Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with Paul, the German, when Spain wins the upcoming semi-final ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with Paul, the German, when Spain wins the upcoming semi-final ?

Paul, the German octopus is well-known around the world for his remarkable ability to predict the outcome of German games in the World Cup 2010 in South Africa.

Mr. Paul, residing at Sea Life Aquarium in Oberhausen, Germany, has predicted Germany´s victory in the game against England by choosing
    a mussel from a glass box with the German flag instead of a glass box with the England flag (see the picture below)

Paul has also rightly predicted Germany´s first round victories over Ghana and Australia as well as Germany´s defeat against Serbia.

Recently, he has been also right with his prediction of Germany´s victory over Argentine.

Till now he is always loyal to his country Germany.

But what happens, when he fails with his prediction about the outcome of the upcoming semi-final game between Germany and Spain ?

What to do with Paul, the German, when Spain…wins ?

Paul, be concentrating and predict right now !
    If not, here are 3 your punishments. You can choose one of them !

1. Squid fried with pickles

2. Squid steamed with ginger

3. Squid stuffed with fried meat

this is also great
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post

this is also great
      Uh oh, Paul is screwed!

Comment

Hey why all the squid recipes?

I go away for a month and you guys can't tell the difference between squid and Octopus?

Octopus has a much better taste if cooked correctly, or raw.

If Paul was at my house, We could make a whole meal

Octopus balls (takoyaki) as an appetizer while we sit around with a few beers before eating.

# 1 2/3 cup flour
        # 2 1/2 cup dashi soup
        # 2 eggs
        # 1/2 lb. boiled octopus, cut into bite-size pieces
        # 1/4 cup chopped green onion
        # 1/4 cup dried sakura ebi (red shrimp)
        # 1/4 cup chopped pickled red ginger
        # *For toppings:
        # katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes)
        # aonori (green seaweed powder)
        # Worcestershire sauce or takoyaki sauce

Mix flour, dashi soup, and eggs in a bowl to make batter. Thickness of the batter should be like potage soup. Put oil inside cups of a takoyaki grill pan. Pour batter into the cups to the full. Put octopus, red ginger, and green onion in each hole. Grill takoyaki balls, turning with a pick. When takoyaki become rounds and brown, remove them from the pan and place in a plate. Put sauce on takoyaki and sprinkle bonito flakes and aonori on the top.
        Attached Files

Comment

Next a little Italian salad.

* 2 pounds octopus, rinsed
          * 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
          * 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
          * 1 celery rib, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
          * 1 carrot, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced crosswise
          * 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
          * 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
          * 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
          * 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

Simmer the Octopus until tender. Let cool. Then add the other ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
          Attached Files

Comment

Will wonders never ceased? A jarhead who knows how to cook.

Comment

Main Course.

Korean Nak-ji Bo-kum

Recipe Ingredients

* 1 lb octopus (squid can be used as a substitute)
              * ˝ onion, sliced to make o-rings
              * 2 green onions, sliced on the bias
              * Ľ carrot, slice thinly
              * 2 red or green chili peppers (jalapenos can be used as a substitute), sliced on the bias

Recipe Ingredient - Sauce

* 4 shiitake mushrooms, quartered (optional)
              * 2˝ tbsp ko****ang (red chili pepper paste)
              * 2 tbsp kochukaru (red chili pepper flakes)
              * 1 tbsp soy sauce
              * 2 tbsp sesame oil
              * 1 tbsp sesame seeds
              * 2 tbsp minced garlic

1. Wash and rinse octopus, cut the legs into 2"-3" lengths, open head and take out inside, quarter the head. Drain well.
              2. Prepare and mix all ingredients for sauce.
              3. Combine final sauce with octopus and marinate for 10 minutes.
              4. Heat pan on a medium high heat, cook for 8-10 minutes or until done.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Will wonders never ceased? A jarhead who knows how to cook.
                And loves Octopus.

Although, raw, it does give me heartburn. Which means I take a antacid prior to indulging.

I don't have any Octopus dessert recipes. But they do have octopus ice cream in Japan. It didn't sound appealing so I never tried it.
                Last edited by Gun Grape; 07 Jul 10,, 23:17.

Comment

I'm hungry. And since no one here can get me a sandwich I think I'll go eat now.

Comment

Gun Grape,

Have you ever tried Korean style live octopus? I have yet to have the pleasure, but for some bizarre reason, really want to.

Comment

Do we need to say more?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HKDan View Post
                        Gun Grape,

Have you ever tried Korean style live octopus? I have yet to have the pleasure, but for some bizarre reason, really want to.
                        No I haven't.

I've seen it served 2 different ways.

The first is pretty tame. Tentacles cut off a live octopus. Then served in a bowl with a little lemon on the side and hot sauce for dipping.

The second is baby octopus served live in a bowl of water with a bowl of hot sauce for dipping.

When I saw the gentleman at the next table pealing tentacles off his face and stuffing them in his mouth I sort of lost an appetite for trying the dish.

Its one of those dishes like Balut. Cannot get past the looks.

Comment

Spain is now trying to get Paul extradited from Germany, after he correctly predicted the Spain - Germany game. Under police protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                            No I haven't.

I've seen it served 2 different ways.

The first is pretty tame. Tentacles cut off a live octopus. Then served in a bowl with a little lemon on the side and hot sauce for dipping.

The second is baby octopus served live in a bowl of water with a bowl of hot sauce for dipping.

When I saw the gentleman at the next table pealing tentacles off his face and stuffing them in his mouth I sort of lost an appetite for trying the dish.

Its one of those dishes like Balut. Cannot get past the looks.
                            Its the second way that I want to try, there are a few restaurants here that will serve the first way, but it doesn't strike me as quite as adventurous as actually fighting down a live baby octopus. Of course, I don't see myself catching a flight to Seoul just for the pleasure. I'm with you on Balut though, I don't think I could bring myself to do it. There isn't much that I wouldn't try once, but that is apparently where I draw the line.

Comment

What to do with Paul, the German, when Spain wins the upcoming semi-final ?
                              Paul was actually born in England, and seeing all these cruel designs for such a nice creature, Spain does very well to offer politycal asylum.

He is a genious! He just picked Spain to win the final. ;)
                              L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux

Comment

Working...
                              X