PDA

View Full Version : Texas man charged in beating death of 6-yr-old son

troung
12 Jul 10,, 18:56
Texas man charged in beating death of 6-yr-old son

(AP) – 17 minutes ago

HOUSTON — A Houston man who beat his 6-year-old son for eight hours until the boy went into a seizure and died has been charged in the child's killing, police said Monday.

Alex Duncan, 34, is charged with murder and his girlfriend, 30-year-old Tammyra Lanette Sampson, who witnessed the beating early Sunday, is charged with injury to a child by omission, police said.

Both defendants are being held on a $50,000 bond.

Tekerrious "T.K." Jackson lived with his mother but was spending the summer with his father, police said.

Saturday night, Duncan was angry because T.K. wouldn't go to sleep so he made the boy kneel with his arms extended in front of him for eight hours, Sgt. Brian Harris said. Whenever T.K. lowered his arms, Duncan delivered a "flurry of punches" to the boy's chest and body as part of what Duncan called "chest boxing," according to the police report.

Duncan refused to allow T.K. to go to the bathroom, and beat the boy after he urinated on himself, according to court records.

Duncan told investigators he beat his son to teach him how to "man up," police said.

Sampson told police that at one point she stopped Duncan from beating his son so she could show him "how to properly discipline a child with a belt," police said. She said she had witnessed other attacks in the past several days.

The child was rushed to the hospital after he appeared to have a seizure. Police said Duncan told investigators the boy's bruising came from attempts to revive him by slapping him and giving him chest thrusts.

Sampson's daughter, an 11-year-old girl who was not named, told police that Duncan forced her to watch the beatings for several days. The girl is now staying with her grandmother, police said.

T.K.'s mother, Lucy Adams, told reporters she would be forever tormented by the fact she let her son go away for the summer to get to know his biological father.

"If I would've known, I swear to God, I wouldn't have ever brought my baby there to begin with," Adams said. "If he was that much trouble, all he had to do was call me and I would've gone and gotten my baby."

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

bigross86
12 Jul 10,, 19:08
OK, so now let's do the same thing to the father. Of course, since he's older and bigger, we'll upgrade his to 8 days instead of 8 hours.

Asswipe. Big man, proving you can beat up a 6 year old kid? Enjoy your time in jail, fcukwad...

gunnut
12 Jul 10,, 19:34
He will get his in the jail. The inmates aren't too kind to those who abuse children. At least the prison population has one thing right.

dave lukins
12 Jul 10,, 21:27
He will get his in the jail. The inmates aren't too kind to those who abuse children. At least the prison population has one thing right.

Let's hope Texas uses it's death penalty policy and safe the taxpayers some hard earned $$$

Dreadnought
12 Jul 10,, 22:56
Let's hope Texas uses it's death penalty policy and safe the taxpayers some hard earned $$$

Agreed, he deserves nothing more and for it to be carried out immediately. There is no way to fix monsters that would treat a child like that. POS!:mad:

"Both defendants are being held on a $50,000 bond."

You have to be kidding me!:mad:

USSWisconsin
12 Jul 10,, 23:20
Agreed, he deserves nothing more and for it to be carried out immediately. There is no way to fix monsters that would treat a child like that. POS!:mad:

I agree, too bad they can't keelhual the tough guy -- nice and slow - on the most barnacled old hull they can find, being careful to go over the condesor gratings-- if the first pass doesn't get the point across- practice makes perfect:mad:

crooks
12 Jul 10,, 23:23

It costs multiple times more to execute than life imprisionment, so the savvy taxpayer will be looking for life without parole, not the death penalty.

bigross86
12 Jul 10,, 23:34
How do you figure 2 minutes worth of electricity is more expensive than 30+ years of 3 square meals a day, cable TV, air con in the summer and heating in the winter?

gunnut
12 Jul 10,, 23:42
How do you figure 2 minutes worth of electricity is more expensive than 30+ years of 3 square meals a day, cable TV, air con in the summer and heating in the winter?

Because to get to that 2 minutes of electricity, or 5 rounds of ammo, or gas, or a noose, we have to provide 10 to 30 years of 3 squares a day, cable tv, air con, heating, plumbing, and education (we shouldn't stop a prisoner from bettering himself) while endless of automatic appeals are filed by law.

Cheapest way is to convict him and send him to general population. He'll get his.

bigross86
12 Jul 10,, 23:45
So as long as we're providing those anyway, let's still go for the death penalty, it will still be cheaper than life without parole. Besides, 10 years of appeals and then a noose is way the hell cheaper than 30+ years of all of the above.

This asswipe is 34. He could live to be 84, easily. 10 years of appeals is cheaper than 50 years of full room and board

crooks
12 Jul 10,, 23:50

It's not me who figures it, it's nearly every report ever done:

Study: States can't afford death penalty - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/20/death.penalty/index.html)

Using conservative rough projections, the Commission estimates the annual costs of the present (death penalty) system to be $137 million per year.

The cost of the present system with reforms recommended by the Commission to ensure a fair process would be $232.7 million per year.

The cost of a system in which the number of death-eligible crimes was significantly narrowed would be $130 million per year.

The cost of a system which imposes a maximum penalty of lifetime incarceration instead of the death penalty would be $11.5 million per year..

- Costs of the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center (http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty)

The death penalty brings massive legal costs, as well as more expensive incarceration in death row, it's highly inefficient, far more so than life imprisonment. A person who is in favour of the death penalty (I'm obviously not) can make their arguments all they like, but cost is not one they have a leg to stand on with.

USSWisconsin
13 Jul 10,, 00:00
So as long as we're providing those anyway, let's still go for the death penalty, it will still be cheaper than life without parole. Besides, 10 years of appeals and then a noose is way the hell cheaper than 30+ years of all of the above.

This asswipe is 34. He could live to be 84, easily. 10 years of appeals is cheaper than 50 years of full room and board

But if he gets the death penalty wouldn't that spare him the "experience" of being in the general population? -- where they could "man him up" with a mop handle and a toilet seat (like they did for Jeffery Dahmer). I don't think he'd last more than few months in prison, but hopefully more than 8 days- he has at least that much coming.

bigross86
13 Jul 10,, 00:03
Let's compromise: Keep then in general population ward until it's time to fry them. No expensive death row treatment, and in the meantime his cellmates get to entertain him

gunnut
13 Jul 10,, 00:05

You forgot to figure in the cost of lawyers and the time taken in the courts. If he can't afford a lawyer, and I'm sure he can't, a state public defender who specializes in death row appeal will be appointed to him. His appeals will take up court time that could otherwise be used in other cases. Everyone has to be paid when the court is in session, from judges to the bailiff to the court reporter, to the court clerk...the cost multiplies from there.

Send him to the general population. He'll be dead inside 3 months.

kato
13 Jul 10,, 03:17

I always find the US concept of letting people out on bond payment rather quirky. Concept over here is that a judge simply decides whether to hold him or not. No bond, nothing - if there's a flight risk (assumed automatically with capital crimes), or a risk of another crime perpetrated, he stays in till he's sentenced. If he's not guilty, he gets money for doing that time btw - about 15 bucks per day.

Aryajet
13 Jul 10,, 16:15
The G.F is as guilty as murderer father and they should be punished equally. She had 8 hours for doing her best to stop this heinous crime. I guess she was getting a kick out of it. Ba$turds.