A woman reported dead, wasnt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A woman reported dead, wasnt.

This is one reason why i have left whatever is of use to medical science , ensuring i am dead before cremation or burial , Lukins , do not mention my liver or kidneys , or me busted ticker , they can still use my cornea,s unless the diabettes gets em 1st

A woman pronounced dead by doctors in Colombia has been rushed back to the hospital after a funeral home worker saw her move while preparing her body.

Noelia Serna was admitted to a Cali hospital on Monday after suffering a heart attack and was on life support before doctors declared her dead.

Speaking from the hospital, Dr Miguel Angel Saavedra said the 45-year-old showed no vital signs: "The electronic devices that she was connected to showed that there was no heartbeat nor arterial tension. Because of that, the respiratory therapist performed a test when she removed the respirator and the patient could not breathe on her own. Sadly she was declared deceased."

Funeral home worker Jaime Aullon told reporters: "I stopped the process. And as soon as I stopped I started looking at her whole body and I noticed her midsection moving. I placed my hand here (pointing to his nose and mouth) and I felt her breathing. I told my partner that she should go back to hospital because she is alive."

It is being speculated that it could be a case of what is known as Lazarus Syndrome, a rare condition where heart rate and breathing drop below measurable levels before returning.
    Last edited by tankie; 23 Feb 10,, 13:46.

Originally posted by tankie View Post
    This is one reason why i have left whatever is of use to medical science , ensuring i am dead before cremation or burial , Lukins , do not mention my liver or kidneys , or me busted ticker , they can still use my cornea,s unless the diabettes gets em 1st

A woman pronounced dead by doctors in Colombia has been rushed back to the hospital after a funeral home worker saw her move while preparing her body.

Noelia Serna was admitted to a Cali hospital on Monday after suffering a heart attack and was on life support before doctors declared her dead.

Speaking from the hospital, Dr Miguel Angel Saavedra said the 45-year-old showed no vital signs: "The electronic devices that she was connected to showed that there was no heartbeat nor arterial tension. Because of that, the respiratory therapist performed a test when she removed the respirator and the patient could not breathe on her own. Sadly she was declared deceased."

Funeral home worker Jaime Aullon told reporters: "I stopped the process. And as soon as I stopped I started looking at her whole body and I noticed her midsection moving. I placed my hand here (pointing to his nose and mouth) and I felt her breathing. I told my partner that she should go back to hospital because she is alive."

It is being speculated that it could be a case of what is known as Lazarus Syndrome, a rare condition where heart rate and breathing drop below measurable levels before returning.
    Lazarus Syndrome. I think Rustybattleship was there at the first known case:))

Eric, if ANY hospital needs your liver, kidneys or heart(God forbid, they ever get that desperate) it would only be for medical research. Your innards would baffle students, and Pathologist, for years to come.:))

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post

Eric, if ANY hospital needs your liver, kidneys or heart(God forbid, they ever get that desperate) it would only be for medical research. Your innards would baffle students, and Pathologist, for years to come.:))

Comment

A little back from the dead humor from "Weekend at Bernies".

YouTube - Bernie's Dance

:))
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post

They wouldn't dare cremate him either because the residual alcohol would create a fireball....
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
            They wouldn't dare cremate him either because the residual alcohol would create a fireball....
            Heating (free) for homes in the area

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
              Heating (free) for homes in the area
              UK to New Zealand...One hell of a fireball but about right

Comment

Working...
              X