Vancouver Closing Ceremonies..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver Closing Ceremonies..

Alot of people...mainly non canadians are bashing the closing ceremonies...just goes to show that our self-depreciating humour is unique in the world!! I thought that the flying moose and giant inflated mounties were the best!! I was busting a gut at the HUGE table hockey game ROFL

Well done Vancouver, what a beautiful place....every 2nd Aussie wants to go there for a holiday now....

Comment

Just heard that Linsey Vonn's gold medal in Downhill has been revoked and awarded to Barack Obama.

Apparently the IOC's reasoning was that "nobody has gone downhill faster than Obama". :))
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
        Alot of people...mainly non canadians are bashing the closing ceremonies...just goes to show that our self-depreciating humour is unique in the world!! I thought that the flying moose and giant inflated mounties were the best!! I was busting a gut at the HUGE table hockey game ROFL
        Wait...what? Flying moose and inflated mounties? I missed all those? Anywhere I can watch this online?
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I started watching the cermony when the gigantic inflated Mounties were brought in. At first I thought the men bringing them in were real RCMP's in their dress uniforms.

Until they went into a dance. I assumed then that they were not real Mounties and then switched over to the sci-fi channel.
          Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Beavers....loved the Giant Beavers.
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X