PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Immigrants Raped 14-Year-Old Texas Girl at July 4th Party

troung
14 Jul 10,, 03:29
Police: Illegal Immigrants Raped 14-Year-Old Texas Girl at July 4th Party

Published July 13, 2010

| FoxNews.com

FOXNews.com - Police: Illegal Immigrants Raped 14-Year-Old Texas Girl at July 4th Party (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/13/police-illegal-immigrants-rape-year-old-texas-girl-july-th-party/?test=latestnews)

Anael Martinez, left, and Anibal Escobar, right, have been charged with the rape of a 14-year-old Texas girl. The two suspects told Texas police they are illegal immigrants from Honduras.

A pair of illegal immigrants raped a 14-year-old Texas girl at July 4th party in Texas, where the teen was later found sitting naked in a bathtub, police said.

The victim told police that she went to an Independence Day party with her cousin in Horseshoe Bay, Tex., about 40 miles northwest of Austin, where she was left in a room with Anibal Escobar, 19, and Anael Martinez, 22, MyFoxAustin reported.

The two Honduran natives, who told police they are in the U.S. illegally, made advances at the victim and then raped her, she told police. The victim’s cousin discovered her in the bathtub and brought her home.

Escobar and Martinez were arrested early in the morning on July 9 and face felony charges of aggravated sexual assault, MyFoxAustin reported. Local investigators contacted Texas Rangers to assist in their investigation and translate, as none of the witnesses at the party or the suspects spoke English.

Julie
14 Jul 10,, 03:59
The illegal immigrants have no idea what the word "illegal" means. :mad:

YellowFever
14 Jul 10,, 04:42
Obviously, not all illegals behave this way and this can passed off as a couple of criminals that happened to be illegals.

What really bothered me about this article is:

"....Local investigators contacted Texas Rangers to assist in their investigation and translate, as none of the witnesses at the party or the suspects spoke English."

Deltacamelately
14 Jul 10,, 06:59
These are times when Saudi style Sharia laws come to mind.:mad:

ROB
14 Jul 10,, 07:12
Cos that's what illegal immigrants do.

They rape people.

And eat babies.

Gun Grape
14 Jul 10,, 07:31
Unlike real Americans.

Real Americans beat their 6 yr old kid for 8 hours until he goes into seizures and dies.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/world-affairs-board-pub/56019-texas-man-charged-beating-death-6-yr-old-son.html

They are both scum. Both deserve whatever prison brings them.

Most illegals are like most legals. Obey the law and stay under the radar.

But there are scum everywhere.

dave lukins
14 Jul 10,, 07:38
Cos that's what illegal immigrants do.

They rape people.

And eat babies.

These two miscreants raped a 14 year old. Texas and Texans don't take kindly to anyone raping a minor, illegal or not, and their sentence will bear proof to that.

ROB
14 Jul 10,, 08:02
These two miscreants raped a 14 year old. Texas and Texans don't take kindly to anyone raping a minor, illegal or not, and their sentence will bear proof to that.
And I sure as shit ain't defending them. I am however making a comment on the reporting.

Why emphasize their immigration status in the headline of the article other than to pander to bigotry?

It's the kind of reporting we will look back at in 50 years and cringe at.

kato
14 Jul 10,, 08:55
These two miscreants raped a 14 year old.
Which has yet to be proven in the first place, because so far we have nothing but her side. In dubio pro reo.

Why emphasize their immigration status in the headline of the article other than to pander to bigotry?
Press over here has a codex, part of which it is not to report a suspect's nationality or ethnicity unless relevant to the case. Or run photos of subjects.
Then again Fox News is the all-around equivalent to Germany's Springer press (okay - Fox News is the harmless one in the comparison), which doesn't keep to the above codex either, and is reprimanded for violations of it about 3-4 times per week.

Local investigators contacted Texas Rangers to assist in their investigation and translate

Or in other words, the local sheriff department doesn't have a single Hispanic person, or anyone who even speaks a single second language.

tankie
14 Jul 10,, 09:59
Kato my friend , your 2nd qoute is by ROB , not Dave , do we still have gremlins in the system ? ;)

dave lukins
14 Jul 10,, 13:00
Which has yet to be proven in the first place, because so far we have nothing but her side. In dubio pro reo.

Indeed. Innocent until proven guilty. Perhaps it would be better to omit all names by the media to protect the innocent on both sides? Once the case is over then only the names of the guilty are reported. Innocent people who have been named prior to a case are sometimes still 'guilty' in the eyes of their community (no smoke without fire).

TopHatter
14 Jul 10,, 13:32
Kato my friend , your 2nd qoute is by ROB , not Dave , do we still have gremlins in the system ? ;)

Don't think it's gremlins, just an honest typing mistake (I've done that myself a few times). Fixed it :)

Tarek Morgen
14 Jul 10,, 13:52
. Innocent people who have been named prior to a case are sometimes still 'guilty' in the eyes of their community (no smoke without fire).

I fear you can exchange sometimes with almost always, even more so if it is about an alleged sex scrime

Blue
14 Jul 10,, 14:10
The victim told police that she went to an Independence Day party with her cousin in Horseshoe Bay, Tex., about 40 miles northwest of Austin, where she was left in a room with Anibal Escobar, 19, and Anael Martinez, 22, MyFoxAustin reported.

Hey! I think I'll leave my 14 yr old cousin in a (assume hotel room) with two guys. What a great idea! what could possibly happen?...................... Stupid asses!

Escobar and Martinez were arrested early in the morning on July 9 and face felony charges of aggravated sexual assault, MyFoxAustin reported. Local investigators contacted Texas Rangers to assist in their investigation and translate, as none of the witnesses at the party or the suspects spoke English. Not a surprise, but at least they where celebrating OUR independence day!;)

Blademaster
14 Jul 10,, 14:41
The way that the Fox News have reported this has rendered that newspaper forever bias and with an agenda. I cannot trust Fox news anymore. It has become a big joke.

bonehead
14 Jul 10,, 16:29
Unlike real Americans.

Real Americans beat their 6 yr old kid for 8 hours until he goes into seizures and dies.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/world-affairs-board-pub/56019-texas-man-charged-beating-death-6-yr-old-son.html

They are both scum. Both deserve whatever prison brings them.

Most illegals are like most legals. Obey the law and stay under the radar.

But there are scum everywhere.

Gungrape. If they obeyed the law they would not be here illegally in the first place. One thing we can agree on. We have enough scumbags here already and we do not need anymore. Yet another good reason to close the border for "general admission" and only allow the better people in.

dave lukins
14 Jul 10,, 21:08
They better hope they don't get this Judge

In 1994 Oklahoma rapist Darron Bennalford Anderson received a 2,200-year jail sentence. When he appealed and won a new trial, he was convicted again and resentenced to more than 90 additional centuries behind bars - including 4,000 years each for rape and sodomy, 1,750 years for kidnapping, 1,000 years for burglary and robbery, and 500 years for grand larceny.

In July 1997, the state Court of Criminal Appeals held that the grand larceny charge was double jeopardy on the robbery conviction and thus dismissed it. So the court cut Anderson's sentence by 500 years, speeding up his release date to the year 12,744!
:eek:

Julie
14 Jul 10,, 21:52
That's EXACTLY what Judge they need and we need more of those Judges to deal with these scumbags. :mad:

Tarek Morgen
15 Jul 10,, 03:20
including 4,000 years each for rape and sodomy

wait...what? "Sodomy" is a crime in the US? I mean, sure lock up raptist...but because of sodomy??

chakos
15 Jul 10,, 05:42
wait...what? "Sodomy" is a crime in the US? I mean, sure lock up raptist...but because of sodomy??

I think its more along the lines of anal rape... although could be wrong... sodomy could actually be illegal, even with women.

Tarek Morgen
15 Jul 10,, 07:26
I looked it up, until 2003, a lot of states (mostly in the south) punished sodomy (with varying definition, from homosexual-sex, to analsex regardless of the genders and a few others) with penatlies that ranged from fines to life imprisonment for "repeat offenders".

in 2003 those laws were overturned by the surpreme court but there are several groups trying to reintroduce them. The Texas GOP apparrantly adopted a new platform recently that calls for the recriminalisation for sodomy...

tankie
15 Jul 10,, 12:19
They better hope they don't get this Judge

In 1994 Oklahoma rapist Darron Bennalford Anderson received a 2,200-year jail sentence. When he appealed and won a new trial, he was convicted again and resentenced to more than 90 additional centuries behind bars - including 4,000 years each for rape and sodomy, 1,750 years for kidnapping, 1,000 years for burglary and robbery, and 500 years for grand larceny.

In July 1997, the state Court of Criminal Appeals held that the grand larceny charge was double jeopardy on the robbery conviction and thus dismissed it. So the court cut Anderson's sentence by 500 years, speeding up his release date to the year 12,744!
:eek:

Why not just top the **** .

ROB
17 Jul 10,, 07:23
Gungrape. If they obeyed the law they would not be here illegally in the first place. One thing we can agree on. We have enough scumbags here already and we do not need anymore. Yet another good reason to close the border for "general admission" and only allow the better people in.

There is a fair distance between crossing a border to seek a better life for your family and raping a child.

YellowFever
17 Jul 10,, 07:39
There is a fair distance between crossing a border to seek a better life for your family and raping a child.

bonehead never said there isn't a fair distance between them.

So we should ignore the illegals coming into this land because there are rapes and other horrible crimes going on in this country?

bigross86
17 Jul 10,, 09:05
Lemme ask a question: Honestly, how hard is it to build a 20 foot wall all across the border? I know that the US has the economic capabilities to do it. Question is, do they have the stones politically.

Israel put up their wall, and terrorist attacks dropped at a ferocious rate.

YellowFever
17 Jul 10,, 09:10
No they do not have the stones.

The state of our country's politics is such that one party will accuse the other party of racism if they so much as think about building a wall.

These d*cks only think about their political careers and the well being of the United States comes a distant second in their "things to do" list.

Gun Grape
18 Jul 10,, 05:46
Lemme ask a question: Honestly, how hard is it to build a 20 foot wall all across the border? I know that the US has the economic capabilities to do it. Question is, do they have the stones politically.

Israel put up their wall, and terrorist attacks dropped at a ferocious rate.

Have you seen the pictures of Illegals climbing over the wall where it is installed on the US border? It doesn't do any good.

We don't have IDF soldiers shooting people that climb over the wall either. Big difference.

bigross86
18 Jul 10,, 16:34
That is the same question of does the US have the stones for it. Apparently they don't.

We've made it very clear: You jump over the wall, hop the fence or dig a tunnel underneath, we will shoot you. The Palestinians know that the IDF will go through with it and will shoot them, so the numbers were reduced almost overnight.

You don't even really need to shoot someone to make an example of it, it's the same thing as the harbor mining principle: All you need is one mine and a press conference.

Gun Grape
18 Jul 10,, 17:44
That is the same question of does the US have the stones for it. Apparently they don't.

We've made it very clear: You jump over the wall, hop the fence or dig a tunnel underneath, we will shoot you. The Palestinians know that the IDF will go through with it and will shoot them, so the numbers were reduced almost overnight.

You don't even really need to shoot someone to make an example of it, it's the same thing as the harbor mining principle: All you need is one mine and a press conference.

I hope we never "Have the stones" for that.

bigross86
18 Jul 10,, 18:03
I can understand where you're coming from, and it's due to the fundamental difference between the two situations. When they're climbing over your wall, they're looking for work, and perhaps for crime, i.e., drugs. When they're climbing over our wall, they're most probably climbing for the sole purpose of killing.

Maybe that's why we're a lot lighter on the trigger when it comes to people trying to cross our borders illegally.

I also hope you never need to get to that situation

bonehead
18 Jul 10,, 19:41

So is a street pusher OK in your book until he rapes a kid? How about a bank robber? Car jacker? At what point does illegal means illegal?
How many come in for a better life and how many come in to cause trouble? That is why it is best to have them come in through check points so they can be checked out rather than "at will" which is happening now. Even those coming in with "good intent" does not always have the best health which is also a serious concern. We do not need to be put at risk because of a antibiotic resistant disease or because some one did not get all the shots they were supposed to in their own country.

dave lukins
18 Jul 10,, 19:51
Have you seen the pictures of Illegals climbing over the wall where it is installed on the US border? It doesn't do any good.

It would if there was half a million volts running through it;) Joking....honest

bonehead
18 Jul 10,, 19:58
I say a properly built wall does help. It does slow the crossing procedure and puts a stop to those driving large amounts of drugs/illegals over the border. If we even slow the flow by 50% it would be a victory. In the end however, If we do lack the stones to defend nothing will work. We may as well begin proceedings to cede parts or all of our country to Mexico which is not too shy about taking it.
At this point there is no middle ground. It is a winner take all scenario and if we wish to keep what is ours there will have to be bloodshed. A unified show of force is the only way Mexico will learn that what they have done the last decades will no longer be tolerated. How much blood is spilled depends on how quickly we act. If we act soon the losses on both sides will be minimal and the fighting will be mostly along the border. If we wait a couple more decades we will have major blood shedding events throughout the states. We can end this problem today or we can do nothing and let our children face the even bigger problem in the future.

Gun Grape
18 Jul 10,, 20:22
So is a street pusher OK in your book until he rapes a kid? How about a bank robber? Car jacker? At what point does illegal means illegal?
How many come in for a better life and how many come in to cause trouble? That is why it is best to have them come in through check points so they can be checked out rather than "at will" which is happening now. Even those coming in with "good intent" does not always have the best health which is also a serious concern. We do not need to be put at risk because of a antibiotic resistant disease or because some one did not get all the shots they were supposed to in their own country.

How about comparing like crimes. Illegal Entry into the US is punishable by "Not more than 6 months in jail" with a civil penalty of "at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry"

8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien (http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/8/12/II/VIII/1325)

Illegal entry doesn't rise to the level of car jacking or dope dealing..

Its right up there with littering.

As for not getting all the right shots. Should we deport the US citizens that refuse to get their children immunized? Or take antibiotics for every little sniffle which leads to antibiotic resistant diseases?

You are right. It would be great if they all came through the checkpoints legally. But without a work visa program, the chances of them being able to do that are slim and none.

bonehead
18 Jul 10,, 23:56
How about comparing like crimes. Illegal Entry into the US is punishable by "Not more than 6 months in jail" with a civil penalty of "at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry"

8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien (http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/8/12/II/VIII/1325)

Illegal entry doesn't rise to the level of car jacking or dope dealing..

Its right up there with littering.

As for not getting all the right shots. Should we deport the US citizens that refuse to get their children immunized? Or take antibiotics for every little sniffle which leads to antibiotic resistant diseases?

You are right. It would be great if they all came through the checkpoints legally. But without a work visa program, the chances of them being able to do that are slim and none.

Yeah. I really do not know of very many instances where people break into another country to litter:rolleyes: Still, if you can show me where littering takes up as much public resources, schools healthcare, law enforcement, etc, as illegals, I would like to see it.

We do have a work visa program. Those responsible use it. Everyone else is skirting the law, pure and simple. Whether or not the visa program should be expanded is another story. One of the issues with the work visa is that we want the cream of the crop so the dregs of society find it hard to get in. However those dregs are the majority of those sneaking in.

As usual, this is another law that should have been enforced from the beginning."US Code section 1325" I would like to add that those convicted of such crimes are ineligible to gain lawful entry and/or citizenship.

Preventing and Controlling Tuberculosis Along the U.S.-Mexico Border (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5001a1.htm) Is just one look at TB. Resistant TB is a very real concern. The difference here is that the incident of many immunized diseases in the U.S. is so low that an unimmunized person may never be exposed, and if exposed, it could be easily treatable. That can not be compared to other countries where resistant forms of the disease are far more prevalent and a much higher population has active outbreaks. FYI taking antibiotics incorrectly is a huge problem with making organisms resistant. People do not die from sniffles, but if they over take antibiotics and/or use them for the wrong reasons they end up rendering the antibiotics useless. Then the next resistant virulent bacteria that comes along could easily kill.

Blue
19 Jul 10,, 15:30
I can understand where you're coming from, and it's due to the fundamental difference between the two situations. When they're climbing over your wall, they're looking for work, and perhaps for crime, i.e., drugs. When they're climbing over our wall, they're most probably climbing for the sole purpose of killing.

Maybe that's why we're a lot lighter on the trigger when it comes to people trying to cross our borders illegally.

I also hope you never need to get to that situation

But on the other hand, unchecked, our situation could turn into your situation. It has already become a problem to a degree with the armed squads of bandits/drug smugglers and even incursions by the Mexican miliary(bandits/drug smugglers).

Those particular threats should be met with immediate, overwhelming force, IMO. Crack down on all of them, annihilate the ones that shoot first.

Aryajet
19 Jul 10,, 16:33
Local investigators contacted Texas Rangers to assist in their investigation and translate

Or in other words, the local sheriff department doesn't have a single Hispanic person, or anyone who even speaks a single second language.
That might have some thing to do with demographics.

Horseshoe Bay is basically the playground of Elite with luxurious waterfront mansions, lush gardens, manicured gulf courses, high class restaurants and hotels, you name it.
Local sheriff depart. won't say a word even if they were absolutely fluent in Spanish.:D

kato
19 Jul 10,, 23:37
We do have a work visa program. Those responsible use it.
Hmmm, while we're talking about hurdles...

US Visum application form:

- freaking complicated online application only ("Paperwork Reduction Act")
- available in English only, other languages via tooltip
- cost: 140 Dollar
- requires filing appointment
- processing time: "5-7 days" minimum (after filing appointment)

Schengen Visum application form

- 3 pages to fill out
- available in about any language on the planet
- cost: 78 Dollar
- can be filed at any time during consulate office hours
- processing time: 2 days minimum

PRC Visum application form:

- 2 pages to fill out
- available in Chinese and English
- cost: 117 Dollar (for US citizens), 39 Dollar (anyone else)
- can be filed at any time during consulate office hours
- processing time: 4 days minimum (for US citizens), 1 day minimum (anyone else)

Note: Above is for non-immigrant visa in all cases.

And yes, it is easier to get a visum for the PRC than for the USA.

bigross86
19 Jul 10,, 23:50
Yeah, so?

What's your solution? Make the paperwork easier so more people can come? That sort of defeats the purpose of the paperwork, which is to act as a preliminary filter to weed out the undesirables.

I got a work visa for Australia answered in a total of approximately 2 minutes, the time it took between when I sent in the forms and got responses. Australia still has an illegal immigration problem, though granted not as bad as the US's problem, since Australia happens to be surrounded by a very large body of water.

Aryajet
20 Jul 10,, 03:31
It took me 9 month of paperwork, phone calls, back & forth correspondence, waiting in endless lines, interviews, mandatory (and understandable) medical check up, $900 worth of fees and provisions, around $8000 worth of (frugal) living expenses in the host country to achieve this and I don't regret a bit of it. Now I'm a U.S Citizen and proud of it, I think I earned it.
If you hate paperwork and waiting in line, then you won't make it.

Blue
20 Jul 10,, 15:11
It took me 9 month of paperwork, phone calls, back & forth correspondence, waiting in endless lines, interviews, mandatory (and understandable) medical check up, $900 worth of fees and provisions, around $8000 worth of (frugal) living expenses in the host country to achieve this and I don't regret a bit of it. Now I'm a U.S Citizen and proud of it, I think I earned it.
If you hate paperwork and waiting in line, then you won't make it.

That exactly what I was going to ask you and glad to have you here brother! I have known over my life many immigrants. IMO, legal immigrants, who have worked hard to get here, make some of the best Americans I have ever met. They know real hardship and oppression and have such an appreciation for what this country really has to offer. Not welfare, but opportunity, freedom to choose, freedom to succeed or fail. Its all what YOU make it here.

Stories like yours inspires me and props up what little faith I have left that the true American way, will survive.

Now the hard part starts as it is for all of us here, keeping our country free.;)

ROB
03 Aug 10,, 05:08
So we should ignore the illegals coming into this land because there are rapes and other horrible crimes going on in this country?

Why yes. That's what I meant.

It's as if you can see straight into my heart. :rolleyes:

ROB
03 Aug 10,, 05:09

Why yes, all those guys are awesome. I love them.

You should too.

bonehead
03 Aug 10,, 05:15
ROB. Were you in the Hobbit.... as Troll #2?

ROB
03 Aug 10,, 05:17
ROB. Were you in the Hobbit.... as Troll #2?

Naah, I was the Straw Man in The Wiz, apparently.