Top 25 SNL Skits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 25 SNL Skits

I think it's weighted a little too heavily towards the 90s, but here are the top 10. You can find all of their top 25 picks at the link.

IGN's Top 25 SNL Skits of All-Time - TV Feature at IGN

#10: HANS AND FRANS
    #09: THE SINATRA GROUP
    #08: SAMURAI DELICATESSEN
    #07: MATT FOLEY
    #06: WHAT IS LOVE?
    #05: CELEBRITY JEOPARDY
    #04: WAYNE'S WORLD
    #03: MR. ROBINSON'S NEIGHBORHOOD
    #02: CHIPPENDALES
    #01: COWBELL
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

I'll give them Celebrity Jeopardy and Wayne's World. The rest were meh...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Celebrity jeopardy and Sinatra where regulars that were my faves.

Comment

Samurai Deli with Buck Henry is my fav, along with Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer and More Cowbell. Col. Lingus was pretty good too, I kept waiting for someone to slip and say cunnilingus.
        I remember numbers 12 and 18 being funny when I first saw those.
        And no Bassomatic or Dan as Tom Synder?

Comment

Out of the list my favs are #14 - Schweddy Balls; #8 - Samurai Deli; #7 - Mat Foley (LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER...LOL); and #2 - Chippendales!

But I'm old school because I really prefer the 1970's SNL skits! Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, George Coe, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Laraine Newman, Michael O'Donoghue and Gilda Radner!
          “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
          "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
          sigpic

Comment

Wow...all a bunch of youngun' choices.

Where is

"Jane, you ignorant slut!"

"Hmm, nice bass!"

"Never mind."

"I'm Gumby, Dammit!"

"Oh Killer Bees, Oh Killer Bees....."

"Still Crazy After All These Years"

Though I do like Wayne's World (the Gulf War skit is wet your pants funny), Cowbell and all of the Samurai skits.

But what I am sad to see is where are al the skits showing the genius of Joe Piscipo?:))
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Another really funny one......

Saturday Night Live - Suel Forrester, Southern Lawyer - Video - NBC.com

Comment

Finally found this one. Just a quick clip where Farley was a spec ops dealing with an alien invasion. Yelled that if he found any aliens he would kick butt and stackem ten high. When he charged up the ramp he lost his pants. I was watching it live when it happened and nearly died laughing.

Comment

"I'll take 'the rapist' for 10, Alex."
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Their skit on the cancelling of STAR TREK. It was hilarious.
                    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                      Their skit on the cancelling of STAR TREK. It was hilarious.
                      The Shatner "Get a Life" sketch was good too.

Comment

Working...
                      X