PDA

View Full Version : Wow, It's Been Five Years . . .

Shek
25 Feb 10,, 03:52
. . . since I joined the forum. In fact, I'm sitting in the exact same room in my house where I made my first post. I'm surprised I didn't get hassled too much since I came in here blasting away at OOE, M21, and TopHatter over the Stryker. :)) Hard to believe that was five years ago (or 2.75 kids ago, depending on how you keep track of time).

highsea
25 Feb 10,, 04:27
You really haven't even been all that intolerable, Major.

You've even gone up in rank since you joined, you were a captain then if I recall correctly.

I miss sniper. Hope he's doing well.

And we're still talking about the 126 MRCA's too, decision due any day now...:))

Officer of Engineers
25 Feb 10,, 05:00
. . . since I joined the forum. In fact, I'm sitting in the exact same room in my house where I made my first post. I'm surprised I didn't get hassled too much since I came in here blasting away at OOE, M21, and TopHatter over the Stryker. :)) Hard to believe that was five years ago (or 2.75 kids ago, depending on how you keep track of time).Errr, Major, I was on your side and I am older than you ... and your memory is failing?

LAV III went into the CF years before your STRYKER brigades. In fact, you borrowed ours to help decide yours.

bigross86
25 Feb 10,, 06:52
I remember those looooong conversations, they were about half a year before I joined the IDF. Has it really been that long already? Good on ya, mate, here's looking at another 5 years!

Bigfella
25 Feb 10,, 08:29
There are a few of us here who have you to thank for finding this place Shek. Congratulations on 5 years.

S2
25 Feb 10,, 08:46
I don't think I joined STRATPAGE until about five years ago now but the funny thing is the virtual relationships that have sprung up since.

It really is an interesting community that revolves around (minus the faces, bad breath and B.O., spilled ashtrays and stale beer:biggrin:) good conversation.

High-fives and jack-slapping isn't as much fun though.;)

Canmoore
26 Feb 10,, 00:12
Enjoy your Nickel Shek!!

TopHatter
26 Feb 10,, 01:04
. . . since I joined the forum. In fact, I'm sitting in the exact same room in my house where I made my first post. I'm surprised I didn't get hassled too much since I came in here blasting away at OOE, M21, and TopHatter over the Stryker. :)) Hard to believe that was five years ago (or 2.75 kids ago, depending on how you keep track of time).

Me? Blasting away at me, over Stryker?? Not hardly! Can't speak for others on the forum though :biggrin:

ArmchairGeneral
26 Feb 10,, 02:18
I'm surprised I didn't get hassled too much since I came in here blasting away at OOE, M21, and TopHatter over the Stryker.

I hadn't joined yet, but I'd been lurking for a while- that argument was most amusing. Not as amusing as the great troll hunts of the Elder Days or the Butter Cookie Wars, but a heck of a lot more informative. :P

Silent Hunter
26 Feb 10,, 19:07
Congratulations!

Albany Rifles
26 Feb 10,, 21:39
Shek,

Appreciate doing a recon by fire over here before inviting me in from StratPage.

It was like moving up from the kids table to the main table at Thanksgiving!

Bigfella
27 Feb 10,, 00:37
shek,

appreciate doing a recon by fire over here before inviting me in from stratpage.

It was like moving up from the kids table to the main table at thanksgiving!

+ 1

ak-dave
01 Mar 10,, 00:43
WOW is right!! Doesn't seem like five years. Made me go look at my profile, and I'm coming up on five too. Same house, 0 kids more, 1 kid and 2 cats less.

Thanks for years of service here and there.

Five years ago I couldn't spell Stryker, now I are one. :)).

leib10
01 Mar 10,, 00:45
Wow, it's been 5 years for me too... how the time flies...

dalem
01 Mar 10,, 05:10
I think it's a little over 5 years since Bluesman and I were unceremoniously dumped on the WAB from another forum. A good 5 years overall.

-dale