X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stryker Pics

The real reason Strykers can't drive off road
    Attached Files
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

SGT, who I am supposed keep my eyes on? (Murphy's Law - your picture won't be taken unless you are doing something wrong)
    Attached Files
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

3 tires towards the daily quota of 11! In seriousness - you can see that the runflats are preventing the rim from touching the road and that the CTIS is keeping the left #2 tire about 2/3 full. This Stryker will still be able to drive 30-40mph down the road for about plenty of miles or more before the runflats overheat and go kaput. If you didn't have a spare and were convoying (or needed to go a long ways back to your FOB), you could pop off the rear two left tires and then bring a middle tire over from the other side for the left rear, and then you could keep on trucking at normal speeds for as long as you need to go. If you chained up the two tireless axles, you will still have ok cross country mobility, although now your load will be distributed over 5 2/3 tires instead of 8.
      Attached Files

Comment

First donkeys, now goats? Captain, just what kind of soldiers did you have over there? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
          First donkeys, now goats? Captain, just what kind of soldiers did you have over there? :-)
          Sir, 12 months is an awful long time . . .

Comment

Mosul: Where the men are men, and the sheep don't sleep. :)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              Words can't properly express how wrong that is.

Comment

I'm glad in a way that I don't know what you two are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  lol

lol, sheep, goats, haaha, welcome to Iraq
                  for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Working...
                  X