Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Turkish court to discuss charter amendments

The moment of truth I think...

Top Turkish court to discuss charter amendments Tuesday - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review
    Thursday, June 3, 2010
    ANKARA – Hürriyet Daily News

The fate of constitutional amendments designed to restructure judicial institutions in line with the ruling government’s demands will be determined by the Constitutional Court on Tuesday.

The court said it has accepted the main opposition’s appeal to annul the amendments.

Parliament, along with President Abdullah Gül, approved the government-backed amendments in early May, with final approval for the changes to be sought in a countrywide referendum set for Sept. 12.

Three articles of 27 were found controversial by the opposition, who argued that the amendments aim to bring the judiciary under political tutelage.

Haşim Kılıç, the court’s president, has already said the judges would review only the three controversial articles that the opposition appealed. The government, however, strongly criticized the court president for his statement.

The opposition, however, refrained from making a statement on the development. “We all have to respect the ruling of the court. We’ll all respect it,” Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu, chairman of the Republican People’s Party, or CHP, told reporters Thursday.
    Details of the Proposed Changes to Turkey's Constitution
    {more detail here}

I especially dislike the collective bargaining for people working in public sector that will make them more parasitic on the rest of the populous by making their wages extremely static and non negotiable in a real sense, also accountability is gone since them being fired will be even more remote for incompetence.

War expanding from Southeast, says BDP deputy - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review
    Like I said earlier the longer it goes on (ergo political marginalization of mainstream Kurds) the worse it gets.
    PKK attack, Israeli offensive top agenda at Turkish security summit - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review
    Blaming this on Israel is beyond idiotic.
    7 troops killed in terrorist attack
    [more detailed better overview] Rocket attack on Naval Base in Turkey
    Originally from Sochi, Russia.

cyppok,

i dont want to turn this thread in a pkk-Turkey thread. but in the same speech that you would probably missed (no offense) she told(admited again) that she and other BDP members are taking orders from abdullah ocalan, the emprisoned leader of pkk.

until they keep staying in the same row with pkk me and the vast majority of Turkish people will not be on her side.

if she can differantiate herself (and BDP also) from pkk. personally i would rally with her with my highest voice even if i would not agree with her.

as for pkk's expandig attacks; i see this as the last and ferocious efforts of a dying wild animal.

heres my case thanks.

and about constitutional changes,

the 1980's constitution is not a good one and i also dont like it.

but there are many suspicious changes in this list who are dangerously close with akp's feared agenda.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
      cyppok,

i dont want to turn this thread in a pkk-Turkey thread. but in the same speech that you would probably missed (no offense) she told(admited again) that she and other BDP members are taking orders from abdullah ocalan, the emprisoned leader of pkk.

until they keep staying in the same row with pkk me and the vast majority of Turkish people will not be on her side.

if she can differantiate herself (and BDP also) from pkk. personally i would rally with her with my highest voice even if i would not agree with her.

as for pkk's expandig attacks; i see this as the last and ferocious efforts of a dying wild animal.

heres my case thanks.

and about constitutional changes,

the 1980's constitution is not a good one and i also dont like it.

but there are many suspicious changes in this list who are dangerously close with akp's feared agenda.
      I really dislike the package deal the two things collective bargaining for public unions and something else along similar lines will most likely force Turkey into bankruptcy long term say 20-40 years as public officials expand their benefits to the stratosphere.

My point is the following if there was freedom of political party association the PKK would become a fringe party in a Kurdish Mainstream very fast and others more moderate and reasonable parties would emerge. Not allowing a Kurdish party to exist by itself consolidates support behind 1 party and that one is usually the most radical and outspoken. (perhaps I am wrong but thats how I see it).
      Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by cyppok View Post
        I really dislike the package deal the two things collective bargaining for public unions and something else along similar lines will most likely force Turkey into bankruptcy long term say 20-40 years as public officials expand their benefits to the stratosphere.
        they are already in stratosphere Mr. Erdogan is one of wealthiest PM's in the world. :(

Originally posted by cyppok View Post
        My point is the following if there was freedom of political party association the PKK would become a fringe party in a Kurdish Mainstream very fast and others more moderate and reasonable parties would emerge. Not allowing a Kurdish party to exist by itself consolidates support behind 1 party and that one is usually the most radical and outspoken. (perhaps I am wrong but thats how I see it).
        i see your point and i agree with you to a degree.

but unfortunately (and this is a very big unfortunately) DTP or others are acting like pkk's civil branch too much.

considering regions realities i see very little chance, if it ever exists, for an alternative party.

democracy is not their first priority especially when you realise their still-feudal way of living...
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Learn from the mistake in Greece, Spain, Portugal, California, and New York!!! Just say no to public emplyees unions.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
          X