The Dude Abides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dude Abides

Nice to see talent get recognition. About Time.

sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Bigfella Reply

"Nice to see talent get recognition. About Time."

Always been a star in my mind. Moved me for the first time back with STARMAN. Hasn't really stopped since. Special guy that just "gets it". Indeed Bridges does abide.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Thought the title might get you in. ;)
      sigpic

Comment

That's a movie which is on my Do Not Download list
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

bigross86 Reply

"That's a movie which is on my Do Not Download list"

Care to elaborate?
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
            "Nice to see talent get recognition. About Time."

Always been a star in my mind. Moved me for the first time back with STARMAN. Hasn't really stopped since. Special guy that just "gets it". Indeed Bridges does abide.
            Tron!

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
              "That's a movie which is on my Do Not Download list"

Care to elaborate?
              Meaning that there are lots of movies which I will not spend money on. I will wait until one of my friends buys the DVD or something, then I will copy it. I don't download per se (viruses/firewall), and I don't transfer on to other people, but Do Not Download sounds better than Do Not Copy From Friends.

This movie is a movie which I will gladly go watch in the theaters.
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

He should have gotten it for The Big Lebowski, even so it's nice to see him recognized at last. :)

“The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.”
                Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

My favorite Bridges movie is Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood; he should've won the Best Supporting Actor award that year.
                  "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by tim52 View Post
                    He should have gotten it for The Big Lebowski, even so it's nice to see him recognized at last. :)

Agreed. One of my favourite films. How can you go past a film with a subplot involving a Krautrock band called Autobahn armed with a cricket bat & a ferret? The Academy should be ashamed of itself.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Agreed. One of my favourite films. How can you go past a film with a subplot involving a Krautrock band called Autobahn armed with a cricket bat & a ferret? The Academy should be ashamed of itself.
                      True, too true ....... sigh
                      Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

Lebowski

"True, too true ....... sigh"

Beyond the academy. Felliniesque with a twist of Busby Berkeley and a hit or two of acid-

Comment

Working...
                        X