PDA

View Full Version : Iranian Airlines Denied Refuelling

axeman
06 Jul 10,, 06:40
Post-curbs, Iran jets in refuelling row - Middle East - World - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Post-curbs-Iran-jets-in-refuelling-row/articleshow/6132631.cms)

Airports in Britain, Germany and the United Arab Emirates have refused to refuel Iranian passenger planes since Washington imposed unilateral sanctions on Tehran last week, ISNA news agency said on Monday.

IRNA, the official state news agency, said in a separate report that Kuwaiti airports have also turned down fuel for Iranian passenger planes. “Since last week, after the passing of the unilateral law by America and the sanctions against Iran, airports in England, Germany, the UAE have refused to give fuel to Iranian planes,” ISNA quoted Mehdi Aliyari, secretary of Iranian Airlines Union, as saying.

Aliyari said their refusal has so far impacted Iran Air, the national carrier, and a leading private airline, Mahan Air, as both operate several flights to Europe. Pervez Sorouri, a member of Iranian parliament’s committee on foreign policy and national security, warned of a retaliatory action by Tehran, especially towards the UAE. He said Iran was an important trade partner of the UAE which is emerging from a financial crisis.
IRNA, the official state news agency, said in a separate report that Kuwaiti airports have also turned down fuel for Iranian passenger planes. “Since last week, after the passing of the unilateral law by America and the sanctions against Iran, airports in England, Germany, the UAE have refused to give fuel to Iranian planes,” ISNA quoted Mehdi Aliyari, secretary of Iranian Airlines Union, as saying.

Aliyari said their refusal has so far impacted Iran Air, the national carrier, and a leading private airline, Mahan Air, as both operate several flights to Europe. Pervez Sorouri, a member of Iranian parliament’s committee on foreign policy and national security, warned of a retaliatory action by Tehran, especially towards the UAE. He said Iran was an important trade partner of the UAE which is emerging from a financial crisis.

Dreadnought
06 Jul 10,, 14:50
He said Iran was an important trade partner of the UAE which is emerging from a financial crisis.

Obviously not as important as he may think when Iran defies the UNSC.

One might want to consider a sloooooooowwwwww boat ride abroad or a good pair of walking shoes and a snorkel for the future. It will be interesting to see how many more join the list in denying them fuel.;)

Pedicabby
06 Jul 10,, 15:35
So are these planes just left there stranded and the passengers screwed?

bigross86
06 Jul 10,, 15:42
No, they will be able to refuel from other providers.

kato
06 Jul 10,, 16:51
It's actually not "Germany" or "the UK" that's stopping the fuel deliveries, it's a single company that's weaseling to US demands - BP.

Airports serviced by other, less subservient companies - e.g. Total - do not deny fuel to Iran Air aircraft. Problem is that BP has a pretty solid grip on a lot of Central European airports, especially those not served through the NATO CEPS network.

chakos
06 Jul 10,, 20:22
Not impressed by BP's actions then. Business is business and BP isn't an American company... i figure that at the moment BP wants to piss off the Americans as little as possible.

On a slightly different note the willingness of other Europeans to do business reminds me of a quote i once heard about (paraphrasing here) 'Europeans are happy to bid against each other to sell rope to the country that will use it to make the noose to hang them with' ;)

bigross86
06 Jul 10,, 22:14
"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." - Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, a.k.a. Vladimir Lenin

Dreadnought
06 Jul 10,, 22:30
It's actually not "Germany" or "the UK" that's stopping the fuel deliveries, it's a single company that's weaseling to US demands - BP.

Airports serviced by other, less subservient companies - e.g. Total - do not deny fuel to Iran Air aircraft. Problem is that BP has a pretty solid grip on a lot of Central European airports, especially those not served through the NATO CEPS network.

Problem is...if you look at our coastline BP has an awful lot to weasel for. Personally, I would rather have an oil free coastline instead but hey, leverage does have its perks and if its to screw Iran in the process then so much the better.:))

Maybe dinnerjacket might put his mouth in check ailing to not being able to acquire the S-300's, S-400's for protecting a clandestine nuclear program, sanctions upon several Iranian company's and those that do business with them and now in addition a fuel cut off at the perfect artery. And just think, this isint the end either.

I guess those sanctions arent as worthless as a "used tissue" huh dinnerjacket?:P

And with Iran passing laws about not doing business with percieved "Jewish leadership" ran company's (which they didnt even get that correct, morons) they are helping us along the way.

At some point, their "friends" in Turkey may have to loan them another foot to shoot themselves in.:eek::))

chakos
07 Jul 10,, 03:11
"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." - Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, a.k.a. Vladimir Lenin

Must have been a bastardized version of that one then

Like playing Chinese whispers :biggrin:

S2
07 Jul 10,, 17:55
From the BBC-

BBC News - EU Imposes Flight Ban On Iran Over Air Safety (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10529236.stm)

Guess our reach is a bit further than BP. Not that any Euro will admit such...openly.

Dreadnought
07 Jul 10,, 22:58
From the BBC-

BBC News - EU Imposes Flight Ban On Iran Over Air Safety (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/europe/10529236.stm)

Guess our reach is a bit further than BP. Not that any Euro will admit such...openly.

*Its only going to get tighter me thinks.:))

JAD_333
08 Jul 10,, 01:41
Landing rights may be next.

Blue
08 Jul 10,, 05:48
Boycott them to hell. They have oil and, uh....oil aaaannd, oh yeah, SAND. Who needs who here?

There's plenty of oil and sand to be had elsewhere.

Lock'em down and one of two things will happen. 1. people overthrow the theocracy and install a democracy. 2. people overthrow the theocracy and install a democracy.;);)

axeman
08 Jul 10,, 13:19
AFP: Reports of planes denied refuelling are 'false': Iran (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hUnFgZvGxZ27t7lW5yPb6Y4QAgDQ)

Iran said on Tuesday that claims made by some Iranian officials that its passenger planes were being denied refuelling by airports in Britain, Germany and the United Arab Emirates are "false."

"The refuelling of our planes is continuing," foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast told reporters.

"That information is false," he said when asked to confirm reports that airports in Britain, Germany and the UAE had denied refuelling Iranian passenger planes as part of unilateral sanctions imposed by the United States.

On Monday, Mehdi Aliyari, secretary of the Iranian Airlines Union, was quoted by the ISNA news agency as saying that Iranian planes were being refused refuelling at airports in the three countries.

Several Iranian lawmakers warned in response that Tehran should take retaliatory action and stop refuelling planes from the three countries concerned which land in Iran.

Mehmanparast said on Tuesday that "reporting the information (of fuel being denied) is part of a psychological war against Iran."

Soon after Monday's ISNA report, officials in Britain, UAE, and Germany denied the claims of Iranian officials.

A report in Tuesday's German-language edition of the Financial Times Deutschland meanwhile said that oil giant BP had not renewed a contract to supply Iranian airlines with fuel after it had expired at the end of June.

That could explain the claims of Iranian officials.

The FT Deutschland cited an incident in which an Iran Air plane had to land in Vienna because it had been refused a refuelling at Hamburg airport in northern Germany.

"We won't comment on individual contracts with every airline," BP told the German daily.

The poster above was correct, I suppose. Just BP that's not renewed their contract. It is rather surprising though, if the report is correct. The aircraft had to divert to Vienna because they were denied fuel in Hamburg. So..they were told after take off ? Odd.

Aryajet
10 Jul 10,, 04:49
Boycott them to hell. They have oil and, uh....oil aaaannd, oh yeah, SAND. Who needs who here?

There's plenty of oil and sand to be had elsewhere.

Lock'em down and one of two things will happen. 1. people overthrow the theocracy and install a democracy. 2. people overthrow the theocracy and install a democracy.;);)
Snipe,
I wish I could accompany you for a trip to Iran, it would change your mind in a flash. Sure 1/4 of Iran is sand and oil, but the other 3/4 is all Alpine mountains and rain forests. We catch a fish in Caspian Sea which we can harvest her eggs cost more expensive than gold, is called Persian Caviar.
Let me know when ur packed.;)

Officer of Engineers
10 Jul 10,, 05:08
Can I bring the dynamite for the fishing?

S2
10 Jul 10,, 06:38
"the other 3/4 is all Alpine mountains and rain forests..."

Dude...with all due respect to your "local flavor", the Tabriz mountains and sh!t, you'd best check your imagination at the door 'cause I ain't buyin'...:rolleyes:

There's a crapload of serious desert and decent water's a luxury. No. I haven't been there but I can sure as hell read a map. See all that space in the south and east without many towns.

You DIE out there this time of the year.

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/middle_east_and_asia/iran_rel_2001.jpg

C.I.A. factbook calls Iran's climate mostly arid/semi-arid with subtropical conditions along the VERY NARROW Caspian coast.

There's no snow on any mountains south of Teheran this time of the year. Count on it.

Blue
10 Jul 10,, 08:12
Snipe,
I wish I could accompany you for a trip to Iran, it would change your mind in a flash. Sure 1/4 of Iran is sand and oil, but the other 3/4 is all Alpine mountains and rain forests. We catch a fish in Caspian Sea which we can harvest her eggs cost more expensive than gold, is called Persian Caviar.
Let me know when ur packed.;)

"the other 3/4 is all Alpine mountains and rain forests..."

Dude...with all due respect to your "local flavor", the Tabriz mountains and sh!t, you'd best check your imagination at the door 'cause I ain't buyin'...:rolleyes:

There's a crapload of serious desert and decent water's a luxury. No. I haven't been there but I can sure as hell read a map. See all that space in the south and east without many towns.

You DIE out there this time of the year.

C.I.A. factbook calls Iran's climate mostly arid/semi-arid with subtropical conditions along the VERY NARROW Caspian coast.

There's no snow on any mountains south of Teheran this time of the year. Count on it.

Aryajet, I'm always game for an adventure, but I'm goin to have to go with Steve on this. Even if it was still the garden of eden, the current party in power would put a giant size no effin way on any chances I had of visiting. I've done Jungle, desert, arctic and mixed gas dives, and AFAIC, the moon and deep space are my final frontier.;):)

Besides, if I would go to Iran, I'd have to have to have something like the old luggage I borrowed from my Uncle Sam way back when. Made me feel secure.;)

Aryajet
10 Jul 10,, 08:19
S-2 Sir!
So does Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. But they are all beautiful and among them my favorite spot is Fort Summner NM.;)

Hope one of these days I could be honored being a tour guide for the WABers to see the historically ancient, geographically giant and culturally vibrant nation of Iran. Hope!

That government will not stand for much longer but people will and hopefully they will leave the light on for us.

Blue
10 Jul 10,, 08:27
That government will not stand for much longer but people will and hopefully they will leave the light on for us.

And then......perhaps.;)

Aryajet
10 Jul 10,, 08:29
Aryajet, I'm always game for an adventure, but I'm goin to have to go with Steve on this. Even if it was still the garden of eden, the current party in power would put a giant size no effin way on any chances I had of visiting. I've done Jungle, desert, arctic and mixed gas dives, and AFAIC, the moon and deep space are my final frontier.;):)

Besides, if I would go to Iran, I'd have to have to have something like the old luggage I borrowed from my Uncle Sam way back when. Made me feel secure.;)
Snipe,
I don't blame you. This barbaric regime is like a scorn on the face of that nation. But still I would not buy what front page media is trying to propagate.

There are 1000s of Americans visiting Iran every month and most of them share their experience in their blogs. Goggle it and you will see.

Aryajet
10 Jul 10,, 08:36
S-2
BTW, look at the map you posted, grab Tehran and go north west about 200 miles, there is a city named Zanjan where I was born. We used to call it north pole, 6 month winter time and COLD!!:biggrin:

Aryajet
10 Jul 10,, 08:41
Can I bring the dynamite for the fishing?
I'm an animal lover and already got your name on the black list.:biggrin:

bigross86
10 Jul 10,, 09:35
I'm also an animal lover, usually done medium, medium well

Aryajet
10 Jul 10,, 10:22
I'm also an animal lover, usually done medium, medium well
:biggrin::biggrin:

kato
10 Jul 10,, 16:32
The aircraft had to divert to Vienna because they were denied fuel in Hamburg. So..they were told after take off ? Odd.
Since July 4th Iran Air has changed its flight plan, and the Tehran - Hamburg flight now regularly makes a refuelling stop in Vienna on the way back. There was some speculation that they might have simply simply cancelled the Tehran - Vienna return flights, but apparently that's not the case.

BBC News - EU Imposes Flight Ban On Iran Over Air Safety

Sorta funny that the ban affects mostly US-manufactured aircraft though - reason is that US companies no longer deliver spare parts to Iran. Now Iran Air is only flying into Europe with proper European aircraft ;)

The current flight ban list also bans pretty much all airlines from Africa and Central Asia including Afghanistan btw.

Dreadnought
10 Jul 10,, 17:37
Another consideration to all of this is replacement parts for commercial airliners that Iran can no longer purchase for their aging Boeing and Airbus airframes. If they cannot maintenace them properly they will find themselves on the black list as well. Safety first you know.;):))

Then again maybe Russia will furnish them with aircraft.

Parihaka
10 Jul 10,, 17:54
S-2 Sir!
So does Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. But they are all beautiful and among them my favorite spot is Fort Summner NM.;)

Hope one of these days I could be honored being a tour guide for the WABers to see the historically ancient, geographically giant and culturally vibrant nation of Iran. Hope!

Hell I'd be in for that. Timing should be right to not have the kids on my hands as well. Personally I fancy some skiing, some of that fishing you were talking of, followed by some land-yacht racing over that salt desert you've got in the north-east.

JAD_333
10 Jul 10,, 18:29
S-2 Sir!

Sign me up for the tour. :biggrin: But I am not so confident as you that the present regime will not stand much longer. Of course it depends on what you mean by "not much longer." How about expanding on that? And how will the fall come about?

Aryajet
10 Jul 10,, 19:08
Another consideration to all of this is replacement parts for commercial airliners that Iran can no longer purchase for their aging Boeing and Airbus airframes. If they cannot maintenace them properly they will find themselves on the black list as well. Safety first you know.;):))

Although I don't believe Tu-154M is inherently an unsafe jetliner when close to 1000 of them still flying around the world but 2 crashes back to back and 1 of them just falling out of sky for no apparent reason made Iranians not wanting to fly with Russian jets any more.

I'm not sure but I think some time back I heard that the entire Russian made jetliners fleet were grounded for good.

But they have found their way of keeping up the old birds airworthy.

Not long ago they bought this from Air France just for spare parts and you can see canalization has already beeen started.

To keep this baby flying.

kato
10 Jul 10,, 19:11
Iran Air has some 35 Tu-204 on order, to be delivered starting next year. Will replace their entire fleet of Airbus and Boeing aircraft pretty much. The order is still active and good.

Aryajet
10 Jul 10,, 19:14
Hell I'd be in for that. Timing should be right to not have the kids on my hands as well. Personally I fancy some skiing, some of that fishing you were talking of, followed by some land-yacht racing over that salt desert you've got in the north-east.
Any time Pari, any time.
We have a Persian proverb which no one knows when it was started that it says "A guest is a gift from God".

Officer of Engineers
10 Jul 10,, 21:38
Ok, no dynamite, how about a car battery and two wires in the water?

Aryajet
11 Jul 10,, 04:23
Ok, no dynamite, how about a car battery and two wires in the water?
Commander!
No doubt your sense of humor is being appreciated among subordinates, but I'm sure ur aware that you can be prosecuted for advocating torture.

That 12 Volt battery and a pair of jumper cables revive a bad memory.:biggrin:

S2
11 Jul 10,, 05:38
Aryajet,

"We used to call it north pole, 6 month winter time and COLD!!:biggrin:"

Uh huh. I'm from Wisconsin. Let me tell you about real cold someday. -25/-30F isn't unusual at 0530hrs in January. Colonel and a few others are Canadian. They've got their stories too.

No doubt the northern mountains are cold. Well aware that there's skiing north of Tehran. Plenty of conversations with a former Turkish infantry officer, Ucar, about the snow in that area during winter.

All that said is beside my point. Just a small matter of you dissembling Iran into some lush garden spot from one end to the other.:biggrin:

Making things rain-foresty green in the desert is easy. Add water. Ain't none to speak of south of Tehran. West towards Iraq is iffy too. Go far enough northwest and maybe it changes but nobody has discribed the area from Kirkuk south to Basra as some garden-spot. I'm guessing things don't immediately change by stepping over the border. East to Afghanistan is just...ugly looking. Hot, hot, hot with lots of brown bumps...

I ain't got nothin' really goin' on, though, soooo, um...count me in for Rock The Casbah Grand Tour v.1. Who's bringing the beer?

bigross86
11 Jul 10,, 10:31
If they'd ever let me in, I'd be completely game and up for the trip, it's been a while since I've been anywhere interesting...

I could probably fly to Jordan and get a flight through there, Lord knows there are no direct flights from Tel Aviv to Tehran...

Aryajet
11 Jul 10,, 16:21
S-2,
Almost the same in my hometown, -35 deg C (which about 32 deg F) was normal, the difference is field elevation which is 5400 ft and geographically is located in a narrow corridor between Zagrous and Alborz mountain with constant wind blowing from west adding to chill factor.

And if that trip takes place I promise I'll bring enough beer to fill up a Olympic size swimming pool.;)

Aryajet
11 Jul 10,, 16:40
Sign me up for the tour. :biggrin: But I am not so confident as you that the present regime will not stand much longer. Of course it depends on what you mean by "not much longer." How about expanding on that? And how will the fall come about?

Because there is no political sanity left any more. There was not much before but what ever was is vanished.

Entire regime is fragmented with each faction pointing fingers at the others.

Economy is in shamble and on top of that subsidies will be lifted this fall and consequences will be sky rocketing food, energy and other services. How does 5 USD a gallon of petrol sound?

High ranking clerics in Qum have already stopped supporting the regime and many of them constantly chastise the regime on daily basis. religious seminaries are where the legitimacy (supposedly) of this regime comes from.

Not on a nation wide level but strikes are happening all over the country which security forces have to contend with them. Those forces are tired, demoralized and the will to fight their own blood and bone is not there any more.

I still think IRGC will take over, they have too much at stake and present political and economical situation is a grave detrement to their commerce. Almost 1/3 of total GDP is handled by IRGC.

Officer of Engineers
11 Jul 10,, 16:49
Commander!I'm a bellycrawler, not boat people. And not to be confused with the bird brains.

No doubt your sense of humor is being appreciated among subordinates, but I'm sure ur aware that you can be prosecuted for advocating torture.Contrary to popular belief, PETA did not write the Geneva Conventions. Besides, how do you torture fish?

That 12 Volt battery and a pair of jumper cables revive a bad memory.:biggrin:I do not recall the GC covers self-inflicted torture, otherwise, we would have legal protection against our wives.

Colonel and a few others are Canadian. They've got their stories too.It's the wind chill that gets to you. Exposed skin warnings are the worst. When the wind hits you, it just chills you to the bone no matter how many layers you have on.

Aryajet
11 Jul 10,, 19:19
I'm a bellycrawler, not boat people. And not to be confused with the bird brains.

I meant as C.O, I know you are an Engineer.

I was a hybrid, a bird brain working for belly crawlers.:biggrin:

Blue
12 Jul 10,, 04:01
And if that trip takes place I promise I'll bring enough beer to fill up a Olympic size swimming pool.;)

OK, I'm back in!:biggrin:;)

Aryajet
12 Jul 10,, 16:31
OK, I'm back in!:biggrin:;)

You, Highsea and I ned to figure out how to ship the bikes over there. Imagine carving these canyons in staggered formation. 120 miles of switchbacks, hairpins and tight sweepers, it will take you from Tehran right to the shores of Caspian see.;)

http://www.persia.org/Iran_Images/chalus1.gif

Blue
14 Jul 10,, 14:43
Wow! Doesn't look like any pictures of Iran I've ever seen. OK, to be fair, I would apply the same rules as any place I ride.

1. Must allow conceal carry.
2. No helmet laws.
(Any chance of that?)

I know missouri has a helmet law and i have been fighting it for years. That is the main reason I ride straight to Kansas, Oklahoma or Arkansas when "just getting away".

But yeah, that road looks like a good ride!:)

Aryajet
14 Jul 10,, 18:45
Wow! Doesn't look like any pictures of Iran I've ever seen. OK, to be fair, I would apply the same rules as any place I ride.

1. Must allow conceal carry.
2. No helmet laws.
(Any chance of that?)

I know missouri has a helmet law and i have been fighting it for years. That is the main reason I ride straight to Kansas, Oklahoma or Arkansas when "just getting away".

But yeah, that road looks like a good ride!:)
Snipe Sir,
Unfortunately it is illegal in Iran to ride any motorbike in public roads with engine displacement higher than 250 CC.

Right after the dawn of revolution 1000 and 1200 cc were being used as get away vehicles after assassination of IRI officials. Quick reaction was to ban high powered high speed bikes, that was early 1980 and the ban still stands.:redface::mad:

Blue
15 Jul 10,, 02:21
Too bad we are the last country with this much freedom left. A limit on engine size for MCs to burying women up to thier necks and smashing thier head with stones. Place is nuts!

Sounds like they need another revolution.

Man I love this country!! If you can build it, you can ride it!

502 cubic inches(that's 8000 CCs btw) of totally ridiculous bike! Bet that would piss 'em off!:biggrin:

Aryajet
15 Jul 10,, 17:12
WOW!!

Yours?

Force fed 502 CID Boss Hoss. I want one, may be 2.:D

Looking at the swingarm I think they have a removable drag bars on it, sweet paint job too.

I bet you those headers roar like a 800 lbs mad lion.;)

Parihaka
15 Jul 10,, 23:46
Ummm, that's not a nitro bottle hanging off the back is it? :eek:

Aryajet
16 Jul 10,, 17:26
Ummm, that's not a nitro bottle hanging off the back is it? :eek:

Affirmative!

That bottle was the reason I called it "Force Fed" 502 CID.:cool:

Blue
16 Jul 10,, 17:32
[QUOTE=Aryajet;747657]WOW!!

Yours? Heheh...I wish!!!:):cool:

I do know a guy that has one of the first ones built. Its yellow with an outraqeous set of ape-hangers on it. He rides it all the time two-up with his wife. Saw him get on it one time at a car show and it was just sick!

I can't believe he hasn't killed himself on it yet. Its rad as hell and HUGE. The tank is about three feet long two feet wide. I just can't think of words to describe its awesomeness.:)

Officer of Engineers
16 Jul 10,, 17:44
You actually mean that this is a production machine and not one of a kind home built?

Aryajet
16 Jul 10,, 19:20
You actually mean that this is a production machine and not one of a kind home built?

The platform is produced by Boss Hoss motorcycle company who invented mounting a GM 350 CID V8 engines (nowadays they offer V8 engines with various displacement) on motorcycles originally coupled with GM TH-350 auto. Trans, later on they switched to TH-400 overdrive trany. You could call it production bike but with very limited numbers produced. But they have showrooms all over and you can walk in and buy 1 from the showroom or you can order one built to your own liking and specifications. The specification? You name it.:cool::))

Boss Hoss Cycles : Products (http://www.bosshoss.com/products.asp)

Blue
16 Jul 10,, 23:46

Yeah!:)

Doesn't it make you want to move South?:biggrin::biggrin:

Are these legal in Canada?:rolleyes:

omon
17 Jul 10,, 02:36
S-2,
Almost the same in my hometown, -35 deg C (which about 32 deg F) was normal,

-35c is not 32f, but -32f.

we did have few winters in ukraine -30c, as long as there is no wind, it was not that bad.

Parihaka
17 Jul 10,, 04:14
Affirmative!

That bottle was the reason I called it "Force Fed" 502 CID.:cool:

If you're going to find magnificent lunacy anywhere in the world, you'll find it first in the States :))

Blue
17 Jul 10,, 05:21
If you're going to find magnificent lunacy anywhere in the world, you'll find it first in the States :))

Heh heh heh.....yep! :)

Ya' jealous?;);)

Officer of Engineers
17 Jul 10,, 06:19
Yeah!:)

Doesn't it make you want to move South?:biggrin::biggrin:Not anytime soon. You need roads for these hogs.

Are these legal in Canada?:rolleyes:Don't know for the roads but if you can make me a snow mobile version ...

Blue
17 Jul 10,, 06:30
Not anytime soon. You need roads for these hogs. Oh, we got 'em.:)

Don't know for the roads but if you can make me a snow mobile version ... Hmm, that could be my million$$. Would you buy a crazy stupid over the top ski-doo that would spit out a 100 foot rooster-tail and do 200mph?:cool:

Officer of Engineers
17 Jul 10,, 06:35
Oh, we got 'em.:)

Hmm, that could be my million$$. Would you buy a crazy stupid over the top ski-doo that would spit out a 100 foot rooster-tail and do 200mph?:cool:If I can drag a moose/caribou/elk carcass, oh hell yeah!

Blue
17 Jul 10,, 06:48
If I can drag a moose/caribou/elk carcass, oh hell yeah!

He he!! Tie up three of 'em, throttle it and be back at camp before the sun even starts to go down!:)):))

I got a buddy in Oconto falls WI, knows a thing or two about snowmobiles( he calls 'em ski-doos) might have to get some ideas from him on this. Like I said, it could be my million$$.;)

Officer of Engineers
17 Jul 10,, 06:55
A 200 mph ski-doo, the CF would be your first buyer. Only thing we need to do is to train how to read the ice 10 miles ahead.

Aryajet
17 Jul 10,, 11:48
-35c is not 32f, but -32f.

we did have few winters in ukraine -30c, as long as there is no wind, it was not that bad.
Thanx for the correction.
It was a typo on my part, I used the conversion formula.:biggrin: