America's Army (the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Army (the game)

Anyone here (except me) played America's Army? I so, how realistic is it compared to real-life?
    And if you haven't, then you should definitely play it (download it, or get it on cd from your local recruiting office; it's free both ways).

Originally posted by sniperdude411
    Anyone here (except me) played America's Army? I so, how realistic is it compared to real-life?
    And if you haven't, then you should definitely play it (download it, or get it on cd from your local recruiting office; it's free both ways).
    I have played it i always get lost..... never was much of a gamer.

Comment

It's kinda hard to get lost in the bridge-crossing map (which is in my opinion, the funnest map of all). It's just a bridge with some obstacles... But that's wat make it the most fun. You always have to be extremely creative to get around everyone. It's even more fun when you're a sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
        It's kinda hard to get lost in the bridge-crossing map (which is in my opinion, the funnest map of all). It's just a bridge with some obstacles... But that's wat make it the most fun. You always have to be extremely creative to get around everyone. It's even more fun when you're a sniper.
        oh i got lost there too * * shamed *
        Last edited by Terran empire; 21 Apr 05,, 05:54.

Comment

I like the game. Don't play games very often, though. I enjoy "Hospital", "Mountain Pass SE", "Insurgent Camp", and my favorite, "Radio Tower." I'm 52 Honor.

Comment

Never played it. I'm kinda doubtful it matches up to NTC very well. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              Never played it. I'm kinda doubtful it matches up to NTC very well. ;)
              What kind of computer do you have? As being an actual retired soldier having actuall expreience with most of the guns in the game, you should DEFINITELY play it. You even have to complete the training (everything from marksmanship so you can qualify as sniper [which is REALLY hard], to medical seminars in which you have to pass the test to pass the training). Not to mention that the maps are REALLY cool.

http://www.americasarmy.com/

Comment

the game is good and realistic, although i wish it was a little less realistic. AFter all, it is a game, im looking for entertainment. plus the servers are no good

havent been here in awhile
                "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

What's your name on America's Army?
                  i almost never play (since my computer is REALLY old, but soon that'll change, I'm gettin a DUAL G5!!!!!!!!!), but my brother's on right now: aaroneous88

Comment

I used to play it but then I got sick of it and havent played it since heres why:

1) The largest battles you can have are 16 vs 16, real battles have 100s vs 100s .
                    2) No tanks, aircraft, choppers, artillery, mortars, heavy weapons etc ... also no pistols and knives or ability to reload ammo.
                    3) Once your down, your down and cant play again till map is over. I mean other games have you be revived ... how about like a limit on 3 or 4 revives a map?

Comment

1. If they had vehicles, not only the game itself would slow down, but it'd require a whole physics and driving engine, thus probably doubling the size of the game. Also, normal grunts are not allowed to drive vehicles like humvees or tanks, etc.
                      2. 8vs. 8 is more than enough for most maps, like bridge crossing. Any more than that is just overwhelming.
                      3. Every round is only about 5-7 minutes, and you can usually last 3-4 minutes. And respawning would really mess the game up, and make it less realistic. It's kind of like Rainbow Six 3.
                      4. There are pistols in America's Army; they're just not effective at all (because they aren't in real life); knives would be completely useless, since an assault rifle or pistol can take you out at whatever range, and there are almost never any encounters in which a knive would be effective. This isn't a game where you have a health meter; you move slower when you're shot and bleeding heavily, and knives DEFINITELY are not more dangerous than guns. Melee attacks totally are not as effective as guns are, even pistols.

Comment

Operation Flashpoint has all the things that Chris is asking for.

Comment

I played the demo to that a couple years ago. Almost bought it. Looked awesome.

Comment

It's pretty good.

Comment

My brother's going to get Close Combat: First to Fight soon, it's a game supposedly the most realistic AI. It looks awesome, too (and for Mac!!).

Comment

Working...
                              X