by sappersgt; 20 Jul 10,, 19:08.
                        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

I'm at work so I can't dig through youtube...
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

[QUOTE=S-2;748299]Go figure...

Where's an ATM when ya need one!
                            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

This is my newest fave scene from a western. I also think it is one of the best shootouts(subject for another thread of course)...........

Comment

Working...
                              X