Bunker Busters shipped to Diego Garcia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunker Busters shipped to Diego Garcia

YouTube - Is the US going to attack Iran?

Havent been able to watch this video, due to the lack of headphones.

Bunker Busters Shipped to Diego Garcia: Imminent Attack or Strategic Move? | The Seminal

Like the article states, imminent "surgical strikes" or purely precaution.

Thoughts.
    "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

to sum it up, not to any surprise:

USA bad, US military bad, US military terrorizes poor Iraqis, US military uses horrific weapons, US cannot possibly handle a third "war", US blah blah blah, blah blah evil, blah blah lies, blah blah....

also, since when are Bunker Busters Horrific weapons comparable to that of WMDs?

Comment

I'm guessing precaution. Besides, those aren't true "bunker busters", like the GBU-28, just Mk. 83's & Mk. 84's with hardened casings & GPS kits.
      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
        I'm guessing precaution. Besides, those aren't true "bunker busters", like the GBU-28, just Mk. 83's & Mk. 84's with hardened casings & GPS kits.
        It does mean that B-2's can fly from CONUS, bomb divert to DG and rearm and stage from there.

Although they are not deep penetrators are are better suited for hitting command posts.

We also have 3 carriers in the area (2 more at sea), 32of our sub force is underway and 5 amphibs.

The US Navy

Also it looks like 2 of the Ohio class SSGN's could be on deployment or ready to sail.

If I am right

the US could start the dance with 20 B-2's, 3 carrier groups, and 2 Ohio SSGN's. That works out to about 750 cruise missiles, and 200 or so combat aircraft. No where near ideal, but a credible threat to Iran's coast. And the coast is where the real battles will be. Break Iran's ability to blockade and she loses.

Comment

How is a bunker buster a 'horrific weapon' for use against the people of Iran?

I wouldn't have thought the a weapon with ability to surgically strike underground point targets would be fairly useless against population centers.

Cluster munitions on the other hand...:))
          The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but 5 CSG's is rather a lot to all be at sea at once isn't it?
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

pari,

Excuse my ignorance but 5 CSG's is rather a lot to all be at sea at once isn't it?
              USN practices relatively rapid "surges" of 6+ CSGs.
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                Not really, there should be 2-3 carriers in each stage- on the way to station/ working up, on station/patrol, on the way home from station, in port. Depending on where each carrier is in its deployment and how long those deployments are,you could have 8-9 carriers at sea at any one time.

However, when you combine the shipments of arms with increased ABM assets in the Persian Gulf region it looks like the US is quietly preparing for war.

U.S. Increases Missile Defense In Persian Gulf, As It Imposes Sanctions Against Iran - cbs2.com

But is it all a bluff? We are heading towards longer and longer days which isn't necessarily a good thing for us since we own the night. Unless of course we want longer days to make Iranian mining efforts harder to do under the cover of darkness.

We might also be racing the Russian's and the shipment of S-300 SAM's to Iran.

'Russia guarantees delivery of S-300 system to Iran'

As Alice said, things just keep getting curiouser and curiouser......

Comment

*Look at it this way, its a political checkmate. If the US wanted to start something then you wouldn't be reading about these weapons being shipped to their location. They would have already been there without the press or anyone else knowing. The dont advertise this unless they want too. Apparently, Mr Obama wants the Iranian regime to know that time is running short and so is patience. But notice also he has not made any statements and neither have the Israeli's. If Russia is going to arm Iran with the S-300 or even S-400 then its only fitting.

Those kinds of sanctions (ordinance) dont get voted on by China or Russia.:P
                  Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Russia has been stalling on S-300 deliveries for years. Russia may be worried the S-300 may not live up to its reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                      Russia has been stalling on S-300 deliveries for years. Russia may be worried the S-300 may not live up to its reputation.
                      IMO, The altitude the newest wave of bunker busters or Blu's can be dropped from would pretty much render the sytem usless anyway if we chose not to blind them first.;)

I say a trade off, if Iran continues its course and Russia arms them with the S series SAM'S, then why not a trade, we give the Israeli's the bunker busters, let them take out Iran like they did Syria's reactor in return they send the Mossad after Bin Laden's little group and produce the dessert rats or their bodies, whichever dont bother me in the least.

A win/win result.;)

And just think, no technicalities like passports!:))
                      Last edited by Dreadnought; 18 Mar 10,, 18:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                        If the US wanted to start something then you wouldn't be reading about these weapons being shipped to their location. They would have already been there without the press or anyone else knowing. The dont advertise this unless they want too.
                        That's the first thing I thought, too. We do not EVER announce what ammo exists where, or any other military capability, unless that very info is being used as the 'weapon'.

We know about this because we're supposed to.

And frankly, it was a very bad play. The weapon we've chosen - BLUSTER - is a weak one, when the enemy knows that when it comes right down to it, you lack the will to carry out the threat.

Because if it's a bluff, and I suspect that it is, and I suspect the Iranians also suspect that it's a bluff, it's likely to be called. And that leaves us two bad choices, and we put ourselves in this spot. My prediction: the saber has been rattled, and the Iranians, having taken the measure of this 'man', are not much impressed, and utterly ignore us, or possibly even beard us, provoke us, taunt us, and STILL nothing happens to 'em...

I've been right about this for five years. I predicted this is where we'd end up. I just didn't think we'd be this feckless and beclown ourselves this badly along the way.

This idiot can't play this game in the Big Leagues. He's over-matched.

As I've said since long before his election.
                        Last edited by Bluesman; 18 Mar 10,, 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                          pari,

USN practices relatively rapid "surges" of 6+ CSGs.
                          And the Fleet Response Plan states that six of these groups need to be deployed, or ready for deployment within 30 days at any given time, while two additional CSG's must be ready for deployment within 90 days.
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Bluesman Reply

"I've been right about this for five years. I predicted this is where we'd end up."

Where'd we end up? Staring at an Iran five years further to an objective we can trace back to 1983 and crystalline by 2003? Let's be plain-the Turkish prime minister can look the world in the face the other day and declare that he's comfortable that the Iranian nuclear program has nothing but peaceful intent.

He's an idiot or a duplicitous gambler who cares not about their enrichment capability, development of triggers and delivery systems. America needs to understand that NOBODY will thank us afterward should we take these pricks down. NOBODY. Not Turkey, Iraq, KSA, Pakistan, PRC, Russia, western Europe, Venezuela or the rest of S. America.

The world will, btw, demand that the Powell doctrine be invoked as well-"You broke it. You fix it."

I hope that we quit pissing around, take these miserable fcuks down, and tell the rest of the world that if they need Iran's energy then they can feel free to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again. We've the means to ELIMINATE this problem for the forseeable future and do so within 2-4 months of sustained bombardment time.

And what a mess it'll be when finished and done right. We'll be, btw, just fine. Iran will understand if it ever gets back on its feet that we'll knock the living sh!t out of them if they presume to attempt the same again. So too others.

This interminable dance has proved that our diplomats have the ear of NOBODY and time has come to stop waltzing in la-la land. Sanctions are B.S. and everybody and anybody know it. The leaks will be endless and the time bought by Iran to achieve null effect by us an exercise in blatant stupidity.

A year from now will prove too late. It's about time to go but it won't happen and it long since should.
                            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

IMO, The guy is an idiot. He has nothing but his own anti war rant as a basis, no concrete facts and the facts he does speak of are absolutely wrong and have been proven time and time again. And here I thought they were going to interview someone intelligent with insight and not an idiot with his own version of the facts and anti war slant. My fault I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X