PDA

View Full Version : 24/03/10 - Denial of Service Attack

Martin
24 Mar 10,, 22:01
WAB has been on the bad end of a nasty DoS attack the past few hours. We were forced to null route the site's IP address.

This appears to have subsided for the moment.

Unfortunately we were unable to provide further information to the community at this time. Thanks for your patience!

gunnut
24 Mar 10,, 22:39
Just today? I recall getting outages for the past day, maybe 2 days.

Martin
24 Mar 10,, 22:50
There were shorter attacks, yes, but today was a constant issue.

We already have the site behind a hardware DoS mitigation device but may need to look into further protection.

Dago
24 Mar 10,, 23:18
OK, thanks for the information.

I was actually thinking it was my end, I thought my hosts file got hijacked, and was getting redirected to searchonthego.net - After not finding anything in the hosts, thought it was somthing similar, so I downloaded malwarebytes, had esnet scanning, as well as adaware and finally combofix... was paranoid.

Glad to see it's back up! I'll stop running my scans now hah.

Sumku
24 Mar 10,, 23:37
Good to see WAB Back-up and Running.
Going by the last experience, I was able to figure out such.

dave lukins
25 Mar 10,, 12:33
Good to be back.

Martin
29 Mar 10,, 03:07
Further to this problem we have decided to take action and move the site to a significantly more powerful server hence today's downtime.

Julie
29 Mar 10,, 04:12
Since we were under "attack," are we at risk, and would this be a good time to change our passwords, if we haven't in awhile? Or does it matter?

bolo121
29 Mar 10,, 06:04
Was WAB hit again? Couldnt access the site on Sunday and Sat evening as well.

RustyBattleship
29 Mar 10,, 07:05
I was able to access WAB through Google, but only on certain catagories, not the home page.

dave lukins
29 Mar 10,, 10:36
Good to be back on line again

Martin
29 Mar 10,, 13:36
Since we were under "attack," are we at risk, and would this be a good time to change our passwords, if we haven't in awhile? Or does it matter?

Changing passwords regularly is always good however WAB has NOT been compromised so there is no specific threat to your account integrity.

Julie
29 Mar 10,, 23:07
Changing passwords regularly is always good however WAB has NOT been compromised so there is no specific threat to your account integrity.Whew! Good to know. :)