1/350 USS Van Valkenburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/350 USS Van Valkenburg

First ship model. First time using photoetched brass.

Its the Trumpeter USS The Sullivans kit. Used Toms Modelworks Photoetch Set, The YankeeModel works WW2 Ship Decals, and hand brushed Pollyscale paints.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gun Grape; 10 May 10,, 04:00.

Great!

I want some closeups....

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      First ship model. First time using photoetched brass.

Its the Trumpeter USS The Sullivans kit. Used Toms Modelworks Photoetch Set, The YankeeModel works WW2 Ship Decals, and hand brushed Pollyscale paints.
      Excellent job GG! :)
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Very nice work of one of my favorites.
        Good job.

Comment

excellent!!

Comment

Thanks guys.

In hindsight, free handing a 31/9D camo Measure wasn't the smartest idea for a first time build. A simple Measure 21 or 22 would have been less stressful. But not as fun.

I'm doing a 1/350 FFG-7 short hull now.

Got the Missouri, waiting for PE and a bit of "Skill improvement". So I can do her justice

It would be nice if we could bring some life back into the Modeling forum.

For those of you sitting on the edge of showing your work. Take the leap. Haven't seen and "rivet counters" around here.

Nord, I'll work on the closeups.
            Last edited by Gun Grape; 11 May 10,, 02:37.

Comment

Working...
            X