PC Geopolitical/Warfare Simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Geopolitical/Warfare Simulation

Have any of you had a chance to play Superpower the game? I think its the best
    Military-Geopolitical simulation game ever created .. I havent had a chance to get my hands on the second one.... any enthusiasts here? Also what other serious Geopolitical/warfare/economic simulation games do you recommend...? (no Red Alert doesnt qualify)

The game uses the CIA database, and has all the current Military,Airforce, Naval units of each country....like India's SU 30 MKI, Arjun tanks...etc

http://www.pcgameworld.com/review.ph.../SuperPower_2/

For those of you who dont know about it, check out the review with its screen shots... Love to have more people playing this game.. it would be great to have a discussion about conducting simulated warfare between countries using their existing military potential.
    Last edited by Aryaramnaes; 22 Apr 05,, 04:51.

Comment

That game looks really cool. I like how it's so broad; too bad it's not for Mac.

Comment

I heard it suffers from serious technical glitches, I wonder if the seuel addresses any of these.

Comment

is there perhaps a demo for this game?
          for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

I think so, go to the site (I'm too lazy to post it).

Comment

yea, i downloaded the demo, really interesting

there aren't many glitches, i played it for about 9 hours now, no glitches or crashes at all, prolly depends on your computer, i'm definitely buying this game, or downloading full retail version

guys, have you tried the demo, if so, i hate actual battle, you can't maneuver any of your troops, it's kind of annoying
              for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

I can't get the demo to run. It says "connecting" forever.

Comment

Dima, Ive read alot of your posts, and as a fellow military buff, i thought you of all people would LOVE this game...! I have Global Power from Golem Labs with me, its the prototype to superpower 1 and 2, it suffers from a few glitches... but super power 2 doesnt have bugs ... they've perfected the engine....

its a great game if ur into strategy.... and warfare.....

Comment

Yeah the game graphics wise isnt that great, and the real time battles are also not that great.... but this is more of a macro political/economic/military simulator.
                    Requires alot of patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryaramnaes
                      Dima, Ive read alot of your posts, and as a fellow military buff, i thought you of all people would LOVE this game...! I have Global Power from Golem Labs with me, its the prototype to superpower 1 and 2, it suffers from a few glitches... but super power 2 doesnt have bugs ... they've perfected the engine....

its a great game if ur into strategy.... and warfare.....
                      yea, it's an amazing game, i'm so hooked right now, sadly, in the demo you can only be Russia, and they give you a time limit, which really sucks, i don't understand why they would do that

a lot of economics involved, EXTREMELY EXTREMELY interesting, the politics is really cool, Military options in the demo are extremely limited

the graphics aren't that bad, what i absolutely hate is how fast the economic position of your country changes, in like 1 day you can go froma GDP of $1.5 trillion to only $880 billion, i also wish there was more demographics involved in the game

overall, amazing game

wow, i'm so excited, jumping out of my seat, i can't sit down, lol

IN THE FULL RETAIL VERSION YOU CNA PLAY AS 193 NATIONS, that's insane, you can bring Iraq from the depths of misery to defeating America, imagine that, so many possibilities
                      for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

My friend keeps refeering this one game to me; I think it's called WW3. It sounds alot like SuperPower2, but more like risk.
                        The gameplay is kinda weird, since it's all based in Europe, and there are "rounds" that start every seven months. And I don't know what he's talking about, either. I googled it, and found this little free online game thing, but it's more like a forum, without an interface. Kind of like Nationstates.

Oh well.

Comment

Superpower 2 is a game with a lot of potential, but I was very disappointed in some aspects of it. The actual war waging itself leaves a lot to be desired, because it is simply moving collections of equipment around on the map, with very little in the way of realism (Syria almost always conquers Israel by itself!!! and units/equipment are not used in a coordinated fashion). Also, I dislike how the economic system tends to balance out with time (your nation will eventually end up producing exactly as much as it consumes in every category if you make everything free market).

Improvements I would make to this game would be adding a kind of "Operational Art of War" style tactical combat system (and unit generation too... build brigades and divisions instead of simply lumping equipment and men together.... there is a lot more to war than that), as well as tweaking the economic system to be more realistic. Also, realistic naval combat and transportation would be nice as well (it is sooo easy to invade the United States as say Russia or Iran, it isn't even funny).

Comment

Working...
                          X