View Full Version : New Iranian AAA

xinhui
31 May 10,, 01:00
:rolleyes:

xinhui
31 May 10,, 01:00
Classic!

Spinal Tap Volume 11

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7ca2D2EnqQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N7ca2D2EnqQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

zraver
31 May 10,, 01:37
I don't see a crew station on the 8 barreled contraption, probably an automated anti-cruise missile point defense system. Not enough ammo for sustained firings. Each barrel probably puts 3-4 rounds down range to create a flak curtain.

S2
31 May 10,, 04:25
"I don't see a crew station on the 8 barreled contraption..."

Yeah but those guys can go to "eleven", man...:cool:

Dreadnought
31 May 10,, 07:13
I bet it makes dam good coffee!:)):)):rolleyes:

chakos
31 May 10,, 07:28
Why, in the top left pic is everyone bar the generals wearing face masks?

S2
31 May 10,, 10:05
"Why, in the top left pic is everyone bar the generals wearing face masks?"

Body odor or C.I.A. kidnappers. Their AAA armaments industry is full of many top scientists and engineers whom we MUST have. Just look at their ingenuity.;)

Dreadnought
31 May 10,, 13:56

Body odor or C.I.A. kidnappers. Their AAA armaments industry is full of many top scientists and engineers whom we MUST have. Just look at their ingenuity.;)

:))

Chogy
31 May 10,, 14:32

^^ This. The genius of welding 8 ea 1950's vintage cannon together; I cannot get over it. This is something we never could have thought of. I DEMAND our tax dollars yield such systems. Failing that, then yes I fully endorse the kidnapping of these certified welders.

chakos
31 May 10,, 14:45
Oh cmon guys... apart from the fact that the system is almost completelly useless outside the anti-helo/anti-infantry roles (and in both roles the amount of barrels is a little bit on the overkill side) the setup does look extremely cool in a Warhammer 40k Imperial army kind of way..

1980s
31 May 10,, 14:53
I know that these weapons are junk but Iran's military-industrial complex is relatively new and doesnt compare to the length and investment as that which existed in the US and parts of Europe over the past 100 years or so. For much of the period between 1953 - 1979 Iran's armed forces were equipped almost exclusively with American military systems and hardware. Technology that Iran's armed-forces were largely not competent to use without long-term oversight and training by American handlers. The Shah of Iran continually purchased new American military technology every few years and so did not give the Iranian armed forces enough time to effectively adapt to and absorb this technology, he just kept dumping new hardware and systems on them expecting miracles to happen.

It was only late during his reign that his regime attempted to invest in an indigenous MIC in Iran. Then the revolution took place in 1979 which saw the Shah’s army effectively destroyed from the top down. Iran after the revolution had to produce a new armed forces literally from scratch. The war with Iraq followed shortly after in 1980. Iran had few professional soldiers left to repel Iraq; more jets than pilots, few spare parts, few technicians, limited capacity to produce replacements etc. The army was made-up mainly by partistans who had no military training or experience save what they actually experienced in battle. It was from these partisans that Iran's parallel army was born; the IRGC.

The remnants of the Shah’s old army still exist today, but the new revolutionary army is only around 30 years old and was drawn from revolutionary and religious ideologues; people that had no training, technical skill or experience in warfare or developing, producing and maintaining competent military systems. Whatever experience and knowledge they have of warfare was acquired from what Iran experienced in the 8 years or war with Iraq.

You should bear that all in mind. Iran’s post-revolutionary regime has less than 30 years of experience in developing weapons systems.

S2
31 May 10,, 18:04
"You should bear that all in mind. Iran’s post-revolutionary regime has less than 30 years of experience in developing weapons systems."

Well, they certainly aren't constrained by conventional thinking.

What worries me is when that eight barreled thingy is ordered to fix bayonets.:eek:

S2
31 May 10,, 18:11
If you look closely at the second picture of the eight-barreled AAA weapon you'll see what looks like a 4 barreled recoil-less rifle system behind it.

TTL
31 May 10,, 20:17
What worries me is when that eight barreled thingy is ordered to fix bayonets.

Or light sabers!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a2/Gre.jpeg

zraver
31 May 10,, 20:38
Oh cmon guys... apart from the fact that the system is almost completelly useless outside the anti-helo/anti-infantry roles (and in both roles the amount of barrels is a little bit on the overkill side) the setup does look extremely cool in a Warhammer 40k Imperial army kind of way..

I dunno, those those look like 2A7 23mm guns. If so it has an AAA range of about 2km and a combined RoF of 6800 rounds per minute. Not enough range for anti-helo work. However, in a 3 gun battery configuration where all the guns work together the guns could cover an approach to a target from 4-12km wide depending on interconnected fire zones. Definitely enough range to cover a valley or draw which our cruise missiles tend to use for their attack ingress.

Its just a poor mans Gatling, instead of multiple barrels and one breach its multiple complete guns, same effect. Reloading is going to be a biatch, the radar is probably second rate, old or both. However, for what it is, I like it. The 23mm round is no joke in the AAA mode.

xinhui
31 May 10,, 20:57
Z,

See that Oerlikon GDF-35mm AF902 SKYGUARD System up there, money is better spend on getter AHEAD for those bad boys, IMHO.

zraver
31 May 10,, 21:19
Z,

See that Oerlikon GDF-35mm AF902 SKYGUARD System up there, money is better spend on getter AHEAD for those bad boys, IMHO.

depends on what you need... The 35mm is a better gun for a true anti-aircraft role 9long range and heavier shell). But if you need point defense the cheaper 23mm will do the job. The lack of a crew station tells me this is meant for an emplaced point defense role of high value targets likely to be subject to a cruise missile attack.

ArtyEngineer
31 May 10,, 21:22

You have nailed it. The Iranian Arms industry is indeed getting ints inspiration from teh world of Warhammer 40K !!!! Se Hydra Airdefense Platform below ;)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk297/M777A2/WH%2040K%20Stuff/hydraplat.jpg

Regards

Arty

chakos
01 Jun 10,, 00:22
You have nailed it. The Iranian Arms industry is indeed getting ints inspiration from teh world of Warhammer 40K !!!! Se Hydra Airdefense Platform below ;

Now if they could only mount that baby on a leman russ tank and support it with a few chimeras...

Ok I should stop now before any respect I still have here is completely erased.

Such a n3rd sometimes...

ArtyEngineer
03 Jun 10,, 21:05
Now if they could only mount that baby on a leman russ tank and support it with a few chimeras...

Ok I should stop now before any respect I still have here is completely erased.

Such a n3rd sometimes...

Nothing n3rdy about 40K buddy :) Or is that what I just keep telling myself lol!!!. I dont think we have to worry about Iran until such times as we see some "Superheavy" tanks rolling of the production line.

Arty

chakos
03 Jun 10,, 23:06
Nothing n3rdy about 40K buddy :) Or is that what I just keep telling myself lol!!!. I dont think we have to worry about Iran until such times as we see some "Superheavy" tanks rolling of the production line.

Arty

Or Chaos Space Marine Terminators *drools*

Big K
04 Jun 10,, 11:28
Or Chaos Space Marine Terminators *drools*

i dont think they would reach "40k" level but more likely from original warhammer

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Stitch
04 Jun 10,, 17:14
The ROF must be pretty low on that thing, or I'm guessing the recoil would push it around, even WITH the outriggers down.

gunnut
04 Jun 10,, 19:20

I can see an Orc named Boolit Spitta or Shell Shocka manning (or orcking...that sounds kinda dirty :redface:) that contraption. :biggrin:

xinhui
28 Dec 11,, 03:38
speaking of contraptions -- I think the Iranian just bump the Ak+RPG concept to a whole new level

USSWisconsin
28 Dec 11,, 03:47
If you look closely at the second picture of the eight-barreled AAA weapon you'll see what looks like a 4 barreled recoil-less rifle system behind it.

We better reclassify the Ontos as top secret or they might add two more barrels and a 361 Chrysler V8 and really show us.

USSWisconsin
28 Dec 11,, 03:55
The lack of a crew station
The fourth image in the first post has the operator in it - the picture of that Iatola guy with glasses seen between the barrels .. it works by mental telepathy - he sits in his office and guides it with his mind.

Tanker
28 Dec 11,, 04:01
^^ This. The genius of welding 8 ea 1950's vintage cannon together; I cannot get over it. This is something we never could have thought of. I DEMAND our tax dollars yield such systems. Failing that, then yes I fully endorse the kidnapping of these certified welders.

LOL...remember the big controversy I caused in the "OTHER" place over these stupid guns? Holy crap you woulda thunk I mocked Allah! 8 23mm cannons matted together on an old Sperry 90mm Skysweeper mount.

Tanker
28 Dec 11,, 04:07
After looking at the posts I see 40K is played or known by many. I got banned for posting this as their latest and greatest fighter in an Iranian Defense forum:

What I truly think is that the Military Leadership of Iran has found the new and improved advantages of CRACK and Warhammer 40K. God...I mean Allah...knows thats where they are headed.

Dreadnought
28 Dec 11,, 04:33
Its not going to be to funny to the operator when a missle comes screaming in from a UAV or Helo he cannot even see to target and blows him to pieces.

Oh thats right, they have lasers now, well there goes that plan.:biggrin::rolleyes:

Chogy
07 Jan 12,, 15:49
This thread has life!

I remember when the "Sageh" (sp?) came out - They took a spare vertical fin and welded it to an F-5, and claimed F/A-18 performance from it. As if the Northrop engineers were all idiots, and the F-5 really needs additional vertical stabilizer area.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/saegheh3.jpg

Then, there came this mythical beast, a mid-wing F-5 variant that is nothing more than a photoshopper's dream.

http://www.9abc.net/wp-content/uploads/ta-thumbnails-cache/TAdownload/2011/9/28481-1.jpg

Note that the F-5 landing gear retracts from the wing spar and places the tire in the lower fuselage. By moving the wing upwards, there is no place to put the landing gear. This jet would require a MiG-23 or F-104 style link gear to fold into the fuselage. Unfortunately, being a twin, that area is occupied by engine.

In other words, this jet is 100% photoshop. Note the drooped slats which would never be out in a typical air to air shot.

Tanker
07 Jan 12,, 17:38
This thread has life!

I remember when the "Sageh" (sp?) came out - They took a spare vertical fin and welded it to an F-5, and claimed F/A-18 performance from it. As if the Northrop engineers were all idiots, and the F-5 really needs additional vertical stabilizer area.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/saegheh3.jpg

Then, there came this mythical beast, a mid-wing F-5 variant that is nothing more than a photoshopper's dream.

http://www.9abc.net/wp-content/uploads/ta-thumbnails-cache/TAdownload/2011/9/28481-1.jpg

Note that the F-5 landing gear retracts from the wing spar and places the tire in the lower fuselage. By moving the wing upwards, there is no place to put the landing gear. This jet would require a MiG-23 or F-104 style link gear to fold into the fuselage. Unfortunately, being a twin, that area is occupied by engine.

In other words, this jet is 100% photoshop. Note the drooped slats which would never be out in a typical air to air shot.

Why do these people even try to fool the world? Do they think that we are not capable of seeing through deception? Let me tell you a little story about our former "hunting forum". I set up a fake website a few years back and I put a really good photo of a Warhammer 40K piece on it and reworked the colors to mimic the US Army in the M.E. then I posted the link non-chalantly with other links I posted. For a week one specific city in Iran was one of 4 visitors and they hit the site over 500 times. I had the IP address checked with a friend of mine here at Redstone and he told me there was a military base and an Army HQ in that city. The funny thing several of the people on that forum are Iranian Military or Police. Several of them continued to post from Tehran when the lines were down. Anyway, Iran may not have great military equipment but dammit they sure can photoshop!!!

1980s
07 Jan 12,, 18:47
Why do these people even try to fool the world? Do they think that we are not capable of seeing through deception?

In a word, yes. That is exactly what the regime thinks. And not just the World, but the Iranian people too and even themselves.

If an impatient mullah demands from the armed forces to show them results in weapons development etc and the military replies by showing the mullah some junk, how is the mullah, who is schooled in nothing but theology, supposed to know what he is seeing is junk? He doesnt. Just like the mullah will bank on people not knowing much about Islamic law etc and so can and will manipulate it to their advantage.

xinhui
07 Jan 12,, 23:20
here is another dream

xinhui
03 Mar 12,, 07:12
this is bad ass -- R27 on a TomCat