IAF MiG 29 Baaz Vs F16 blk 50+. F 15 E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAF MiG 29 Baaz Vs F16 blk 50+. F 15 E

How good are the IAF MiG 29 Fulcrums 'Baaz' vs the F 16 Blk 50+ series and say the F 15 Eagle? I believe IAF has 60 Mig 29's and they're getting more MiG 29 K's as well, how will they fare?

I used to think the MiG 29 was one of the best fighters but I feel that it lacks in EW, and overall technology....like how the F16 Falcons have superior Jamming capabilty.

Could anybody enlighten me, I know some people here have an inherent bias againt the MiG 29 and some are blinded against its fallacies and claim it to be the best.... so if anybody could give me an objective answer, it would be really cool.

MiG-29 gets owned. K model manages to get some kills. EOD.

Comment

Originally posted by barrowaj
      can anyone elaborate on that using specs?

Comment

The F-15E is a bomber more than a fighter, though it does have impressive kinematic performance and a good radar/AAM package.

The F-15C is the air superiority model.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
          The F-15E is a bomber more than a fighter, though it does have impressive kinematic performance and a good radar/AAM package.

The F-15C is the air superiority model.
          What is the different between a bomber and a strike aircraft? Recent and latest developments have blurred the lines separating the bomber and strike roles for tactical aircrafts.

Comment

he asked for an objective answer, not subjective
            for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

"What is the different between a bomber and a strike aircraft? Recent and latest developments have blurred the lines separating the bomber and strike roles for tactical aircrafts."

Weight. The F-15E weighs a lot more than the F-15C, giving the F-15C better performance even though it has less thrust.

Comment

US aircraft will always be superior. I'm talking about production aircraft, not experimental. I used to be a total plane fanatic (the posters in my room still say I am, but that's not as true anymore), knowing every basic specification of all production military aircraft, like weight, maximum payload, role, wingspan, length, etc. The F-16 is much better in almost every way than the Mig-29. The F-15 is really an aircraft with overwhelming power. Not that it's not maneuverable.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                  US aircraft will always be superior. I'm talking about production aircraft, not experimental. I used to be a total plane fanatic (the posters in my room still say I am, but that's not as true anymore), knowing every basic specification of all production military aircraft, like weight, maximum payload, role, wingspan, length, etc. The F-16 is much better in almost every way than the Mig-29. The F-15 is really an aircraft with overwhelming power. Not that it's not maneuverable.
                  i read somewhere a few months ago that the mig29 airframe design was better than that of F16 airframe.Which airframe is better??

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
                    i read somewhere a few months ago that the mig29 airframe design was better than that of F16 airframe.Which airframe is better??
                    I'm not sure, but I think what you might mean is the aerodynamics. The MiG is a lifting body design which has higher aerodynamic efficiency than the F-16. AFAIK, the MiG can't tolerate quite the same *sustained* G-load that the F-16 can, but it has better acceleration and instantaneous G advantage. That's fine anyway because the off-boresight sight of the MiG would allow it to get off a shot much easier in a turning fight... if it got to that point. The real question in the fight would be the BVR and medium range combat performance, in which the F-16 would have the advantage due to AIM-120s and better avionics. But depending on the unkown real world performance of the R-77s, and western avionics upgrades, this advantage may not be that real.

I appologize for my curtness in my earlier response, but this discussion has been played out XXX number of times on this and other boards. I also didn't notice you were talking about the F-15 E, I just assumed you meant the C model.

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think what you might mean is the aerodynamics. The MiG is a lifting body design which has higher aerodynamic efficiency than the F-16. AFAIK, the MiG can't tolerate quite the same *sustained* G-load that the F-16 can, but it has better acceleration and instantaneous G advantage. That's fine anyway because the off-boresight sight of the MiG would allow it to get off a shot much easier in a turning fight... if it got to that point. The real question in the fight would be the BVR and medium range combat performance, in which the F-16 would have the advantage due to AIM-120s and better avionics. But depending on the unkown real world performance of the R-77s, and western avionics upgrades, this advantage may not be that real.
                      i was amazed by the statment
                      Originally posted by sniperdude411
                      The F-16 is much better in almost every way than the Mig-29.
                      since he didnt even care to mention the version of the aircrafts and looked down upon Mig29 as having inferior in almost all respects.I think thats just not the case.

Comment

"since he didnt even care to mention the version of the aircrafts and looked down upon Mig29 as having inferior in almost all respects.I think thats just not the case."

It's certainly been the case once the missiles started flying in real combat. No F-16 has ever been lost A2A to a Mig-29, whereas the F-16 has downed many Mig-29s in it's career.

Comment

"since he didnt even care to mention the version of the aircrafts and looked down upon Mig29 as having inferior in almost all respects.I think thats just not the case."

It's certainly been the case once the missiles started flying in real combat. No F-16 has ever been lost A2A to a Mig-29, whereas the F-16 has downed many Mig-29s in it's career.
                          i think the numbers will be effected in a way in case a war breaks out today between india and paksitan. For Indian Mig29 are surely better than the Pak F16. My only point is that the comparison should be made wrt versions /specifications and not with only mentioning just mig29 and F16. as numerouse versions exist with differnt capabilities. The only set of things common to F16 all versions / Mig29 all versions will be the airframe properties engine etc.. Evthing else like avionics radars ECMS are diferent in different models. even the engine is different in F16 versions. I think its better to stick to the F16 version vomparison with some other mig29 version rather than generalizing it for F16 is better than Mig 29. Surely a statement like F16 blk 60 is better than any current version of Mig29 isnt a prob but a F16 blk 15 isnt really good nough for all Mig29s.

Comment

The F-16's technology is way better; without advanced missles, it could still probably down a Mig. When loaded-down with weapons, the F-16 can still make tight turns.

Comment

well, consider that in all cases, the enym was outnumbered by Ameican forces, the American forces had significantly better intel on the situation, more support, better pilots, poorly maintained aircraft by the opponent, inferior training, no support=overwhelming victory, just makes sense
                              for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Working...
                              X