PDA

View Full Version : The Dude Abides

Bigfella
08 Mar 10,, 08:31
Nice to see talent get recognition. About Time.

Y0349E7kFEM

S2
08 Mar 10,, 08:39
"Nice to see talent get recognition. About Time."

Always been a star in my mind. Moved me for the first time back with STARMAN. Hasn't really stopped since. Special guy that just "gets it". Indeed Bridges does abide.

Bigfella
08 Mar 10,, 08:44
Thought the title might get you in. ;)

bigross86
08 Mar 10,, 09:00
That's a movie which is on my Do Not Download list

S2
08 Mar 10,, 09:18
"That's a movie which is on my Do Not Download list"

Care to elaborate?

Doomarias
08 Mar 10,, 09:20
"Nice to see talent get recognition. About Time."

Always been a star in my mind. Moved me for the first time back with STARMAN. Hasn't really stopped since. Special guy that just "gets it". Indeed Bridges does abide.

Tron!

bigross86
08 Mar 10,, 09:36
"That's a movie which is on my Do Not Download list"

Care to elaborate?

Meaning that there are lots of movies which I will not spend money on. I will wait until one of my friends buys the DVD or something, then I will copy it. I don't download per se (viruses/firewall), and I don't transfer on to other people, but Do Not Download sounds better than Do Not Copy From Friends.

This movie is a movie which I will gladly go watch in the theaters.

tim52
15 Mar 10,, 22:33
He should have gotten it for The Big Lebowski, even so it's nice to see him recognized at last. :)

The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.

Stitch
15 Mar 10,, 22:48
My favorite Bridges movie is Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood; he should've won the Best Supporting Actor award that year.

Bigfella
16 Mar 10,, 09:11
He should have gotten it for The Big Lebowski, even so it's nice to see him recognized at last. :)

Agreed. One of my favourite films. How can you go past a film with a subplot involving a Krautrock band called Autobahn armed with a cricket bat & a ferret? :biggrin::biggrin: The Academy should be ashamed of itself.

tim52
16 Mar 10,, 15:01
Agreed. One of my favourite films. How can you go past a film with a subplot involving a Krautrock band called Autobahn armed with a cricket bat & a ferret? :biggrin::biggrin: The Academy should be ashamed of itself.

True, too true ....... sigh

S2
19 Mar 10,, 02:28
"True, too true ....... sigh"

Beyond the academy. Felliniesque with a twist of Busby Berkeley and a hit or two of acid-

cz2ET5K6zY0&feature=related