Pesach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pesach

I do like to honor the traditions of my wife, daughter and friends. Passover begins at sundown and it's sundown somewhere on the WAB. So here's wishing all a happy Passover.:))
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Happy Pesach and Chag Sameach (Good Yomtiv for all the Ashkenazi Jews amongst us). Just finished our Seder and cleaning up about half an hour ago. Had my (future) stepdad and (future) stepbrothers over to do it with us. Had lots of fun.

Don't you just love Matza? (The answer is no...)
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

A school of gefelte fish were just spotted in the Hudson River...

Happy holiday~
      You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
        I do like to honor the traditions of my wife, daughter and friends. Passover begins at sundown and it's sundown somewhere on the WAB. So here's wishing all a happy Passover.:))
        Had no idea your wife was a Jew.

Happy Pesah buddy!

At my place, we left two chairs empty: one for Eliyahu the Prophet, and one for Gilad Shalit.
        In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
        The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Screwed up on the dates....:( and I really like matza....yes....I really do.
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
            Had no idea your wife was a Jew.

Happy Pesah buddy!

At my place, we left two chairs empty: one for Eliyahu the Prophet, and one for Gilad Shalit.
            Well, exwife but hey, who's counting. Thanks. I have been to Israel four times but that was for business.;):))

by Debbie
            Screwed up on the dates.... and I really like matza....yes....I really do.
            You've got seven more days. Please tell me you don't eat gevilte fish!?
            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

...and from me.
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Well, exwife but hey, who's counting. Thanks. I have been to Israel four times but that was for business.;):))

You've got seven more days. Please tell me you don't eat gevilte fish!?
                Just looked it up and they sound and look good to me. Not to sure on the matza though, they look a bit dry and I'm not a 'cracker' eater.

Comment

Happy Pesach!

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                    Just looked it up and they sound and look good to me. Not to sure on the matza though, they look a bit dry and I'm not a 'cracker' eater.
                    Gefilte fish is quite tasty, actually, especially with a little horseradish on it and some cooked carrots.

I hate matza. It taste worse than the box it comes in. There are three types of Matza: Machine made (slightly edible), machine made "Shmura" matza (for those that are Holier than thou), and hand made "Shmura" matza (Moses is my homeboy). My family has been eating the hand made stuff for years. As soon as I was old enough to think for myself I switched to the machine stuff.

I still hate it, but it's easier for sandwich making. No, the sandwiches do not taste good.
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                      Gefilte fish is quite tasty, actually, especially with a little horseradish on it and some cooked carrots.
                      I can appreciate gefilte fish, but I think it's one of those things you need to have grown up with.

"Yeah, balls of ground-up fish. In jelly. But really, they're good! Just make sure you put enough of the red horseradish that you can't actually taste them."
                      Last edited by Genosaurer; 01 Apr 10,, 04:25. Reason: I can't spell.
                      "Nature abhors a moron." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Genosaurer View Post
                        I can appreciate gefilte fish, but I think it's one of those things you need to have grown up with.

"Yeah, balls of ground-up fish. In jelly. But really, they're good! Just make sure you put enough of the red horseradish that you can't actually taste them."
                        Now that you mention Horseradish, they sound good! :))

And good morning to a fellow Pennsylvanian. Whereabouts? I work at Fort Indiantown Gap, from the Lebanon area.
                        "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnG View Post
                          And good morning to a fellow Pennsylvanian. Whereabouts? I work at Fort Indiantown Gap, from the Lebanon area.
                          I'm currently in Emmaus (Allentown area), not too far from where you are.

Oh, and no one mentioned the best thing about Passover (for US residents who live in an area with a sufficiently large Jewish population) - Kosher for Passover Coke! I only wish we could get it year-round.
                          "Nature abhors a moron." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Are you serious? Please tell me you're kidding...

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                              I hate matza. It taste worse than the box it comes in. There are three types of Matza: Machine made (slightly edible), machine made "Shmura" matza (for those that are Holier than thou), and hand made "Shmura" matza (Moses is my homeboy). My family has been eating the hand made stuff for years. As soon as I was old enough to think for myself I switched to the machine stuff.

I still hate it, but it's easier for sandwich making. No, the sandwiches do not taste good.
                              Well......didn't say it tasted good, just said I liked it. :))
                              Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Working...
                              X