PDA

View Full Version : Obama has beer bet delivered to Ottawa

Exarecr
19 Mar 10,, 20:09
U.S. Ambassador to Canada David Jacobson presented a 24 of Molsons to the PM,s residence from President Obama in payment for the defeat of Team USA at the hands of Team Canada. Also included was a case of "Yuengling Beer",(sounds like some form of soya sauce)thrown in by the Prez as a bonus. Twenty-four Molson beers.....enough to get 24 Americans tipsy.:)):)):))

Bluesman
19 Mar 10,, 20:31
U.S. Ambassador to Canada David Jacobson presented a 24 of Molsons to the PM,s residence from President Obama in payment for the defeat of Team USA at the hands of Team Canada. Also included was a case of "Yuengling Beer",(sounds like some form of soya sauce)thrown in by the Prez as a bonus. Twenty-four Molson beers.....enough to get 24 Americans tipsy.:)):)):))

I'm glad we didn't win. Obama would've just had to apologize.

Go ahead, Canada: ya'll can have 'Hockey' in your column. We already got lots of other stuff.;)

Exarecr
19 Mar 10,, 20:36
I'm glad we didn't win. Obama would've just had to apologize.

Go ahead, Canada: ya'll can have 'Hockey' in your column. We already got lots of other stuff.;)

Come on now...If you don,t play a sport.......nuke em.:))

tankie
19 Mar 10,, 20:50
Heh heh , naybors , everybody needs good nayyyyyyyyybors ,,,,,,,,,,,,, food fight .:biggrin:

Exarecr
19 Mar 10,, 20:56
Heh heh , naybors , everybody needs good nayyyyyyyyybors ,,,,,,,,,,,,, food fight .:biggrin:

Speaking of food fights, have you ever been hit by a "beaver tail". It is a sweet thing indeed.:biggrin:

Bluesman
19 Mar 10,, 21:17
I kid. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Canadians (mostly; some of that 'human rights' scam y'all got goin' up there is WICKED).

Good allies, great neighbors, and except for some REALLY obnoxious posters with a massive inferiority complex and a chip on their shoulder about it that we've had to smack down, y'all are REALLY cool folk.

troung
19 Mar 10,, 21:21
The birthers are looking in the wrong place; Obama is actually sending tribute to his Canadian overlords.

[horrible] neighbors, and [because] for [all of the] REALLY obnoxious posters with a massive inferiority complex and a chip on their shoulder about it that we've had to smack down, y'all are REALLY [awful] folk.

Edited

Bluesman
19 Mar 10,, 21:28
The birthers are looking in the wrong place; Obama is actually sending tribute to his Canadian overlords.

Edited

HAH!:biggrin:

Officer of Engineers
19 Mar 10,, 21:34
I kid. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Canadians (mostly; some of that 'human rights' scam y'all got goin' up there is WICKED).

Good allies, great neighbors, and except for some REALLY obnoxious posters with a massive inferiority complex and a chip on their shoulder about it that we've had to smack down, y'all are REALLY cool folk.So you forgive us for She Who Shall Not Be Named? Wow.

Would you mind keeping Alanis Morissette also?

Bluesman
19 Mar 10,, 21:44
So you forgive us for She Who Shall Not Be Named? Wow.

Would you mind keeping Alanis Morissette also?

Are you TRYING to start a fight? I mean, I was trying to be all good-neighborly, and THIS is your answer?

troung
19 Mar 10,, 21:48
So you forgive us for She Who Shall Not Be Named? Wow.

He wakes up two minutes earlier each day so he can hate you people more.

wellman
19 Mar 10,, 21:55
i think it would be REALLYYYYYYYYYYY fun to have a olympic event for american football. i wonder who would win :D

Exarecr
19 Mar 10,, 22:12
Are you TRYING to start a fight? I mean, I was trying to be all good-neighborly, and THIS is your answer?

Nothing a jagged little pill won,t fix.......:biggrin:

Officer of Engineers
19 Mar 10,, 22:14
I am going to be neigbourly and suggests ear plugs.

ShawnG
20 Mar 10,, 13:51
Yuengling Lager is the greatest American Beer ever brewed (it's also the oldest brewery in the US)--it's local for me (brewery is 45 minutes away) and is the beer of choice among 60% of the local populus (would be 100%, but I included Miller Lite/Bud Lite/Girls...*ahem*...Coor's Light drinkers).

Canada gave us Dan Akroyd and John Candy, can't argue with that!

Gun Grape
20 Mar 10,, 17:17
Yuengling Lager is the greatest American Beer ever brewed (it's also the oldest brewery in the US)--it's local for me (brewery is 45 minutes away) and is the beer of choice among 60% of the local populus (would be 100%, but I included Miller Lite/Bud Lite/Girls...*ahem*...Coor's Light drinkers).

I'll tip back one of their Black and Tans every once in a while. The Lagers seem a bit watery though.

YellowFever
22 Mar 10,, 21:08
Forgive a question from an amateur (i.e. I'm not an alcoholic like alot of you :P ) but I thought Pabst was the oldest brewery in the U.S. :confused:

tankie
22 Mar 10,, 21:12
Forgive a question from an amateur (i.e. I'm not an alcoholic like alot of
you :P )

pfffffftttttttt get out more often with the likes of mwahhh ,soon sort ya out :biggrin:

YellowFever
22 Mar 10,, 22:20
pfffffftttttttt get out more often with the likes of mwahhh ,soon sort ya out :biggrin:

No thankyou, tankster.....

Rather do my drinking with glasses.....not gallon buckets. :P

Gun Grape
22 Mar 10,, 23:43
Forgive a question from an amateur (i.e. I'm not an alcoholic like alot of you :P ) but I thought Pabst was the oldest brewery in the U.S. :confused:

Thats why we don't pay you to think.:biggrin:

Pabst Brewing company 1844

Yuengling and Sons Brewery 1829

bigross86
22 Mar 10,, 23:44
Forgive a question from an amateur (i.e. I'm not an alcoholic like alot of you :P )

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk. Alcoholics admit it.

Remember: It's only binge drinking if you stop

I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I pass out. No problem!

And finally, my all time favorite:

Rehab is for quitters!!

Canmoore
23 Mar 10,, 05:22

I really want to try Yuengling, I love trying new beers. Especially from breweries that have been around for some time.

Obama had to buy Harper a case of Molsen Canadian. Molsen is the oldest brewery in Canada, and North America. Hell it is almost as old as the U.S.!! founded in 1786.

talking about nostalgia, I saw a case of Molsen Golden in the beer store the other week. I thought that Molsen gave up on that brand?

ShawnG
23 Mar 10,, 12:14
I really want to try Yuengling, I love trying new beers. Especially from breweries that have been around for some time.

Obama had to buy Harper a case of Molsen Canadian. Molsen is the oldest brewery in Canada, and North America. Hell it is almost as old as the U.S.!! founded in 1786.

talking about nostalgia, I saw a case of Molsen Golden in the beer store the other week. I thought that Molsen gave up on that brand?

It all depends on what kind of beer you are more partial to. Yuengling Lager is an amber, but if you like heavier beers you would like Black and Tan (40% Lager, 60% Dark Brewed Porter).

I have seen Molsen Golden around at distributors still, though I used to drink a lot of Labatt Blue and Molsen Canadian a few years back.

I really love Sam Adams' seasonal brews too. Oktoberfest is my favorite, followed by the Winter Ale.... It's too bad they are only around for a short time.

ShawnG
23 Mar 10,, 12:17
I'll tip back one of their Black and Tans every once in a while. The Lagers seem a bit watery though.

You're a heavier/darker beer drinker. My Uncles, Dad, and I make our own Black and Tans with Yuengling and Guiness.

I like Yuengling as a medium brew--for me it's not too watery, but not like a loaf of bread either.

YellowFever
23 Mar 10,, 16:29
What kinda crappy name is "yuenglings" anyway??

Isn't that what Yoda called those snot nosed jedi-in-training rug rats in episode 3?

DPrime
23 Mar 10,, 16:45

What kind of Molson was it? Molson Canadian, presumably?

At any rate, I've had Yuengling and it's great, much better than anything by Molson or Labatt. I can't even drink that stuff anymore... I much prefer imports, though I do like Canadian microbrews.

ShawnG
23 Mar 10,, 18:06
What kinda crappy name is "yuenglings" anyway??

Isn't that what Yoda called those snot nosed jedi-in-training rug rats in episode 3?

In PA what you just said is Sacreligious!

I do, however, know a Master Sergeant Schmuck--and to be honest, I'd rather have the name Yuengling than Schmuck. :P

bigross86
23 Mar 10,, 18:17
In PA what you just said is Sacreligious!

I do, however, know a Master Sergeant Schmuck--and to be honest, I'd rather have the name Yuengling than Schmuck. :P

He must have had a ball during boot camp. One of the guys I went through basic with also had an impossible name. There's always one...

Canmoore
24 Mar 10,, 02:48
What kind of Molson was it? Molson Canadian, presumably?

At any rate, I've had Yuengling and it's great, much better than anything by Molson or Labatt. I can't even drink that stuff anymore... I much prefer imports, though I do like Canadian microbrews.

Hey Hey now, dont you diss my Molson Export!! love it:biggrin:

Chogy
24 Mar 10,, 14:07
My greatest (and most eye-opening) Canadian + drinking experience was a Maple Flag exercise, CFB Cold Lake. We arrive to discover an airdrome in the middle of millions of acres of... nothing. One pub imported strippers from Edmonton to keep the international crews entertained, which also drew some real oddballs from out of the bush. I found myself drinking next to some variety of Native American. I asked him what he does for a living... he looked at me like I was nuts. "Fish and hunt." Very taciturn guy, but he was jamming to the strippers. ;)

Any way, back to Canadian pilots, Canadians in general, + booze. We thought we were tough. I didn't think it was possible for human beings to drink so much and still live. Those guys drank us comatose.

We decided it had to be because there was nothing else to do! :biggrin:

bigross86
24 Mar 10,, 14:42
I once went drinking with two Englishmen and an Irishman. At the end of the day the one Englishman looks at me with a slightly bleary cross-eyed look and says "You know something, you drink pretty well for a foreigner!"

Jesus, I had never drank like that ever before in my life. Hell, me and the one guy drank a liter and a half of beer each in 15 minutes. We ordered a 3 liter yard glass, the barkeep poured it for us and then informed us that we had 15 minutes. After recovering from our shock of "What kind of pub in Auckland closes on Sunday at 10:00 PM?" (Most of them, it turns out), we figured might as well get down to business...

Gun Grape
27 Mar 10,, 17:53
You're a heavier/darker beer drinker. My Uncles, Dad, and I make our own Black and Tans with Yuengling and Guiness.

I like Yuengling as a medium brew--for me it's not too watery, but not like a loaf of bread either.

Usually make mine with Guinness and Sam Adams White Ale. But for a bottled B&T Yuenglings aren't bad.

The same person that introduced me to Yuenglings also gave me a few Iron Cities. I think all but that first one is still buried deep in my fridge.

YellowFever
06 Apr 10,, 15:47

Hopfully, Obama didn't ask the Gunny to deliver it.

He would've dropped it all over the American/Canadian border. :))

bigross86
06 Apr 10,, 15:48
Low shot. I like it!!