PDA

View Full Version : NRL Season 2010

pennsy
10 Mar 10,, 12:15
Better still who follows the NRL? Promises to be a great season with the Melbourne Storm and the Parramatta Eels the red hot tips.

The season kicks off on Friday night with the Brisbane Broncos hosting the Cowboys and the Dragons at war with the Eels.

It will be great to see the big hits and a few busted heads again:cool:

bigross86
10 Mar 10,, 13:00
More of a Union follower myself, Hamilton Chiefs and the Super 14, but in ARL I'll take Brissy.

pennsy
10 Mar 10,, 13:15
More of a Union follower myself, Hamilton Chiefs and the Super 14, but in ARL I'll take Brissy.

Sorry, I can't stand union as it's mainly played by guys who can't play real football;)

Yeah the Broncos have got a chance but I think they might be light on in the pigs this year.

pennsy
15 Mar 10,, 12:43
The first round of the season has been completed with a few shock results, some good footy and some fire and brimstone.

The Dragons waged and won a game of trench warfare against the Eels. With discipline and aggressive forward tactic the Dragons shut down the Eels playmakers and star player Jared Hayn. Final score 18-12.

In contrast the other Friday night game saw the Broncos out last a fast finishing Cowboys side 30-24. Some spectacular tries scored in this one, but defence will have to improve if either team is to challenge at the season end.

A depleted and strife torn Knights humbled a pathetic Bulldogs 20-16.

The Panthers blasted a disappointing Raiders side 34-16.

Weakened by injuries to key players the Storm defeated a gutsy Sharks side 14-10.

The Titans overan the Warriors 24-18.

Talked up during the off season on the back of some big name signings,the Rabbitohs were expected to steamroll a lightre Roosters side. Instead the Roosters flogged the Rabbitohs 36-10 with former bad boys Todd Carney and Nate Myles playing outstanding games.

Monday night football dished up a spectacular match with the Sea Eagles all but home and hosed 20-4 at half time. The Tigers came out will a full tank after half time and simply tore the Sea Eagles to shred in a torrid affair, which may severly impact the losers campaign, with three players on report for high shots and fullback Brett Stewart likely to miss upto 8 weeks with a medial tear to his left knee..

Next round should be a cracker.